• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

{Updated}[GUIDE][ROOT] Enable calling feature on whatsapp!

Did it work?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

shashanksetty

Jul 22, 2013
mysore
The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

There had been rumors about whatsapp having a calling feature, well it looks like they've finally implimented it but it might be still in it's beta version, so it's not out for the public yet. a user in reddit had enabled this feature and posted a screenshot, so I decided to try.
let's get started.
Requirements:
1)Root access
2) whatsapp (version 2.11.508 or up. you can use the whatsapp.apk in the attachments.)
3) terminal emulator

Instructions:
1) make sure you have the right version of whatsapp
2) open terminal emulator in your android phone
3) type in the following:
HTML:
su
am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
4) whatsapp should now open with the calling feature enabled.

Drawbacks::crying:
1) if you want to call someone, the other person must have done the same thing (enabled this feature) in order for that person to receive your call

proof:
Screenshot_2015_02_01_12_27_44.png

UPDATE:
there is another method which seems to work without invite, follow this guide here.

Press thanks if I've helped! :D

XDA:DevDB Information
[GUIDE][ROOT] Enable calling feature on whatsapp!, App for the Android General

Contributors
shashanksetty

Version Information

Created 2015-02-01
Last Updated 2015-02-01

Attachments

• WhatsApp.apk
    18.5 MB · Views: 55,639
Last edited by a moderator:

rahulrao2222

Feb 2, 2015
I have updated the version of whatsapp 2.11.508 i wouldn't see call features can any body call me ......those hvnt see any contacts plzz call me +918802324421

---------- Post added at 03:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:31 AM ----------

I have rooted and enabled this feature. Who can call me or want me to call you?

Can u call me on +918802324421

xu3sno

Jun 12, 2012
UTC +11
Calls is showing, but no contact. It's happened also in my other number. Impossible to make call. Maybe WhatsApp disabled it for uninvited users:(

Sent from my HM 1S using XDA Free mobile app

Attachments

• 1422849702104.jpg
    1422849702104.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 1,570
  • 1422849731637.jpg
    1422849731637.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,518
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The latest WhatsApp feature is generating a lot of duplicate threads on XDA, drowning other threads in the process. Many are also posted in the wrong section. We're closing down all invite threads to keep the clutter down to a minimum. Instead, please use The Consolidated WhatsApp Calling Thread as a consolidated thread for all discussions related to the WhatsApp calling feature and invites. Thank you!

There had been rumors about whatsapp having a calling feature, well it looks like they've finally implimented it but it might be still in it's beta version, so it's not out for the public yet. a user in reddit had enabled this feature and posted a screenshot, so I decided to try.
    let's get started.
    Requirements:
    1)Root access
    2) whatsapp (version 2.11.508 or up. you can use the whatsapp.apk in the attachments.)
    3) terminal emulator

Instructions:
    1) make sure you have the right version of whatsapp
    2) open terminal emulator in your android phone
    3) type in the following:
    HTML:
    su
    am start -n com.whatsapp/com.whatsapp.HomeActivity
    4) whatsapp should now open with the calling feature enabled.

Drawbacks::crying:
    1) if you want to call someone, the other person must have done the same thing (enabled this feature) in order for that person to receive your call

proof:
    Screenshot_2015_02_01_12_27_44.png

UPDATE:
    there is another method which seems to work without invite, follow this guide here.

Press thanks if I've helped! :D

XDA:DevDB Information
    [GUIDE][ROOT] Enable calling feature on whatsapp!, App for the Android General

Contributors
    shashanksetty

Version Information

Created 2015-02-01
    Last Updated 2015-02-01
    1st Read properly everything. Then msg me only on Whatsapp

In-order to get the Whats-app Calling feature you need to have latest version 2.11.561
    Download from
    http://bit.ly/1GqgXqA
    Plz don't start posting ur numbers here
    i will call only if u just msg me on whats-app
    Don't msg or call on my cell except whats-app
    and even don't call back on my number through Whats-app Messenger
    but before msging me update ur whatsapp to 2.11.561
    If u want call Activation on ur ph. Then pick ur ph when i call you. Its necessary for activation.

To get invited On whats-app . Send a Whats-app message "Hello MOTO" on the number below.

Number - +91-8275236994

Press thanks.
    Just whatsapp me for invitation

Whatsapp me on +917093748704
    GUYS! For God's sake stop sharing your mobile nos. on an International forum. Use PM if you want. These forums are accessible to everyone on the planet. Use your brains. Don't take such stupid risks for features that will make way to the app in coming weeks.
    It doesn't work atm

Guys it doesn't work anymore. Stop asking for calls or sharing your number!
    Yes, you can still enable the call UI, but whats the point? Showing off against friends?
    Just wait till whatsapp launches it. They must have a good reason why they didn't enable it yet