How To Guide UPDATED : How to root Galaxy A52S 5G (SM-A528B)

Search This thread

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Edit : If you own Galaxy Buds headsets you will hear sound and music with your rooted phone but not phone calls, so don't forget to put the Galaxy Buds manager in Magisk deny List and reboot !!!

I experienced this issue
for awhile but didn't know how to fix it until now.

YouWotm8

May 12, 2022
I don't understand this question as how can you say June 2021 is newer than April 2022 or am I missing something ??? ^^
June 2022 firmware is still not available and this A528B phone was even not available by June 2021 but by September 2021...
You are correct, my bad, I meant to say the phone comes with September 2021 firmware and Android 11 and I want to upgrade to April 2022 firmware with Android 12, since I noticed the May 2022 update has some issues. Do I have to update anything through the phone or do I just flash April's 2022 firmware through Odin? Cheers from Greece, I'm going to drink to your health if the root is successful! :D

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
You are correct, my bad, I meant to say the phone comes with September 2021 firmware and Android 11 and I want to upgrade to April 2022 firmware with Android 12, since I noticed the May 2022 update has some issues. Do I have to update anything through the phone or do I just flash April's 2022 firmware through Odin? Cheers from Greece, I'm going to drink to your health if the root is successful! :D

Well there are two theories :
- Samsung firmwares are not cumulative and so you have to then them one after the other one until the last one you want...
- Samsung firmwares are cumulative and thus you can flash directly the April 2022 firmware.

I believe to the second theorie, but this is just my own belief... ^^

Gogu24

Jan 20, 2022
I believe to the second theorie, but this is just my own belief... ^^
Firmwares flashed through Odin are cumulative, as they contain the whole firmware every time. OTA updates (probably) aren't, since they should contain the differences to the last version.

Do I have to update anything through the phone or do I just flash April's 2022 firmware through Odin
When rooted, you never have to update anything through the phone, it will either not work or break stuff. Only use Odin

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Firmwares flashed through Odin are cumulative, as they contain the whole firmware every time. OTA updates (probably) aren't, since they should contain the differences to the last version.

This is also what I think but I prefer to be careful to not cause damages...

BTW, OTA updates are never cumulative as they are always much smaller than full firmwares !
When rooted, you never have to update anything through the phone, it will either not work or break stuff. Only use Odin

Yep, but never forget to install Samsung mobile driver on the Windows PC if they don't install by themself... ^^

Edit : but you may have to update Magisk and/or Magisk modules when applicable.

Reactions: Giaurone

YouWotm8

May 12, 2022
Are there any real differences between the firmwares of the same country and do they affect the rooting process? For example I see France has 4 different ones (BOG, FTM, SFR and XRF), so does it matter which one I choose for me? (In my case the 3 Greek ones are COS, EUR & VGR)

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Are there any real differences between the firmwares of the same country and do they affect the rooting process? For example I see France has 4 different ones (BOG, FTM, SFR and XRF), so does it matter which one I choose for me? (In my case the 3 Greek ones are COS, EUR & VGR)

There should be no difference in the rooting process unless a carrier is supplying a locked devices/firmware...

I'm mostly thinking about Orange (FTM), when I have no idea about SFR. No problem at all with Bouygues or Free Mobile. Other differences are probably on the features side such as VOWifi or VoLTE.

But I have no idea at all about firmwares from Greece.

Guys im trying the best way to update to CVE2 from CVE1. I am rooted with CVE1 and backed up with SwiftBackup fully including all options enabled in the apps and with SmartSwitch.

Now from what i had read in OP maybe i can upgrade and keep everything? because OP says
"* Selecting HOME_CSC should not erase your internal storage, your apps, data and settings but it may change your CSC without issue due to new Samsung policy specially with European Phones and countries..."

I will try it with this procedure.

1. Put AP of CVE2 to SDCard
2. With magisk i patch the new AP file and copy it back to my pc.
3. Reboot in Download mode
4. With Odin i install all the rom Original CVE2 files except that in AP i put the new patched one and in CSC i put the HOME_CSC

Anyone has anything to say before i start?

Thx
Chris

Last edited:

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Guys im trying the best way to update to CVE2 from CVE1. I am rooted with CVE1 and backed up with SwiftBackup fully including all options enabled in the apps and with SmartSwitch.

Now from what i had read in OP maybe i can upgrade and keep everything? because OP says
"* Selecting HOME_CSC should not erase your internal storage, your apps, data and settings but it may change your CSC without issue due to new Samsung policy specially with European Phones and countries..."

I will try it with this procedure.

1. Put AP of CVE2 to SDCard
2. With magisk i patch the new AP file and copy it back to my pc.
3. Reboot in Download mode
4. With Odin i install all the rom Original CVE2 files except that in AP i put the new patched one and in CSC i put the HOME_CSC

Anyone has anything to say before i start?

Thx
Chris
That procedure should work and using home_csc should not erase the internal and leave all as is. as for changing your csc, depends on where your firmware comes from. some do change csc some don't. just be aware that CVE2 does break the camera in many regions even with zygisk and safety-net fix 2.2.1 installed. I think france and greece are safe though from what I have read on the forum...

That procedure should work and using home_csc should not erase the internal and leave all as is. as for changing your csc, depends on where your firmware comes from. some do change csc some don't. just be aware that CVE2 does break the camera in many regions even with zygisk and safety-net fix 2.2.1 installed. I think france and greece are safe though from what I have read on the forum...
Thank you.

I just did it and all worked as expected.
I followed exactly what i said and in 1st boot it optimized apps and phone is ready.
For extra info i had the CVE1 EUR downloaded at 1st and my phone had VGR CSC which is kept after root.
I Downloaded again the CVE2 EUR to do the update and i still have the VGR CSC.

Edit: i forgot to mention that Magisk, LSPosed and all the modules i had in the phone including voice recording still working.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Thank you.

I just did it and all worked as expected.
I followed exactly what i said and in 1st boot it optimized apps and phone is ready.
For extra info i had the CVE1 EUR downloaded at 1st and my phone had VGR CSC which is kept after root.
I Downloaded again the CVE2 EUR to do the update and i still have the VGR CSC.

Edit: i forgot to mention that Magisk, LSPosed and all the modules i had in the phone including voice recording still working.

Well done and Good guy. lol

Reactions: BlueChris

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010

And don't forget Poland either which is also not affected by this camera issue ! ;)

cxzaqwed

Oct 2, 2016
I once rooted the phone and used it.
For some reason, I flashed the latest version of original ROM and locked the bootloader.
And now whatever I do, I can not unlock the bootloader. Can anyone help me?

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
I once rooted the phone and used it.
For some reason, I flashed the latest version of original ROM and locked the bootloader.
And now whatever I do, I can not unlock the bootloader. Can anyone help me?

How can we help you if we don't know what you've done ???

Watch at OP should be a good start !

cxzaqwed

Oct 2, 2016
How can we help you if we don't know what you've done ???

Watch at OP should be a good start !
20220529_172607.jpg

I do pressing Volume Up and Volume down all together and connect the second part of USB cable to phone and this blue screen popup!
As you can see, the OEM LOCK is on!
How do I unlock it?

Last edited:

bobfrantic

Aug 17, 2010
Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G
Well I've decided it's not worth rooting anymore. Not much customization can be done these days compared to a few years ago. Had so much fun with an SII and S4 modding apps and customizing my phone to my liking. But Samsung has made that a lot more difficult now, including the breaking of the camera when unlocking the boot loader in most regions except France, Greece and Poland that I know of. Also no TWRP has been made so no custom roms are available. For me the camera was one major reason for getting this phone so I locked bootloader and installed stock firmware with odin and everything is working fine. Hopefully someone has the time to figure this out because Samsung denies it is their fault and want phones brought to service centers which to me is a load of hooey. Until then, will just go with stock... oh well.

Arobase40

Nov 22, 2010
Well I've decided it's not worth rooting anymore. Not much customization can be done these days compared to a few years ago. Had so much fun with an SII and S4 modding apps and customizing my phone to my liking. But Samsung has made that a lot more difficult now, including the breaking of the camera when unlocking the boot loader in most regions except France, Greece and Poland that I know of. Also no TWRP has been made so no custom roms are available. For me the camera was one major reason for getting this phone so I locked bootloader and installed stock firmware with odin and everything is working fine. Hopefully someone has the time to figure this out because Samsung denies it is their fault and want phones brought to service centers which to me is a load of hooey. Until then, will just go with stock... oh well.

FYI i succeeded in repairing my main Galaxy Note 9. ;)

About TWRP I didn't forget it but I really have not enough spare time on working on it for the moment due to very important problems in my private life...

Top Liked Posts

Noob question (first Samsung phone, but im used root xiaomis). The Knox thingy, is reversible like the unlock and relock bootloader in xiaomis? or once i trip it, it is lost forever?
    lost forever...
    new release of safetynet.....
    Good for you on your note... so send me your a52s LOL JUST KIDDING!!

And take your time with TWRP, I'm hoping someone can figure out how to correct the camera issue....

I wish I could help also with this camera issue but it is difficult when I don't have this issue. ha ha
    Yes my phone is rooted and being updated for months now, never had the camera issue from the start. Always patched the new AP and updated as usual.
    Magisk 25 is available.....
    This is a highly updated tutorial on how to root the Galaxy A52S 5G (SM-A528B) phone based on new version of Magisk and from feedbacks I received from users after the release of the first guide version ! ;)
    This guide should work with other Samsung Galaxy models : phones or tablets

Rooting your device with Magisk will trigger Knox, so you have been warned !!!

This will also work with Galaxy A52S 5G (SM-528B) with a non working camera when the bootloader is unlocked, but with a little constrain which will be explained later.

You can check if you fall into this position by unlocking your bootloader without rooting and check if your camera is still working. If you camera fails and if you don't want to root your phone, then relock your bootloader pressing long Volume Down button when in Download mode.

This guide should not work with most US phones as they don't have access to the bootloader and/or the OEM toggle...

This project has been possible thanks to the precious help from @Stonos who found out a new version of Magisk which will prevent the A52S 5G to fall into a bootloop after flashing the magisk_patched.tar file such as with Magisk v23 or below.

Special thanks @
    topjohnwu who is the original dev who created this original Magisk version without which we could not root own device and some others models.

You should be aware this is a very new version of Magisk with some limitations as the Magisk Hide function doesn't exist anymore : at least not the same way as with older versions.

An alternative to the Magisk's modules download list can be find at the end of this tutorial !

What that means is that as default you'll have to sideload all modules from your internal storage or from your SDCard (better use SDCard as the internal storage could be erased after patching)...

Other issue is as we don't have TRWP we can't do a full system backup and restore, so backup all your apps and data by any means. I myself use Samsung SmartSwitch but you can use any other backup and restore solution of your choice because if something goes wrong you will have to reflash your phone from scratch... ^^

So be very careful !!!

As usual after rooting your phone your warranty may or may not be void, depending on where you are living : should be no problem in E.U countries...

Finally, I won't be responsible if you encounter any troubles/issues even though I deeply tested this root app and I spent many hours to be sure it is working with different configurations !!!

If you agree with this you can go on otherwise just give up and wait for a better solution...

- Get Magisk-v24.3 at the end of my tutorial and install it.

- Turn on the Wifi of your phone.
    - Download a stock firmware of your choice with Frija, Samfw, SamFrew, Sammobile or from any other source to a Windows PC.
    - Extract all files and upload the AP file on the root of your SDCard : better remove the MD5 extension to stay with a tar extension, so it will run faster.
    - The first time you run Magisk it may ask to download additional thing. Click on Yes and your phone will reboot by itself within 5 seconds.
    - Once rebooted, open up the Magisk app again (it may or may not ask you again to download additional thing, so just click on "Cancel", then on top of the screen, at the right of the Magisk name click on "Install", then "Select and patch a File" and select the AP file your uploaded previously.
    - Once done you will find the AP patched file in the Download folder of your internal storage.
    - You can upload and download files between your phone and your PC using the USB cable or by using Samsung Filemanager wirelessly if you are on the same network and if your PC is configure as FTP, SFTP or SMB "server"...

- Upload this file to your Windows PC storage which should contain the Samsung Mobile Drivers.
    - Use PC Odin3 v3.14 (you can find alternative PC Odin versions in post #2 if this one is not working correctly for you) and select this patched file as AP.
    - Select BL file as BL, CP file as CP.
    - Now the choice of CSC file depends on what you are willing to do...
    * Selecting a CSC_OXM file will erase all your internal storage, all your apps and data and it may change your CSC if you got your firmware from a totally different country.
    * Selecting HOME_CSC should not erase your internal storage, your apps, data and settings but it may change your CSC without issue due to new Samsung policy specially with European Phones and countries...

- DON'T PUSH START NOW !!!

-Now the hardest work begins as you will have to unlocked your bootloader...

- Be sure your phone is fully setup and turn on the OEM toggle and USB debugging in Developer Settings.
    - Check out in the development option the OEM toggle is still ON and/or greyed out.
    - Turn your phone off (You can change the behavior of the Power OFF button in the advanced settings instead of running Bixby) --> Customize the Side key.

- Connect your USB cable onto your PC first.
    - While pressing Volume Up and Volume down all together, connect the second part of your USB cable to your phone and a blue screen should popup.
    - Long Volume+ Press to activate the download mode and to unlock the bootloader.
    If it's the first time you do this, your phone will reboot and the storage will be totally resetted... In that case you'll have to do a basic setup of your phone with your Google account once your phone is rebooted !
    Make sure the OEM Toogle is still ON and probably Greyed out.
    - Reboot into Download Mode.
    - A small blue bar should turn on in PC Odin software which means your phone is recognized and ready to Flash.
    - Press the Start button and wait until your phone reboots

- You may have to wait between 5 to 15 mn before the welcome screen appears but could be much faster...
    - Do all the initial setup.

- At this position your phone should already be rooted !

- If you have Adaway or any other apps that need root, install it and you will know if root is working.

If you want to install all the downloaded Magisk modules, run Magisk and at the bottom right you will find the Modules icon and when pressed this section should be empty.
    So click on "Install from storage" and choose the module you want to install : a reboot is mandatory after each Magisk modules installed.
    Otherwise you can install and use FoxMagiskModuleManager from which you can download, install Magisk modules without rebooting, exception from Zygist LSPosed module which needs to be rebooted to create the shortcut on the welcome screen in order to manage all other Magisk modules !

Once in Magisk, click on the settings button (Top right icon of the display) and change the settings as you wish but click on
    Zygist (Beta) option, Enforce Deny List and optionally click on Configure DenyList which is some kind of Hide list...

Once done,
    Download and install : LSPosed-v1.8.2-6519-zygisk-release.zip and safetynet-fix-v2.2.1.zip and reboot your device.

Once rebooted, there is a little quirk with non-functional camera when bootloader is unlocked as the first time you run the camera app it won't work, so close it or force close it and the camera will work again (until a new reboot...).

If you do care about your privacy and some custom functions you can download and install these modules :

For the following modules you can download them on clicking on the name or via the Google Play Store when available.

Download : XprivacyLua
    Download : XPrivacyLua Pro from the Google Play Store
    Download : AfWall+ from the Google Play Store
    Download : Firefds kit Alpha 2 for Android 12 if you want to record your phone call + some other customization...

You have then to enable these modules from the LSPosed shortcut placed on your welcome screen !
    If not automatically done :

- With AFWall+ : be sure System Framework is set.
    - XprivacyLua : be sure System Framework and Android providers settings are set.
    - Firefds kit Alpha 2, it is a little bit more complicated as there are many more settings to activate (if not automatically done...) :

• Android System - android
      • Call - com.samsung.android.incallui
      • Call Settings - com.samsung.android.app.telephonyui
      • Camera - com.sec.android.app.camera
      • Contacts - com.samsung.android.contacts
      • Email - com.samsung.android.email.provider
      • Firefds Kit - sb.firefds.s.firefdskit
      • Messaging - com.samsung.android.messaging
      • MTP Application - com.samsung.android.MtpApplication
      • NFC - com.android.nfc
      • One UI Home - com.sec.android.app.launcher
      • Settings - com.android.settings
      • Smart Capture - com.samsung.android.app.smartcapture
      • Software Update - com.wssyncmldm
      • System UI - com.android.systemui
    When you run Firefds kit Alpha 2, it can show red, yellow or blue frame but whatsoever it should run fine.
    Make sure the Phone call recording is activated and quit the app. Place a call to another phone and if the other person is responding or if you get an automatic message all will be recorded and you will get a notification showing the call has been recorded, so simply click on the notification to have access to the registered .m4a file on the SDCard... if any (Folder Recordings/Call).

Ah yeah, you can restore your apps, data and settings from your backup... lol

Again, I have tested this procedure many times and I spent many hours to find out which is the best procedure with different configurations, flashing from scratch again and again, but as The Magisk Hide function is missing, some apps won't work such as Secure Folder, Samsung Pay, probably Netflix HD (I don't use it !), Samsung Health and some others.

So until this version won't be merged with Magisk v23, we can't do better...

Thank you all and special thanks to @Stonos

Edit : Thanks to @lucas_54
    , we now have an alternative to the Magisk modules list
    It won't be integrated to Magisk but works side by side with it and we don't need to reboot after each module download and install :

Edit : if you want to install a banking app, download and install it but don't run it for now !!!
    If it was already opened and it detected your device is rooted, stop the app in your apps settings and delete all data of the app storage.
    Add this banking app in the Magisk DenyList (may need a reboot to be sure).

And finally you can set it up and it should work fine now.

Edit 2 : If you own Galaxy Buds headsets you will hear sound and music with your rooted phone but not phone calls, so don't forget to put the Galaxy Buds manager in Magisk deny List, then reboot !!!
    THIS WORKS!!! ROOT+CAMERA WORKS+SAFETYNET PASS + Zygisk + hided app GG 100% no fake!!
    -OEM on toggle
    -unlock boot loader
    -I used Frija(attached zip file) to download the SM-A528B_2_20220210164651_yls5f2v8f4_fac.zip file.
    -I also used the Samsung_USB_Driver_v1.7.43.0(file attached), which I do not know if was necessary, but check with the anti Virus and nothing found
    -I also used the direct Magisk apk(file attached) last version
    -also used the Odin version recommended here the 2° one(attached file)
    -I also waited the set up to finish twice.
    -reminder for the people, do not register yourself in Samsung account until you finish all of this if not you will be prompt with a 2 factor check which you can fill unless you put your SMS service elsewhere.
    -remove the extension and leave it to "tar"
    -select the AP file and process with the apk ,then move the output to the PC
    -flash with the APmagisk_patched file,wait 5 min
    -let it set up all, install modules, zygisk, safetynet-fix-v2.2.1(attached)
    -done

I did this in a run, I can edit this.

Good, fine but why did you feel the need to explain all of this in detail as this is what I already explained in different threads on this section and I was about to update OP ??? ^^

You also forgot to install LSPosed-zygist-1.7.2 and some other modules to complete the full root...

But you will have to wait after my update... ;)
    THIS WORKS!!! ROOT+CAMERA WORKS+SAFETYNET PASS + Zygisk + hided app GG 100% no fake!!
    -OEM on toggle
    -unlock boot loader
    -I used Frija(attached zip file) to download the SM-A528B_2_20220210164651_yls5f2v8f4_fac.zip file.
    -I also used the Samsung_USB_Driver_v1.7.43.0(file attached), which I do not know if was necessary, but check with the anti Virus and nothing found
    -I also used the direct Magisk apk(file attached) last version
    -also used the Odin version recommended here the 2° one(attached file)
    -I also waited the set up to finish twice.
    -reminder for the people, do not register yourself in Samsung account until you finish all of this if not you will be prompt with a 2 factor check which you can fill unless you put your SMS service elsewhere.
    -remove the extension and leave it to "tar"
    -select the AP file and process with the apk ,then move the output to the PC
    -flash with the APmagisk_patched file,wait 5 min
    -let it set up all, install modules, zygisk, safetynet-fix-v2.2.1(attached)
    -done

I did this in a run, I can edit this.
    You can now find a working Samsung Health app compatible with rooted phone in post #3 !!! :giggle:
    Before I press start, could you just give a quick glance to make sure everything looks correct? I am just very weary when it comes to flashing stuff like this as I don't want to mess up and break it.

EDIT: I also read that by other people that you should turn off Auto Reboot in options so I turned that off as well.

No, you can turn on the auto reboot !

Turning off the auto reboot is only with TWRP, but as we don't have it... ;)

My question of Odin3 is do you patch ONLY the Magisk TAR or the Magisk TAR as AP and BL, CP, CSC, from the stock firmware I downloaded?

Only the Magisk AP patched file !

So, awesome news! I followed this tutorial and some other ones online for guidance for Rooting the A52s 5g SM-528B and it is very possible to get it Rooted and with the cameras working! Please look at the pictures provided for proof! Sorry for blurry iphone 5 pictures, but that is just to show that it is indeed the A52s 5g SM-528B Rooted WITH Camera fully functioning. Thank you so much @Arobase40 for writing this awesome guide otherwise no Root would be available for me! If anyone is wondering, I flashed the "Samsung Galaxy A52s 5G SM-A528B - XEF - A528BXXS1AUL3" From https://samfw.com/firmware/SM-A528B/XEF . (Thanks to Arobase40 Suggestion) Everything work without any issue.

As it was detailed in the very big thread and in some others the working camera depends on some countries and nobody except Samsung knows the reason !!! ^^

If this was useful to you don't forget to watch at my signature... lol