Updated: HTC Weather Master 1.0.b4

Search This thread

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
Update 2/7

HTC Weather Master 1.0 has been release. Go here for more information:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=3287665#post3287665

PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD

Updated 2/6 - HTC Weather Master 1.0.b4 now available.

Feature List:
  • Manage your current city list, delete cities, add them, change their order
  • Simplied interface making it easy to add US cities, World-wide cities and Countries...
  • Cooked-In support that allows chefs to force it to load once after the customization reboot...
  • Support for the backing up/restoring of your current cities to a storage card...
  • Support for auto-loading of backed up cities upon clean install (when in Cooked-In mode)

Changes since version 1.0.b3
  • Added a nicer start up
  • Attempts to clear current cache and journals when starting
  • New entries are sorted on to the list properly
  • Changing your state/country attempts to make the first relevant entry visible on the list

Changes since version 1.0.b2
  • Reworked how it manages the database. Startup is a little slower, but using the program should be much faster
  • Fix a bug with restoring a backed up weather list

Changes since version 1.0.b1

• Added a Current Weather page for managing your current weather locations
  • WM no longer overwrites existing weather
  • Added code to fix the url which should make it work on all roms
  • Attempt at creating shadow copies of the db which will hopefully fix the read-only issues
  • Added an initial check to make sure the DB is there
  • Installs to the room Start Menu instead of Tools

Keep the feedback coming. I've removed the instructions and package for chefs until it gets out of beta. If you're a chef and want to play with it or include it, PM me.

Attachments

• Countries.jpg
    Countries.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 942
  • Current.jpg
    Current.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 621
  • Tools.jpg
    Tools.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 514
  • US.jpg
    US.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 478
  • WorldWide.jpg
    WorldWide.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 450
Last edited:

NotATreoFan

Senior Moderator / Developer & Moderator Committee
Staff member
Hey everyone, I kept getting frustrated that Weather Editor would often just refuse to add my cities so I wrote a new one and I'm looking for people to help me test it, especially Chefs. Check out HTC Weather Master.

1. Download HTCWeatherMasterForChefs.zip
  2. Integrate it in to your ROM (I tend to put it in ExtendedPkg)
  3. Edit a Config.txt and add: "EXEC \WINDOWS\HTCWeatherMaster.exe -cooked"

This looks amazing! I will test this out for my new ROM due tomorrow. BTW, you missed a ":" in the EXEC line in your list. It should be "EXEC:\WINDOWS\HTCWeatherMaster.exe -cooked"

Can the HTCWeatherMasterInstaller.CAB be used with out being cooked into the ROM?

Yes it can be. The CAB is for post flashing, and the zip file is for us chefs.

scdavis

Sep 28, 2008
Very nice work... I have some potential suggestions from the users side for the final product...

It installs to "Tools" which was confusing for a second for me, but might be more confusing for others.

Defaultly starts up at NC, is this because thats where you are? :)

The Set button is cool, but I didnt know it'd wipe out my other saved cities, maybe a warning?

Again, great work... a big improvement over WeatherDB Editor which was also great!

-SCDavis

mark72501

Dec 30, 2008
Arkansas
Am I understanding this right that I can install the cab to my Fuze and will then be able to add cities to my Weather tab that I am unable to add with the default weather settings? Is this correct? If it doesn't work for me, can I uninstall and it revert to the original weather program/settings?

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
Am I understanding this right that I can install the cab to my Fuze and will then be able to add cities to my Weather tab that I am unable to add with the default weather settings? Is this correct? If it doesn't work for me, can I uninstall and it revert to the original weather program/settings?

Yes you can install the cab file on your Fuze. It adds cities to the weather database. You still have to go to the Weather Tab and add the location you created using Weather Master.

mark72501

Dec 30, 2008
Arkansas
Okay, so I installed the cab. Installed fine. Went to Tools and ran the config program. I added my city (Batesville, AR) and it added it to the list.

However, when I go to the Weather tab, it shows my city name as Batesville, AR but it sits there...and then after several seconds will give me a connection error. I switched back to the other city I was using originally (Little Rock, AR) and it updated the weather almost immediately.

Any ideas? Is it not pointing to the right location to d/l the weather for added cities? Or did I do something wrong?

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
It installs to "Tools" which was confusing for a second for me, but might be more confusing for others.

Yea, I'll reset the cab to install to the root instead of tools. Hopefully most Chefs will cook it in and then they can place the link where ever they want.

Defaultly starts up at NC, is this because thats where you are? :)

Yep.

The Set button is cool, but I didnt know it'd wipe out my other saved cities, maybe a warning?

That's a good point. I'll add a warning if you are about to overwrite current weather.

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
Okay, so I installed the cab. Installed fine. Went to Tools and ran the config program. I added my city (Batesville, AR) and it added it to the list.

However, when I go to the Weather tab, it shows my city name as Batesville, AR but it sits there...and then after several seconds will give me a connection error. I switched back to the other city I was using originally (Little Rock, AR) and it updated the weather almost immediately.

Any ideas? Is it not pointing to the right location to d/l the weather for added cities? Or did I do something wrong?

Try this. Go to Start/Setting/Today/Items and uncheck TouchFlo3D. Using Total Commander go to Application Data\HTC\databases and delete forecast_cache.db. Go back and check TouchFlo3D. Add your city and see if it will update.

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008

I just tried it here and was able to add Batesville AR. Try removing the entry you added and readd it. If that doesn't work, send me you 2330fc3c_manila file from your windows directory so I can see what's up.

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
Try this. Go to Start/Setting/Today/Items and uncheck TouchFlo3D. Using Total Commander go to Application Data\HTC\databases and delete forecast_cache.db. Go back and check TouchFlo3D. Add your city and see if it will update.

I wonder if I should delete the cache whenever you set the weather.

rwertz14

Jan 8, 2008
Rutledge, Tn.
I wonder if I should delete the cache whenever you set the weather.

It might be a good idea to do that. After doing some reading in other threads, deleting the forecast_cache.db seems to be the solution for users having problems getting cities to update after adding them. I don't think it would hurt anything by doing it and might be a proactive way in solving issues before they pop up.

Last edited:

mark72501

Dec 30, 2008
Arkansas
I deleted the cache, as suggested, and still nothing.

Maybe you should briefly run through the steps I should've followed to add my city? It doesn't make sense (to me) that the default cities will update but the added ones will not...I'm wondering if I missed a step somewhere. Thx.

Cassabaum

Aug 28, 2008
Sqlite table error

I loaded the cab to my device ATT Tilt

When I run the program it responds with
SQLite error: no such table cities

Any suggestions ?

JoeWilcox

Feb 3, 2008
I deleted the cache, as suggested, and still nothing.

Maybe you should briefly run through the steps I should've followed to add my city? It doesn't make sense (to me) that the default cities will update but the added ones will not...I'm wondering if I missed a step somewhere. Thx.

1. Load Weather Master
  2. Select the US tab
  3. Select your state (AR)
  4. Enter "batesville" for the city.
  5. Press SET

If that doesn't work, send me your db file (2330fc3c_manila).

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone