(UPDATED LINKS 11|28|2010) Footprint CAB

Search This thread

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
Yes, it works on WM6.5. Footprint needs to be installed BEFORE Google Maps otherwise it will not recognize Google Maps. If you have Google Maps on your device PRIOR to installing Footprint then you MUST re-install Google Maps.

The trick is to ensure that GoogleMaps is installed in the .\Program Files\GoogleMaps folder as the Footprint applications specifically looks there for the Google Map .EXE

It's only going to become a problem if Google decides to change the name of the EXE or the CAB installation path without providing and option to select a different path.

I've OEM'ed Footprints, Footprints navigation plug-ins, and GoogleMaps ... works like a charm regardless of the installation order.

Cheers,

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
The compressed version works the same as the other, but takes up less space.

Yes, it works on WM6.5. Footprint needs to be installed BEFORE Google Maps otherwise it will not recognize Google Maps. If you have Google Maps on your device PRIOR to installing Footprint then you MUST re-install Google Maps.

you my friend are the man lol!!!! im going to try an do that now to see what happens...cause my rom came with it pre-installed so ill see if i can uninstall it, install footprints first then google maps back an ill report back!!! :D

EDIT: ok so I checked in remove programs an its not there but it is installed on my rom, came with it so what do i do in this case to remove it etc???

Last edited:

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
you my friend are the man lol!!!! im going to try an do that now to see what happens...cause my rom came with it pre-installed so ill see if i can uninstall it, install footprints first then google maps back an ill report back!!! :D

EDIT: ok so I checked in remove programs an its not there but it is installed on my rom, came with it so what do i do in this case to remove it etc???

Just download a Google Maps CAB ( New version in first post) and just install it to your device.

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Just download a Google Maps CAB ( New version in first post) and just install it to your device.

what do u mean just install it from first post lol....google maps came pre-installed with the rom i flashed to an ive used it but its not in the remove programs list to uninstall it so that way i can install footprints so that itll work correctly with GM'S follow??

Reactions: rauschkugl

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!

what do u mean just install it from first post lol....google maps came pre-installed with the rom i flashed to an ive used it but its not in the remove programs list to uninstall it so that way i can install footprints so that itll work correctly with GM'S follow??

EDIT: It seems that GM'S is cooked into my rom so i cant uninstall it...do you have any advice what to do cause id like to have footprints working on my htc fuze!! THANX SOO MUCH KDKOBES!! :D

Last edited:

KDKobes

Aug 12, 2007
just install the google maps cab to your device. It will install, then when its done, try footprints again

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
KDKobes,

Thank You my man for getting back to me with responses an for your help!! :D
Let the Footprints begin!!! ;)
Now if only there were a tab made for it to use on TF3D itself nowwwww that would be bad ass!!!

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
@MRFERRARI23:

Know u've been here already ... in case others haven't:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=479057

Would love to see this too ... suspect xboxmod is probably swamped with other projects. Also looks like there's some Mode9/Lua related issues blocking forward movement.

I've just started looking into Mode9/Lua ... let's say the learning curve is like scaling the face of a canyon.

Cheers,

gruya011

Sep 11, 2008
Hello,
Can anybody help me? I would like to ,when I take (only) GPS photo, picture goes directly to tomtom - that means my device/sd card/GEO PHOTOS
NOT TO my device/sd card/My documents/My poi. I did not install Footprint.cab, I have only enabled gps photo in registry.
Is it posible to be set?
My device is HTC Touch Pro.
thank you.

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hello,
Can anybody help me? I would like to ,when I take (only) GPS photo, picture goes directly to tomtom - that means my device/sd card/GEO PHOTOS
NOT TO my device/sd card/My documents/My poi. I did not install Footprint.cab, I have only enabled gps photo in registry.
Is it posible to be set?
My device is HTC Touch Pro.
thank you.
That should be a simple registry key change. Did you try changing the below key:
Code:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\HTC\Camera\P10]
"SaveFolder"="My POI"
to whatever path you want?

Aekio

May 26, 2009
Bangkok
I really want to give it a try and suggest you the feedback but too bad that I use the Garmin map.

Google map is causing money here in my country due to the fact that we have to connect to the egde signal if we want to use google map. Trust me that it is real damn expensive.

However, just drop by to cheer your great work. I really need to have in on my device. Maybe if you have your new comp, please considerate in making it works with Garmin map.

Thank you and cheer.

mpaynejr

Oct 11, 2008
Touch HD

Hello,

I've tried a few times with the install on my Touch HD with limited success. As stated, I've followed the install the footprints cab first, followed by Google maps directions.

The application loads to my device fine. When I attempt to add a new footprint it just shows the camera screen on basically a quarter of the screen with no functionality.

Maybe this has something to do with the new Topaz camera....I'm currently using Miri's V18 WM6.5 ROM on my Touch HD. Anyone having success out there on their Touch HD?

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
Hello,

I've tried a few times with the install on my Touch HD with limited success. As stated, I've followed the install the footprints cab first, followed by Google maps directions.

The application loads to my device fine. When I attempt to add a new footprint it just shows the camera screen on basically a quarter of the screen with no functionality.

Maybe this has something to do with the new Topaz camera....I'm currently using Miri's V18 WM6.5 ROM on my Touch HD. Anyone having success out there on their Touch HD?

you have the new topaz camera on your touch hd?? please do tell!!!

tall.gooner

Feb 24, 2009
Hello,

it worked on stock and duttys rom but I have the same problem when used on Miri's:confused:

neven101

Jun 20, 2009
Where to download footprint for GoogleMaps?

Hi guys,

I have GoogleMAps, and I am not sure which link to choose to download footprint version for it.

I see only footprint versions for:
TomTom, CoPilot, NaviTel & PaPaGo.

I can install any fo those 4 and Google Maps or Google maps have different link.

Thank you in advance

Captain_Throwback

Recognized Developer
Hi guys,

I have GoogleMAps, and I am not sure which link to choose to download footprint version for it.

I see only footprint versions for:
TomTom, CoPilot, NaviTel & PaPaGo.

I can install any fo those 4 and Google Maps or Google maps have different link.

Thank you in advance
Any of those 4 will work with Google Maps. NOTE: You may (will likely) have to reinstall Google Maps after installing Footprints for it to work correctly.

neven101

Jun 20, 2009
Any of those 4 will work with Google Maps. NOTE: You may (will likely) have to reinstall Google Maps after installing Footprints for it to work correctly.
Is it for QVGA or VGA?

I would use it on Kaiser (TyTNII).

I am asking because I can not see the full screen of footprint application (I can see only 1/4 of whole screen).
It seems like application is for bigger screen or it is somehow zoom in (with big letters).

It need to be smaller.

Any suggestions?

Thanx

Last edited:

ipporek

Jul 21, 2008
Hmm... somehow just can't get the GPS part to work, though I installed Google Maps after installing Footprints.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.