(UPDATED LINKS 11|28|2010) Footprint CAB

Search This thread

hilaireg

Moderator Emeritus
Jan 20, 2009
somehow just can't get the GPS part to work, though I installed Google Maps after installing Footprints.

Could you provide a bit more explanation on what you are seeing? In the interim;

1) Does the GoogleMap button (pushpin on a grid) appear when selecting a Footprints image from within Footprints.

If the pushpin is not present, the GoogleMaps executable may be missing from the .\Program Files\GoogleMaps folder. Exit Footprints, try copying the EXE to this location, restart Footprints to see if the pushpin button appears.

2) The pushpin appears but GoogleMaps is not locking via GPS

Does GPS functionality work when you launch GoogleMaps directly and select the Use GPS option and set the GPS Option to "Managed By Windows"?

3) Other Navigation software

Is there other navigation software installed on your device?

HTH,

aderickus

Feb 5, 2009
Midlands
www.rickus.com
I seem to be getting the same QVGA issue asw Neven101

The graphics seem huge on the screen after entering the footprint application

And when you select a picture, which you can do

You cannot select the nav icon even though it appears on the screen :(

Shame really

take55

Oct 1, 2008
Quote:Originally Posted by mpaynejr
Hello,

I've tried a few times with the install on my Touch HD with limited success. As stated, I've followed the install the footprints cab first, followed by Google maps directions.

The application loads to my device fine. When I attempt to add a new footprint it just shows the camera screen on basically a quarter of the screen with no functionality.

Maybe this has something to do with the new Topaz camera....I'm currently using Miri's V18 WM6.5 ROM on my Touch HD. Anyone having success out there on their Touch HD?
it worked on stock and duttys rom but I have the same problem when used on Miri's:confused:

i have exactly the same problem and i'm running a rom from dutty (Dutty's HD WM6.5 R3)..

Aug 20, 2008
I like footprint very much-!!!
but i have a problemby starting the camera nothing happens. see screenshot.
I use laurentius rom 3.55 with full rhodium camera on a touch hd.
had some one a solution for that- for me it seems to be the rhodium camera.
regards
gandalf

TheGentAtXDA

Aug 3, 2009
Is this thing still on? Would love to see it working on a WM6.5 with Manila 2.5, so maybe a cab would enable the missing opening of the cam ...

Aug 20, 2008
I know in the new Laurentiusrom -(win 6.5 manila 2,5) he tried to integrate it. In the moment it don´t work- but the whole rom is in work.
regards
gandalf

sergio2007

Oct 8, 2007
...but i have a problemby starting the camera nothing happens. see screenshot...
Same here. I did manage to get a couple of shots by pressing the Action button on the first day, but after that all I get are black screen pictures.

Cool app, but I must say that without the ability to share these pictures/data via SMS and/or e-mail, the functionality is a bit limited.

gotoevil

Aug 26, 2009
Hi, bro. I could not connect to www.4shared.com, because of the Great Wall(a great firewall in China, very disgusting). Would you please send you cab(or NaviTel Supported
Version) to my E-mail address? Here:gotoevil@gmail. Thanks a lot!

Odeon

Oct 5, 2007
Is there a newer version of Footprints (with .kmz export to Google maps) available?
This new version appeared in Leo Manila.

Old Footprints (available in this thread as .cabs) only export to its own backup file. no .kmz/.kml support.

.kmz can be used to load the track and photos made on the go and see your route in a highly visualized way.

Mio-Treo.info

Sep 23, 2008
TP / CB
www.mio-treo.info
*SEE POST #2 FOR UPDATES*
This version of Footprint is based on.......HTC_Footprint_1.01822.3925 (This is the 2D Manilla version, but will work with TF3D)

I have done some modifications to make this work on my Fuze, but it should work just fine on the Touch Pro, or Diamond. Currently this version does NOT have the "Footprint Tab" on the home screen. I don't have lots of time on my hands so bear with me on updates. If anyone wishes to step in and modify it more, its all yours.

KNOWN PROBLEMS

**LANDSCAPE VIEW DOESN'T FIT THE WHOLE SCREEN**

DOWNLOAD LINK(READ POST #2 FOR FIXES)

~ If you use TomTom download the TomTom Supported Version ~
~ If you use CoPilot download the CoPilot Supported Version ~
~ If you use PaPaGo download the PaPaGo Supported Version ~
~ If you use NaviTel download the NaviTel Supported Version ~
~Having one of the above GPS programs is NOT required. But if you don't have one then you MUST download Google Maps to get the full effect.

UN-Compressed Versions

TomTom Supported Version

CoPilot Supported Version

NaviTel Supported Version

PaPaGo Supported Version

Compressed Versions

TomTom Supported

PaPaGo Supported

NaviTel Supported

CoPilot Supported

Google Maps 3.0.1.6 ~ If you don't currently have one of the supported GPS programs above, you must use Google Maps. **Footprint MUST be installed BEFORE installing Google Maps. If your device was PRELOADED with Google Maps you MUST re-install it.

Unfortunately - not one of the links do not work ...:(

redflag

Dec 11, 2007
Newbury
Footprints link

I have uploaded the cab to Megaupload, hopefully this should do the trick. Please read notes in first post, this is the Tomtom compatible version meaning navigation to footprint will automatically be done via Tomtom. Selecting position manually will still open GoogleMaps as default. Cab file at http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2JXA8TGX

Zahurtex

Feb 21, 2009
Strange...weather updates stopped working.

I recently installed on my previous Energy rom Akeo 23504 i think the build was and I installed papa go ver. although footprints worked fine and i took some some pictures as well... but strangely it stopped my manila home weather stopped.

I have now downloaded Tom Toms version from the link supplied by the "redflag" in your above post...i am still afraid if I install this it will stop my weather updates so can you or anyone else confirm that this works fine--- I am now on Energys: 'Leo' 28002 ★ |Nov21| Sense 2.5 !

friariello2

May 2, 2009
I installed the footprints for TomTom but it works:
1) goes outside the screen and no and 'manageable
2) it draws tomtom
3) does not allow to do anything
What advice do since I installed tom tom 7910 and 7915
thanks
Also you can recommend a link to download wm 6.5 rom for polaris

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just download a Google Maps CAB ( New version in first post) and just install it to your device.

what do u mean just install it from first post lol....google maps came pre-installed with the rom i flashed to an ive used it but its not in the remove programs list to uninstall it so that way i can install footprints so that itll work correctly with GM'S follow??