Updated March 6: [ROM] LiquidSmooth LP 5.1.1 r. 34 Unofficial UBERTC

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Instructions to configure Data/Wifi without captive portal and with Afwall: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=62560397&postcount=3

March 6. New release.

1. Backlight off in 5 seconds when the phone is off and connected to the charger
2. Updated kernel
3. Latest sources
3. Kernel Adiutor and Afwall are in a separate zip to be installed as regular apps in data partition

Rom Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=17216

Afwall & Kernel Adiutor Download (unzip and install as normal apps): http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=17217

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
February 12: Updated release to add the following features:

1. Wakelock blocker (in security settings)
2. Network Traffic in status bar
3. CPU info on screen (in developer options)
4. Rambar in recents
5. Updated M5 kernel with sound fix

Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16804

If you are on the original release, you can just flash this one dirty. All others: fresh install.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
This is LiquidSmooth LP 5.1.1 release 34, which includes

1. Rom and Kernel compiled with UBERTC tool chain
2. All my Hardened Features
3. Modified M5 Kernel 3.4.11
4 Latest Google Sources
5. February Security Patches
6. CM Theme Engine
6. Kernel Adiutor and Afwall

Credit: LiquidSmooth Team

Credit for Kernel to Myself5

Instructions: Unlocked Bootloader, Root, TWRP
1. Enter TWRP
2. Wipe System/Data/Cache/Dalvik
3. Flash the rom
4. Reboot

The only slight limitation of this rom is: when you use CM12 themes, DO NOT APPLY changes to Status Bar, as your SystemUI will FC and you will have to remove the theme in TWRP in Data. At least this was my experience on Blackedout Theme...

Download: http://forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=16763

Kernel Source: https://github.com/AOSP-Argon/android_kernel_sony_msm8974

Rom Sources: https://github.com/LiquidSmooth

XDA:DevDB Information
LiquidSmooth LP 5.1.1 Unofficial, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z1

Contributors
optimumpro
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Unlocked Bootloader
Based On: AOSP,CM

Version Information
Stable Release Date: 2016-02-10

Created 2016-02-10
Last Updated 2016-03-06

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Battery Usage

Here is my battery usage on the latest release:

28+ hours using 70% of battery: 2 hrs of screen, wifi/email/syncing 24/7, most of screen time is web browsing with video streaming, moderate phone usage, sms/emailing and some photos downloading and watching. After that 30% of battery left and projected 14 hours on a single charge. See pictures attached...

Attachments

Last edited:

drakonizer

Retired Forum Moderator
May 10, 2013
Death Star
Just flashed the ROM. I'd like to report that the status bar bug for themes does not exist for me. Just tried two themes, both which worked perfectly

I don't see option to overclock GPU to 600MHz in Kernel Adiutor.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. When I rebooted and switched themes again, SystemUI started crashing.

Last edited:

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Just flashed the ROM. I'd like to report that the status bar bug for themes does not exist for me. Just tried two themes, both which worked perfectly

I don't see option to overclock GPU to 600MHz in Kernel Adiutor.

EDIT: I spoke too soon. When I rebooted and switched themes again, SystemUI started crashing.
That's your variant of GPU that does not respond to kernel.

As I have said with CM12 themes: don't apply status bar changes and you will have no SystemUI crashing.

kentexcitebot

Mar 30, 2014
Moorpark
Tried the new release coming from Jaguar. From a full day's experience, Liquidsmooth is pretty unstable...

1. There seems to be a problem with AFWall on Liquidsmooth: whenever I install or update an application through the Play Store, the ROM soft reboots. Once it boots, I have to force close AFWall through the navbar arrow in order to reset iptables and get data/wifi working. Without force closing, AFWall will either get stuck at applying the iptables or hang.

2. Themes for me is STILL broken (applying status bar). Luckily, I've wiped my phone beforehand and the theme was the first application I installed, so I didn't lose anything.

3. Unable to change wallpaper. I know, the workaround is to set wallpaper and then soft-reboot, but really? I have to soft-reboot just to change the wallpaper??

4. Settings force closes after applying Ringer/Notification. When I go back to the setting, it's saved; however, I looked again after a few hours and it says "Unknown Ringtone". I don't have too many media files on the phone/sdcard, so it's not a media scanning issue...

5. Random hard reboot during boot. After I unlocked my phone, I get a message from AFWall that I should configure an application. Almost instantly, the phone locks up for a good 10 seconds, turns off, then reboots with Sony screen.

I'm back at Jaguar and I couldn't be more happier with it. Honestly, this build of Liquidsmooth is pretty bad (I don't mean any offense, but LP should be stable at this point), so if anyone is thinking of taking the plunge with Liquidsmooth, note these issues. I can't wait for a March release of Jaguar!

optimumpro

Jan 18, 2013
Tried the new release coming from Jaguar. From a full day's experience, Liquidsmooth is pretty unstable...

1. There seems to be a problem with AFWall on Liquidsmooth: whenever I install or update an application through the Play Store, the ROM soft reboots. Once it boots, I have to force close AFWall through the navbar arrow in order to reset iptables and get data/wifi working. Without force closing, AFWall will either get stuck at applying the iptables or hang.

2. Themes for me is STILL broken (applying status bar). Luckily, I've wiped my phone beforehand and the theme was the first application I installed, so I didn't lose anything.

3. Unable to change wallpaper. I know, the workaround is to set wallpaper and then soft-reboot, but really? I have to soft-reboot just to change the wallpaper??

4. Settings force closes after applying Ringer/Notification. When I go back to the setting, it's saved; however, I looked again after a few hours and it says "Unknown Ringtone". I don't have too many media files on the phone/sdcard, so it's not a media scanning issue...

5. Random hard reboot during boot. After I unlocked my phone, I get a message from AFWall that I should configure an application. Almost instantly, the phone locks up for a good 10 seconds, turns off, then reboots with Sony screen.

I'm back at Jaguar and I couldn't be more happier with it. Honestly, this build of Liquidsmooth is pretty bad (I don't mean any offense, but LP should be stable at this point), so if anyone is thinking of taking the plunge with Liquidsmooth, note these issues. I can't wait for a March release of Jaguar!
I have switched to LiquidSmooth, because it has a better battery life than any other rom I know including Jaguar.

I have none of your Afwall issues. The app should be installed as normal (not in system) and granted root. Afwall is one of a few apps that has worked flawlessly for me from day one on different roms.

Ringtone/settings crash -- none, I could easily switch ringtones, no issues. Also, no hard reboot at all.

Wallpaper: seriously, how often do you change them?

Status bar theming: that remains, I can't fix it. Just don't apply status bar portion of a theme, all others work fine. And by the way, you don't have to wipe the phone when you accidentally apply status bar changes. You can reboot in TWRP, mount system, remove the theme with file manager and reboot.

Jaguar March release is coming...