**UPDATED** MIDlet manager

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
i will give credit to risidoro for this one.. and im lazy som im just going to copy/paste. original post can be found here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1079560&posted=1#post1079560

This new MIDlet Manager comes from the new HTC Herald ROM, version 1.2.405

This new version is JTWI 1.0 compliant and SUPPORTS Google's SATELLITE Maps (of course, you need to download Google Maps' client from www.google.com/gmm

This release also supports sending SMSs from Opera Mini 3.0 (mini.opera.com)!!!

Some Details about the program:
Developer: Intent
Name: MIDlet Manager
Version: 11.1.7.1023
Build: 20060907
JWTI v.1.0 Compliance!

------- HOW TO INSTALL ------------

- download the zip archive from:

Risidoro_Intent_MIDlet_Manager_v11.zip

- extract the cab (inside the archive) somewhere in your PC (e.g. Desktop)

- copy to somewhere in your PocketPC (e.g. \storage card)

- in your PocketPC, navigate with File Manager to the cab and tap on it to install

- when asked, choose to install in the Device (and NOT in Storage Card!)

- reboot when asked

PS: It can be installed over previous version (or in roms where the old midlet is included)!

-------- COMPATIBILITY ---------------

So far, i've only tested it with the midlets i use the most.

- Google Maps runs fine. Satellite maps are supported!!!

- Opera Mini 3.0 runs OK too and supports SMS sending. Even softkeys works! Photo blog feature, however, is not supported :(

- Mobile GMaps, beta 1.30.08 http://wap.mgmaps.com/ simply wonderful. Sat images for google and yahoo maps.

Last edited:

sambartle

Dec 17, 2006
Sheffield
www.sambartle.co.uk
Does this replace the MIDP manager suplied by default on the phone? Can I use both once this is installed?

(I'm using an Orange branded M3100 with the Intent Midlet Manager, v10.1.7.559 if that matters. I guess thats the same on all hermes devices.)

Thanks,
Sam

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Hi

Interesting good info.

Couple of ever so picky things shogunmark, a couple of the links need attention the www.google.com/gmm). one needs the ). removed from the end and the (http://wap.mgmaps.com/): one needs the ): removed.
My obsessive compulsive personality disorder forced me to point these out.:D

Cheers
Mike
i should have proof read that stuff if i was gonna copy/paste so i will take the blame for not proof reading it!

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Does this replace the MIDP manager suplied by default on the phone? Can I use both once this is installed?

(I'm using an Orange branded M3100 with the Intent Midlet Manager, v10.1.7.559 if that matters. I guess thats the same on all hermes devices.)

Thanks,
Sam
this does replace the current midlet on your phone

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Shogun are you working on a new rom for the Hermes? Your rom for Wizard was the best one.
and no not yet, i am still a little busy with life, my wife is due to pop out #4 any day now, plus with all the bootloader security stuff going on i dont feel comfortable on making a rom quite yet.. we will see what the future holds

duman95

Feb 16, 2006
Philadelphia, PA
Congrats on number 4 Shogun!

I hate to high jack a thread but...

Is there a launch command to put at the end of the .exe file to lauch to start the midlet manager and launch a midlet.

Found my answer and here it is incase anyone else wants to launch midlets from a shortcut. Works for me on iLauncher.

jmm.exe -r"suite","vendor","name" runs Opera Mini and Google Maps for me.
If I try to put the whole line in quotes "name,vendor,name" - it doesn't launch the midlet - only JMM.exe.
You can run any midlet that you have installed. You can find the parameters such as a midlet name and the exact vendor name in Application Data\Tao\intent\app\jam\midlets\midlets.db. I just repeat the midlet name instead of the suite.

Last edited:

nickshertzer

Dec 13, 2006
www.nickshertzer.com
Just installed 11.1.7.1023 on my 8525. I first got a system message "access denied"... Oh yeah... I guess I should close MIDlet first ;)

2nd try (once I had a cup of coffee and turned on my brain) install went A-OK. Opera Mini gave me an error and would not connect to anything. I uninstalled the midlet and re-installed and now everything is working. GMaps is faster than map4pda. Softkey functions work as advertised. Thanks for this update!

richcbaker

Sep 8, 2006
Install failed

I tried installing it on my MDA Vario II and received the following error
"Installation was unsucessful. The program or setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions." Any suggestions?
Thanks
Richard

ZzFDKzZ

Mar 22, 2006
and no not yet, i am still a little busy with life, my wife is due to pop out #4 any day now, plus with all the bootloader security stuff going on i dont feel comfortable on making a rom quite yet.. we will see what the future holds
Congrats on the 4th kid!

Also I try the right click save target and still won't work. It just downloads a 1kb file.

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
Congrats on the 4th kid!

Also I try the right click save target and still won't work. It just downloads a 1kb file.
dont know if congrats are in order.. i will be a 26yr old with 4 girls under the age of 6 in house plus my wife... :eek: i will take sympathies though :D anyway, i just emailed it to you!

taguapire

Nov 27, 2006
Hi,

I don't know if some body knows about it, but soft keys function is replaced by the following keys in the stock version of JAVA VM from TyTN.

Left Soft Key = Q
Right Soft Key = P

I did a search but I didn't find any related to this, then I'm posting this info.

Regards,

Taguapire.

taguapire

Nov 27, 2006
Hi,

I don't know if some body knows about it, but soft keys function is replaced by the following keys in the stock version of JAVA VM from TyTN.

Left Soft Key = Q
Right Soft Key = P

I did a search but I didn't find any related to this, then I'm posting this info.

Regards,

Taguapire.
Edit/Delete Message
BTW: I don't know if it works in every app, but is working in Opera Mini 3.

Regards,

Taguapire.

taguapire

Nov 27, 2006
My experience,

I just installed it JVM, Google Mail worked fine, in previous version it just do not retrieve the mails, this new can get them but... When I pop the menu it returns an error.

Gmail stuff is still a buggy app for this JVM.

About the rest, I mean, Soft keys... all is OK.

Regards,

Taguapire.

shogunmark

Retired Senior Moderator
May 10, 2006
i havent had any major issues with the gmail app, i did run into one buggy issue but havent had it since.. but i wont call it a solid app yet, everything else has worked great for me, soft keys, etc