• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Updated: Nov 14] M2D App Launcher (Added New Features: See Video Presentation)

Search This thread

El Massman

May 22, 2008
got the same file not found error here. looks awesome though. good work. would it be possible to do the same with the settings menu?

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Hi

I've got the same problem.
Looking into the Exception, I noticed it's actually a "FileNotFound" Exception...
I've got .NET CF 3.5 up and running on my device (HTC Prophet G4).

Is there any additional file to install beside the cab ?

Thanks in advance for your help

Cheers

No additional files to be installed aside form the cab which contains a single file: folderview.exe.

However, I didn't include in the code to check if all graphics to be used are present in your \Windows folder, as I tested this on the default M2D skin and the Diamond skin. What M2D theme are you using?

I'll include file checking in the next update. Thanks for the feedback.

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
got the same file not found error here. looks awesome though. good work. would it be possible to do the same with the settings menu?

What M2D theme are you using? If there was a File Not Found exeption (which I didn't handle as I hope to use this on default M2D theme, or custom skins using thesame graphic files name locatedon the\Windows directory.)

I'll include File Checking on the next update, though...

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Is there any possibility to make an other build work with 'ThrottleLauncher 0.9.5' or with 'TouchLaunch 0.0.4.7'?

there was a request to make this as a stand-alone app which doesn't depend on M2D. I'll try to find time to do that and use a default skin and you can just customize it with your own graphics.

toniolol

Jul 30, 2007
Hi, to make it stand alone you have just to exact the cab and rename it ! (and have M2D....)
Works perfect on my P3600.
Just some words :
#1 it takes "big" time to refresh each tab but I think it's cause my ROM is not very quick in Windows directory...
#2 the big icons when you slide is pixelised but I don't know how you can fix it cause you don't have the image in big size, maybe with a configurator allowing to use own images
#3 slide is not very quick as M2D but you explain why !

You're application is amazing !!!! I love it !

Ps : if you plan to "customize" it, maybe it would be cool to choose the place instead of an alphabetical place or to choose to top the most using app.

(Sorry for my english....)

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Can this app be skinned as i love the app but it don't match my theme ???

it uses your current M2D theme graphics. I mentioned it on the "Features" in post#1. If you change your M2D theme, it correspondingly change to the new theme (after re-launch).So, using that concept, there's no need for skinning of this application.It works hand-in-hand with M2D.

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Hi, to make it stand alone you have just to exact the cab and rename it ! (and have M2D....)
Works perfect on my P3600.
Just some words :
#1 it takes "big" time to refresh each tab but I think it's cause my ROM is not very quick in Windows directory...

You're application is amazing !!!! I love it !

Ps : if you plan to "customize" it, maybe it would be cool to choose the place instead of an alphabetical place or to choose to top the most using app.

(Sorry for my english....)

Thanks. Re time to load icons, on my system (Hermes with cooked WM6.1 rom), it takes just a fraction of a second. And initial launch takes a couple of seconds (courtesy of netcf).

Oh, by the way, my M2D is cooked into the rom, that's probable why reading files in \Windows folder is fast.

I opted not to "remember" most used applications as I prefer alphabetical listing. But I may consider that as an option in the future.

Syd159

Feb 11, 2008
Thanks for this Greatbal. Installed it this afternoon and loved it right away. :)

oltp

Oct 12, 2005
Nexus 7
Huawei Mediapad M3
I'm almost speechless, this gives such a nicely M2D integrated feeling. Besides the already mentioned slow scrolling, probably due to my poor Hermes capabilities, I notice that the upscaled icons are a bit rough. But I understand that's part of the game with the reuse of the default icon dll which has other very positive effects.

So I'm very pleased with you initial release.

Keep up this good work, M

mikegadd

Dec 27, 2005
Goto the all programs on the program tab hit all programs and you will see it come to life

secoseco

Mar 26, 2006
WWE
Hi

I get error when trying All Programs

An unexpected error has occurred in folderview.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

folderview.exe
Exception

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr(PAL_ERROR ar)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap._InitFromMemoryStream(MemoryStream mstream)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at folderview.Form1..ctor()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(RuntimeConstructorInfo rtci, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at folderview.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](Form1 Instance)
at folderview.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()
at folderview.Form1.Main()

tested in Cruise M-Amin Final rom NETCF 3.5

thx