• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Updated: Nov 14] M2D App Launcher (Added New Features: See Video Presentation)

Search This thread

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
okay i LOVE this launcher.
but one thing. it is REALLY laggy on my phone.
just tapping onto a different tab is laggy.

I Noticed you have an HTC HErald (200MHz cpu). if you don't have Manila2D cooked-in to the rom, this may be laggy indeed. Try to use the built-in file explorer or Resco Explorer and go to your \Windows folder. If it takes you more than 10 seconds to access it using file explorer, then you may not be able to use this application properly as it accesses files from your \Windows directory.

Last edited:

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Hi

I get error when trying All Programs

An unexpected error has occurred in folderview.exe.
Select Quit and then restart this program, or select Details for more information.

folderview.exe
Exception

at Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr(PAL_ERROR ar)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap._InitFromMemoryStream(MemoryStream mstream)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(String filename)
at folderview.Form1..ctor()
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.InternalInvoke(RuntimeConstructorInfo rtci, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean isBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at System.Reflection.ConstructorInfo.Invoke(Object[] parameters)
at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
at folderview.My.MyProject.MyForms.Create__Instance__[T](Form1 Instance)
at folderview.My.MyProject.MyForms.get_Form1()
at folderview.Form1.Main()

tested in Cruise M-Amin Final rom NETCF 3.5

thx

Try to use the Deault Blue M2D Theme if this also causes the same unhandled exception. I'm rewriting the app to include file checking if all needed files are in the \Windows Folder. At the moment, this would not work if your graphics files are not in the root of \Windows folder.

kidnamedAlbert

Retired Moderator
Dec 30, 2007
Photoshop CS3
I Noticed you have an HTC HErald (200MHz cpu). if you don't have Manila2D cooked-in to the rom, this may be laggy indeed. Try to use the built-in file explorer or Resco Explorer and go to your \Windows folder. If it takes you more than 10 seconds to access it using file explorer, then you may not be able to use this application properly as it accesses files from your \Windows directory.
oh i see.
nah its cooked in.
but like you said.
its only 200mhz.
SLOW ASS phone.
windows folder takes up to 30 seconds to load.
to start up my phone it takes like 5 minutes.

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
oh i see.
nah its cooked in.
but like you said.
its only 200mhz.
SLOW ASS phone.
windows folder takes up to 30 seconds to load.
to start up my phone it takes like 5 minutes.

Whooa! that slow, huh? Maybe you should try other roms. Taking 30 seconds for \Windows folder to load and 5 minutes to boot is a pain. In my system, Hermes with M2D cooked into the rom, \Windows folder takes around 2 seconds to load and boot-up time takes a little over a minute.

c_shekhar

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 7, 2005
@Greatbal
Avery nice looking application and very small size.
One suggetion:--
Make it skinnable so that the folder icons can be skinnable.The reason for my saying so is, that the folder icons this prog is using, are the enlarged form of the 16x16 icons inside the resources dll of the microsoft. So they dont look so good when enlarged(Expanded).

...c_shekhar

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
Try to use the Deault Blue M2D Theme if this also causes the same unhandled exception. I'm rewriting the app to include file checking if all needed files are in the \Windows Folder. At the moment, this would not work if your graphics files are not in the root of \Windows folder.

That explains why we get the missing files. I'll bet that everyone getting the missing files error is trying to install with 19 and not 20. 19 has most of its graphics in \windows\manilagfx and not in \windows.

Greatbal, could you give us a list of exactly which graphics we need to have in \windows? If its not too many, I'll copy them over to \windows. Alternatively, maybe you could look for them in \windows, and if they are not there, search again in the manilagfx subdirectory. or maybe even have a setting for where to search for the graphics.

ebautista

Mar 31, 2008
Malabon
to Motisu

That explains why we get the missing files. I'll bet that everyone getting the missing files error is trying to install with 19 and not 20. 19 has most of its graphics in \windows\manilagfx and not in \windows.

Greatbal, could you give us a list of exactly which graphics we need to have in \windows? If its not too many, I'll copy them over to \windows. Alternatively, maybe you could look for them in \windows, and if they are not there, search again in the manilagfx subdirectory. or maybe even have a setting for where to search for the graphics.

I agree with your suggestion.
:cool:

shahdave

May 3, 2008
Mumbai
Nothing happens on Artemis

Hi, first of all thanks for the good work. I am using FlyRom 5.0 and installed NetCf 2.0 after than installed greatbal cab successfully, it asked me to restart which I did but I do not see any change, all I see under remove programs that it shows, but nowhere else. Can you please help?

Fontanini

Feb 13, 2008
Dordrecht
Please clarify, "nothing happened".

1) Did the cab install successfully?
2) Did you go to your Manila2D's Programs tab and pressed the left-softkey "All Programs"?

sorry for my stupidness, i was looking @ the wrong place.
It indeed looks great!
But as everyone else, it's not really fast :(
I guess this will be changed in further releases:)

eric2k

Aug 4, 2008
Vancouver
NOTE #1: I implemented a finger scroll algorithm. So, if you are running FTouchflo or FTouchSL, please include folderview.exe in the exemptions list.

Explain that a bit more?

Also, yeah like others mentioned the scroll will need work it does not feel right yet. Other then that this app is amazing. THANK YOU :)

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006

Ok. Here are the graphics files needed by this app, which should be in \Windows folder:

1) "\Windows\hh_fw_tabbtn.png"
2) "\Windows\hh_fw_tabbtn_mask.png"
3) "\Windows\hh_fw_background.png"
4) "\Windows\hh_fw_background.png"
5) "\Windows\hh_fw_title.png"
6) "\Windows\hh_fw_tab_bg_fill.png"
7) "\Windows\HH_SETTINGS_FOCUSEDBAR.bmp"
8) "\Windows\HH_SETTINGS_SEPARATOR.bmp"
9) "\Windows\HH_SETTINGS_SEPARATOR_MASK.bmp"

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
NOTE #1: I implemented a finger scroll algorithm. So, if you are running FTouchflo or FTouchSL, please include folderview.exe in the exemptions list.

Explain that a bit more?

Also, yeah like others mentioned the scroll will need work it does not feel right yet. Other then that this app is amazing. THANK YOU :)

Example: (I'm using FTouchSL)

1) Run FTouchSL Settings (in Programs directory)
2) On the treeview list, navigate to "Exceptions"
3) Click on "Add program name..." button
4) On the running applications list, look for folderview.exe (if it's running)
or
5) Type folderview.exe in the textbox at the top with label "Program name:"
6) Click left softkey "Add"
7) Click "Done"

I'm not sure about the Settings/Config page of FTouchFlo, but I guessk it's pretty much similar. Both were written by efrost.

secoseco

Mar 26, 2006
WWE

Hi greatbal

all ready I test it with original Blue M2D and all files in \Windows Folder and get the same error

thx

bazzix

Nov 6, 2007
Great work, i didn't test it yet but it looks promising.
why put all those graphics in \windows? that directory is already full of this kind of crap. This way the people who have issues with loading \windows in their file explorer will also be able to use this app.