• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[Updated: Nov 14] M2D App Launcher (Added New Features: See Video Presentation)

Search This thread

motisu

Apr 2, 2006
400+ downloads for build 11142008 and there are only 3 comments. tsk... :(

Either it's totally useless, or totally working as planned. (I don't want to guess...)

I'm almost done with the option to re-arrange folders according to user preferred order. Feedbacks on build 11142008 would be highly appreciated (especially bugs) so I can fix before releasing the next update.

What to expect in the future updates:

1) re-arrange folder's order (next update)
2) stand-alone application but with option to use M2D graphics (if installed on the device) - soon
3) customized folder graphics - soon
4) customized skin - soon

Feedbacks please. Thanks! :)

Whats there to comment on? Everything works exactly right!!:) I have yet to come across a bug. BTW, even though it takes almost 1/2 a minute to open \windows on my BA, once I open the launcher, as long as I don't close it, it works very well, not at all slow.

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006
Whats there to comment on? Everything works exactly right!!:) I have yet to come across a bug. BTW, even though it takes almost 1/2 a minute to open \windows on my BA, once I open the launcher, as long as I don't close it, it works very well, not at all slow.

There's one small bug... with the About screen. hehe :p

Good to hear it's working on your BA. I assume you're running WM6.1? I'm just surpised initial load takes your device around 30 seconds. On my device (Hermes), it loads in only in a couple of seconds.

tomygunner

Mar 21, 2008
Berlin
Hello, you wrote in your first post that this images are needed in Windows root folder:

1) "hh_fw_tabbtn.png"
2) "hh_fw_tabbtn_mask.png"
3) "hh_fw_background.png"
4) "hh_fw_background.png"
5) "hh_fw_title.png"
6) "hh_fw_tab_bg_fill.png"
7) "HH_SETTINGS_FOCUSEDBAR.bmp"
8) "HH_SETTINGS_SEPARATOR.bmp"
9) "HH_SETTINGS_SEPARATOR_MASK.bmp"

Where can i get them??

thanks

Dr4g0n75

Mar 6, 2008
Raleigh
Hello, you wrote in your first post that this images are needed in Windows root folder:

1) "hh_fw_tabbtn.png"
5) "hh_fw_title.png"

Where can i get them??

thanks

you have m2d installed right?
if so they should be in your windows folder... if for some reason they are in the windows/manillagfx folder make copies and put them in /windows

greatbal

Mar 18, 2006

1) "hh_fw_tabbtn.png"
5) "hh_fw_title.png"

Where can i get them??

thanks

you could find several of those in the M2D Themes/Skins thread. Most downloads are in zip format, so you just have to unzip them in your hard drive and copy the required files in your \Windows directory.

Dr4g0n75

Mar 6, 2008
Raleigh
greatbal... great app... love the way it uses existing graphic files so it blends in perfectly to m2d

could you perhaps implement this in your comm manager too? this way all your awesome apps always match my themes... thanks for your great work...

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
So is this a full fledged file explorer? or just an app launcher?

Because from the screenshots, it looks liek it can browse directories too...

bbonzz

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 11, 2008
NOTE: Hence, this would only work if you have M2D running on your device!

Works also in my Blackstone with TF3D, simply installing your cab and adding the attached files (roughly modified to fit WVGA, only to test) to \windows dir.

BUT, it looks a bit ugly, since the vertical space between programs shown is 41 pixels, while i'll need at least 71 (that is the height in TF3D launcher) or better 82. And if i modify the HH_SETTINGS_FOCUSEDBAR.bmp to 71 px height (or even 42px), i have an error message:

Code:
folderview.exe
Exception

in Microsoft.AGL.Common.MISC.HandleAr()
in System.Drawing.Bitmap._InitFromMemoryStream()
in System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor()
in M2D_AppLauncher.Form1.LoadBitmaps()
in M2D_AppLauncher.Form1_Load()
in System.Windows.Forms.Form._SetVisibleNotify()
in System.Windows.Forms.Control.set_visible()
in System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run()
in M2D_AppLauncher.Form1.main()

So, since i'd really like to use this launcher in my HD (I have spent nearly a month testing all the possible launchers before seeing your, that was exactely wat i was looking for), would be possible for you to tune the code to double the row height from 41 to 82 px, making it fit WVGA (and TF3D)?

of course, if you do, i'll skin it the right way

TIA

Last edited:

juanmre

Feb 11, 2008
Mexico City
So far, so good.

Hi Greatbal,
Thanks for this application. Actually I first met it when installing a new ROM with your launcher embedded; unfortunately I did not like very much that ROM but I missed this Launcher. Now I finally found it and installed it.

If it is useful for you, I'm using HTC Touch Cruise (Polaris) with [WWE] 3LIT3 Suite [Full] (Blackstone Build 20764.1.4.3) and it is working fine...

Best regards,
JM

JukEboXAuDiO

Apr 9, 2008
is there a way to use this in throttlelauncher and not M2D? Can I direct throttle to a specific exe?

Last edited:

JukEboXAuDiO

Apr 9, 2008
Ok given up on Throttle Launcher. Is it possible to put this program on the programs tab instead of the grid of shortcuts?

z3ntn3l

Oct 3, 2008
Hi! This App is exactly what i was searching for and its great! Thank you very much!

But i have 2 questions:

1. Is it possible to start the app directly? Is there any exe? Because i want to link this app with M2DC on a Softbutton.

2. Is it possible to improve the scrolling? Other Applications scrolls way "smoother" than this. OK, its not that bad but maybe its possible to improve?

chris.dale

Dec 8, 2007
Uninstallation

How do I uninstall this program? It is not listed in installed program. I would like to try Touch Launch, but it won't work if M2D App Launcher is on. Can you help me? Even if I had to uninstall in manually (by deleling files and registry)

LeAdReW

Jun 27, 2008
unable to launch, it is writing- unable to locate tab button image files

but i have just installed manila and havent changed anything,whats wrong?

poisonspider

May 23, 2007
I like to install on my Touch or Touch Dual.. does it work on this 2 devices? And what I have to install first?

On both devices are Spb MS 2.1 and till now MS2.1 Diamond Theme Version 1.1. Can I use the M2D App Launcher with this?

Thanks!