[Updated: Nov 14] M2D App Launcher (Added New Features: See Video Presentation)

Search This thread

Ed Zakhary

Feb 5, 2009
GREAT APP

Hey Greatbal,
This is a fantastic app. Is there any way to make something like this for contacts? (Considering the paltry amount of speed-dial contacts M2D gives you...)

Hello guys. Is it possible to have VGA version of this launcher? Or can I modify the dimensions somehow?
On VGA it looks so...

Attachments

• Screen001.png
    Screen001.png
    77.8 KB · Views: 127

oruam57

Aug 27, 2005
Hello guys. Is it possible to have VGA version of this launcher? Or can I modify the dimensions somehow?
On VGA it looks so...

Yes please, please, please... I'd like to replace the diamond2 "allprograms" that really stinks (no folder at all, only a single list for all programs!).

alexirsi

Mar 3, 2009
A stand-alone-version that works without M2D installed would be great. :)
Or at least a pack of the needed files (from post #1)

Great work indeed!

EDIT: I made and attached a package with the mania-graphics, just unzip it to \Windows

Attachments

• m2d-gfx_for_app-launcher.zip
    71.3 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:

Jan 29, 2009
A stand-alone-version that works without M2D installed would be great. :)
Or at least a pack of the needed files (from post #1)

Great work indeed!

EDIT: I made and attached a package with the mania-graphics, just unzip it to \Windows

is there a way that you can also add this feature to were you can view the file on your SD Card the same way you have done the the main file preview

MCXSC

Oct 28, 2007
Germany
Nice app.

But two things: It is quite slow... And a configtool, f.e. to show icons only (in style of the favorite programs tab of m2d) is nice. ;)

polemos

Jan 20, 2008
Athens
The sliding goes slow in Omnia.

That's because of the bitmap mask on the tab bar. Without the mask, scrolling would have been a lot lot faster. I'm using .netcf and I can't find a good class to handle bitmap masks. so i implemented it using lockbits and manipulated the pixels one-by-one. Not an elegant way of doing it, but it works well.

That is a great piece of software indeed. Congrats.

The sliding goes slow in my Omnia, strange since I believe it has a decent CPU. When I go to \windows\ it takes around almost a sec for the files to appear.

Even though I understand that making manipulations with pixels, one-by-one style, is a LOT of work, wouldn't be nicer if there was an option to disable the bitmap mask on the tab bar?

Just a thought. Congratulations again for your good work.

-(You will be the first person to receive a donation from me, I just signed with paypal, not much though :eek: ).-

Lewy1

May 31, 2009
Thanks for this amazing app!
I have a sprint touch with NFSFAN's v15 rom, after installing your program it still doesn't work when I tap on the all programs key, but it will work when I tap on folderview.exe in the windows directory. I'm not sure but it might have to do with the fact that in this rom the all programs key is linked to a scrolling list of all the programs, not like the native m2d which will bring you to the regular windows programs screen. Please help.

Lewy1

May 31, 2009
Launcher on your home tab!

I didn't solve my problem yet, but I did come up with a simple idea that I believe many people will find useful. With the following you will be able to run the Launcher from the home tab of Manilla 2D. You can install M2D customizer by mpenguin14 original thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=427392 and costomize one of the softkeys on your home tab to launch the M2D Launcher by navigating to the windows directory and selecting folderview.exe. Of course you can name it what ever you want and that will show up as the softkey on your home tab.

Livven

Aug 23, 2009
Wiesbaden
livven.me
This is great, only the sliding is a bit sluggish on the old Hermes :p. And, are you planning to continue developing this? It'd be appreciated, for sure :).

Anyway, I made a standalone version with the needed graphics and latest build.

sponge_worthy

May 11, 2007
I know this is an old thread/program, but I was playing around with my old Wizard and found this wonderful program. I've been having RAM problems with my Tilt2 and would like to disable the windows start menu and use a replacement to save upwards of 10MB of RAM. I haven't done this yet because I haven't found a good solution yet ... until now. I think it would be worth donations to several people including me if this could get working on (W)VGA devices especially where RAM is a problem. Any chance of resurrecting this great app?