• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

(UPDATED) Patched boot for Oneplus 6/t oos11 open beta 2, 3 and Stable latest

Search This thread

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Sorry to have sorta hijacked the thread, I was getting a QualComm Crash Dump, managed to boot the phone y'day evening somehow, but am NOT rooted currently. Will give it a fresh go later today or over the weekend.

PS: Yes I did install the zip from within TWRP (the full 11.1.1.1)
Yea I got it to 11.1.1 after a few crashdump fails having to start over with MSM, but im at 11.1.1.1 now and now it wont even fastboot boot twrp.img oof! PBO3 is not booting either. AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! :mad:
I even tried to flash LOS 18.1 from OOS 10.3 and that fastboot looped the phone, RRreeeeEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!! ;_;

Are these problems only native to OP6T International converts? So much trouble.

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Yes. I have Tmobile international converted 6t and, I used the PB03 to install the latest TWRP installer, Magisk and, Android 11. Once you fastboot the PB03 file it will give you a temporary twrp that will allow you to to flash everything you need.
I got to 11.1.1.1, when I fastboot boot PB03 it doesnt bring TWRP, what do now... It seems this PB03 TWRP boot was for the OOS 11 beta and not this 11.1.1.1. What do now..

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
I wrote detailed instructions for an earlier version of OOS11 but I would expect u to not be concerned at all LOL *scorpion sting*. Do a little digging or more stinging. I was even thanked for my post by a recognized member.
Yea I already read ur instructions, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-to-qualcomm-crashdump.4318535/#post-85472411 right? When I just said "It seems this PB03 TWRP boot was for the OOS 11 beta" I was actually refering to your "instructions" as they were posted in August and was concerned this method is not for 11.1.1.11.1... So are you implying I should downgrade to this earlier version of OOS 11?

bpambrose

Nov 26, 2011
NH
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Simply go back to OS 10.3.5 using the MSM Download Tool. Upgrade via OTA to 11..1.1.1, fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_11.1.1.1 from XDA 235Sanders15 post. (you are now rooted with Magisk. Via Magisk install TWRP-Installer-3.5.2_9-0 you are now unrooted but have TWRP installed. Using TWRP flash Magisk v23.0.You are now rooted on OS 11.1.1.1 with TWRP installed. Do not change the Kernel it will cause a Bootloop.

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
All over like street lights
Yea I already read ur instructions, https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...-to-qualcomm-crashdump.4318535/#post-85472411 right? When I just said "It seems this PB03 TWRP boot was for the OOS 11 beta" I was actually refering to your "instructions" as they were posted in August and was concerned this method is not for 11.1.1.11.1... So are you implying I should downgrade to this earlier version of OOS 11?
I'm on latest oxygen OS and, if I were to brick today or tomorrow, the PB03 would be my first go to. The msm tool is plan B.

bpambrose

Nov 26, 2011
NH
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Sorry for any misinformation but I'm only running stable OS versions now, I stopped running Beta versions. Beta version are great and in most cases very reliable but I used them when I couldn't get TWRP and Root on stable OS versions. I should probably move on from the Beta version forum, it served me well. Happy I now I have TWRP and Root on OS 11.1.11.1 my initial goal. (Luckily I had the MSM Download Tool to get me through.)

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
I got latest OOS too, so PBO3 is not working for me when it should? I fastboot boot PB03.img and just get phone restart.
Sounds like a error on your end. Does the windows pc see your phone when you are in fastboot mode? Do you have the PB03 file in the adb tool folder when applying? Are you entering the correct fastboot command. There could be many reasons it's not working for you but, I can guarantee that the file does work on this device when used correctly. Also didn't you recently ask me in another post about the twrp that was in the PB03? How did you get the twrp before?

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Sounds like a error on your end. Does the windows pc see your phone when you are in fastboot mode? Do you have the PB03 file in the adb tool folder when applying? Are you entering the correct fastboot command. There could be many reasons it's not working for you but, I can guarantee that the file does work on this device when used correctly. Also didn't you recently ask me in another post about the twrp that was in the PB03? How did you get the twrp before?
I use linux, "fastboot devices" does recognize/ show number for my device, I use "Fastboot boot x.img".. In my Linux system adb and fastboot execute system wide and I just go to the folder where the .img is, yes I have gotten TWRP to work on the OOS 10 versions using this same method "fastboot boot (twrp).img", PB03.img is in the same folder with the other TWRP.img files that I successfully flashed this way, so based on this I would not assume it is because of the folder location.

Wondering if I am wasting my time now because seems TWRP cant even flash the most common custom rom LOS18.1 on OSS10, and Lineage Recovery seems required... Though I think flashing from latest OOS11 would provide better firmware for camera etc right? Wtf is wrong with Fajita... Or did MSM conversion fk up my device?

scorpio76r

Jan 10, 2016
I use linux, "fastboot devices" does recognize/ show number for my device, I use "Fastboot boot x.img".. In my Linux system adb and fastboot execute system wide and I just go to the folder where the .img is, yes I have gotten TWRP to work on the OOS 10 versions using this same method "fastboot boot (twrp).img", PB03.img is in the same folder with the other TWRP.img files that I successfully flashed this way, so based on this I would not assume it is because of the folder location.

Wondering if I am wasting my time now because seems TWRP cant even flash the most common custom rom LOS18.1 on OSS10, and Lineage Recovery seems required... Though I think flashing from latest OOS11 would provide better firmware for camera etc right? Wtf is wrong with Fajita... Or did MSM conversion fk up my device?
I can't really answer pertaining to Linux because I use windows 10. As far as the fajita twrp goes I can confirm that the official twrp does flash Oxygen. I can't speak for any other roms because I have only used Oxygen which I run with nolimits xXx. Maybe some one else can chime in that can help you out a little better. This will also be my last week possibly with this device. I ordered a couple oneplus 8's the other day so I'm just waiting for them to arrive soon. I almost want to give you my 6t. It's solid and truly developed.

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
I can't really answer pertaining to Linux because I use windows 10. As far as the fajita twrp goes I can confirm that the official twrp does flash Oxygen. I can't speak for any other roms because I have only used Oxygen which I run with nolimits xXx. Maybe some one else can chime in that can help you out a little better. This will also be my last week possibly with this device. I ordered a couple oneplus 8's the other day so I'm just waiting for them to arrive soon. I almost want to give you my 6t. It's solid and truly developed.
Oh why thank you :LOL:, hey I just realized the lineagerecovery.img I just mentioned is the same file size as PB03.img and stable.img 65,536KB where the latest fajita TWRP.img is 32,508KB, this custom patch was based on LOSRecovery.img? (or maybe there are default file size requirements for recoveries idk.

gdragonnl16

Oct 18, 2021
May I ask which img file to use for the Oneplus 6 8GB Ram? Sorry if this is already being asked!
  • Stable.img
  • StableOP6.img

gdragonnl16

Oct 18, 2021
I still have my OP6 running twrp-3.4.0-0-enchilada-Q-mauronofrio on OSS 11.1.1.1.

But my OP6t runs Stable.img. Are you cming from Oxygen 11?

Okay thanks for your anwser, I dont know what software is on my phone because I just bought it and it comes today with PostNL. When I got it I will check, already downloaded both img files.

If your OP6t runs the Stable.img then I guess that for the OnePlus 6 I need the StableOP6.img?

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
Okay thanks for your anwser, I dont know what software is on my phone because I just bought it and it comes today with PostNL. When I got it I will check, already downloaded both img files.

If your OP6t runs the Stable.img then I guess that for the OnePlus 6 I need the StableOP6.img?
The reason I am on old android 10 twrp because I run twrp A/B retention script on my OP6 to retain Magisk root and TWRP after each android update. So if your OP6 comes with Android 10 I would just flash before mentioned Q mauronofrio twrp recovery and magisk then use twrp A/B retention script module after Android 11 update but before you reboot the phone to finish the update.

I did not test StableOP6.img on my OP6 but definitely dont use Stable.img on your OP6.

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
I got 11.1.1.1.1 but stable.img and PBO3.img not booting TWRP, can anyone help please?

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6
I got 11.1.1.1.1 but stable.img and PBO3.img not booting TWRP, can anyone help please?
There is a stock rooted patched boot for 11.1.1.1 for OP6T in this section but if you want PBR recovery the only way I know it works to get to 11.1.1.1 and have PBR is to use MSMdownloadtool to get to Oxygen 11 and then flash Stable.img so you can boot to Oxygen 11. Then then use twrp A/B retention script module after Android 11.1.1.1 update but before you reboot the phone to finish the update.
OR you can try this img but remeber to flash both boot slots. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...recovery-project-v3-1-0.4198277/post-85713789

iggyx2

Jul 29, 2012
OnePlus 5
OnePlus 6

by the way StableOP6.img or Stable.img doesn't work in 11.1.1.1 if you update from Oxygen 11 unless you run twrp A/B retention script module after Android 11.1.1.1 update but before you reboot the phone to finish the update.

OP6 only link to patched stock and rooted 11.1.1.1 boot img remeber to flash both boot slots. https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...beta-1-for-oneplus-6-6t.4304161/post-85731893

Last edited:

djkrish5610

Nov 18, 2011
Mumbai
As of now flashed the stock boot.img (11.1.1) with magisk patched & its working normal but no TWRP

As soon i flash PBRP its stuck on Boot loop

Any suggestions

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this patched boot included:
    Magisk latest
    PBRP latest recovery
    PB= Only PBRP Recovery
    PBwithmagisk= Magisk with PBRP Recovery
    Updated: Stable included with magisk and custom recovery

Im currently using this patched boot and its working fine without any bugs and this patched boot also came from my oneplus 6t. For Oneplus 6 I have only for stable oos11 with magisk patched only
    Yea a proper guide from msmtool and getting to 11.1.1.1 with twrp to flash other roms would be good.

Also this is my second time asking this, why it says magistk is inside this patche twrp img, is there a button to flash magisk in there or something like that??? Also will normal Magistk flashing on 11.1.1.1 or other android 11 roms brick the device? Stop being so vague devs pls.
    The developers and, other members of very precise. The issue is that you are most likely not reading past threads that can help you out. Start reading threads from android 9 till now being as though you are coming from android 9. Calling developers out on being vague is both not true and, in my opinion rude. These are regular people like you and, I who take time out of their busy lives to contribute to this community. We all should be grateful for their time and, effort that they put in.
    Can someone please explain what PBOb3 is for? For international converted??
    Also what does patched with magisk mean? Means it will automatically install magisk or has it saved in the directory somewhere? So vague...
    Yes. I have Tmobile international converted 6t and, I used the PB03 to install the latest TWRP installer, Magisk and, Android 11. Once you fastboot the PB03 file it will give you a temporary twrp that will allow you to to flash everything you need.
    I'm on stable 11.0.
    I'd like to root and install twrp on it
    Unfortunately but as you can see on this thread tht I only have patched boot for open beta 2 and 3, and i probably wont going to patch a new stable rom tht recently out.. i will give new update if more stable version out
    Sorry for the stupid question, does that enable me to go to TWRP Recovery and then I should install Android 11 zip there? (from the Full OTA at this page for 6T?)
    Correct. I wrote what I did exactly in this thread. Go back some posts and, you will see it.