(UPDATED) Patched boot for Oneplus 6/t oos11 open beta 2, 3 and Stable latest

Search This thread

pikotash77

Aug 11, 2016
No puedo instalar twrp. Flash PBOB3.img, inicia el teléfono pero al entrar en magsik no sale nada estoy en beta 3

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Can someone please explain what PBOb3 is for? For international converted??
Also what does patched with magisk mean? Means it will automatically install magisk or has it saved in the directory somewhere? So vague...

Also what does patched with magisk mean? Means it will automatically install magisk or has it saved in the directory somewhere? So vague...
Yes. I have Tmobile international converted 6t and, I used the PB03 to install the latest TWRP installer, Magisk and, Android 11. Once you fastboot the PB03 file it will give you a temporary twrp that will allow you to to flash everything you need.

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Yes. I have Tmobile international converted 6t and, I used the PB03 to install the latest TWRP installer, Magisk and, Android 11. Once you fastboot the PB03 file it will give you a temporary twrp that will allow you to to flash everything you need.
As I suspected thanks, so should fastboot this at 9.0.17 and flash to 11.1.1.1.1 right? Then can flash latest TWRP there to go where I want from there? Much appreciated Scorpiobro.

As I suspected thanks, so should fastboot this at 9.0.17 and flash to 11.1.1.1.1 right? Then can flash latest TWRP there to go where I want from there? Much appreciated Scorpiobro.
I used this while on Android 10. Im unaware of doing this on Android 9. By theory I don't see why it wouldn't work for you. Try it and, report back.

tacohell

Mar 8, 2012
Can someone outline the steps for getting twrp on the Oneplus 6 (not the 6T) please? I upgraded to the stable OOS 11.1.1.1 and getting crashdump when installing twrp.

Thanks!

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
Yea a proper guide from msmtool and getting to 11.1.1.1 with twrp to flash other roms would be good.

Also this is my second time asking this, why it says magistk is inside this patche twrp img, is there a button to flash magisk in there or something like that??? Also will normal Magistk flashing on 11.1.1.1 or other android 11 roms brick the device? Stop being so vague devs pls.

Yea a proper guide from msmtool and getting to 11.1.1.1 with twrp to flash other roms would be good.

Also this is my second time asking this, why it says magistk is inside this patche twrp img, is there a button to flash magisk in there or something like that??? Also will normal Magistk flashing on 11.1.1.1 or other android 11 roms brick the device? Stop being so vague devs pls.
The developers and, other members of very precise. The issue is that you are most likely not reading past threads that can help you out. Start reading threads from android 9 till now being as though you are coming from android 9. Calling developers out on being vague is both not true and, in my opinion rude. These are regular people like you and, I who take time out of their busy lives to contribute to this community. We all should be grateful for their time and, effort that they put in.

Reactions: ptuner and Huskied

ptuner

Oct 3, 2020
The developers and, other members of very precise. The issue is that you are most likely not reading past threads that can help you out. Start reading threads from android 9 till now being as though you are coming from android 9. Calling developers out on being vague is both not true and, in my opinion rude. These are regular people like you and, I who take time out of their busy lives to contribute to this community. We all should be grateful for their time and, effort that they put in.
And thats why I said developer which is a title of honor, and not said simply "OP". But for your virtuous comment, like a redditor, I will give you an upvote. And your previous help is much appreciated.

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Hi @KizuYuna @scorpio76r

I am getting a QualComm CrashDump and have posted my issue here
Would you be able to suggest what should I do to be able to boot my phone please 🙏

Have tried flashing the boot.img extracted from payload.bin file, and also tried fastboot flash boot_a and boot_b with the Stable.img files posted in the first post of this thread. (Only thing that seems to have changed is the message on QualComm CrashDump - previously after the "Attempted to kill init! exitcode = 0x.......b it used to say complete_and_exit, and now says do_exit)

Any help would be massively appreciated, have spent almost 5-6 hours without much luck so far 🙏🙏

Hi @KizuYuna @scorpio76r

I am getting a QualComm CrashDump and have posted my issue here
Would you be able to suggest what should I do to be able to boot my phone please 🙏

Have tried flashing the boot.img extracted from payload.bin file, and also tried fastboot flash boot_a and boot_b with the Stable.img files posted in the first post of this thread. (Only thing that seems to have changed is the message on QualComm CrashDump - previously after the "Attempted to kill init! exitcode = 0x.......b it used to say complete_and_exit, and now says do_exit)

Any help would be massively appreciated, have spent almost 5-6 hours without much luck so far 🙏🙏
Have you tried fastbooting the PB03 file?

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Update - Not sure what has happened, but I now get the message - This device has entered an unstable state. Please try rebooting your device using the exit button below....

Rebooting doesn't do anything and now adb devices doesn't recognise my phone anymore!

Completely stuck!:eek:

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Update - Not sure what has happened, but I now get the message - This device has entered an unstable state. Please try rebooting your device using the exit button below....

Rebooting doesn't do anything and now adb devices doesn't recognise my phone anymore!

Completely stuck!:eek:
Couple of attempts later and playing totally blind (as it then started showing all non-english characters), it somehow booted into TWRP Recovery.

Installed the latest (Sept version and not the Aug version of Stable OTA zip file from here and lo and behold I was able to finally boot after changing the slot to "b" from "a" in TWRP Recovery.

Phone has finally booted and just praying that I don't encounter any further issues if it shuts down and I have to reboot again.

Any tips on what should I do next to ensure that the root process goes smoothly if and when I try it again in a few days over the weekend perhaps?

sam_htc_touch

Feb 17, 2008
OnePlus 9 Pro
Yo on the 11.1.1.1 OTA page Sam just posted it says "After downloading, place the ZIP file in the root folder of your phone’s internal storage. blah blah blah.. The update wizard should detect the OTA package and perform the flashing operation."

Uhh are you guys doing this where I am planning to install the zip on TWRP? Which is better?
Sorry to have sorta hijacked the thread, I was getting a QualComm Crash Dump, managed to boot the phone y'day evening somehow, but am NOT rooted currently. Will give it a fresh go later today or over the weekend.

PS: Yes I did install the zip from within TWRP (the full 11.1.1.1)

Last edited:

bpambrose

Nov 26, 2011
NH
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Simply go back to OS 10.3.5 using the MSM Download Tool. Upgrade via OTA to 11..1.1.1, fastboot flash boot magisk_patched-23000_11.1.1.1 from XDA 235Sanders15 post. (you are now rooted with Magisk. Via Magisk install TWRP-Installer-3.5.2_9-0 you are now unrooted but have TWRP installed. Using TWRP flash Magisk v23.0.You are now rooted on OS 11.1.1.1 with TWRP installed. Do not change the Kernel it will cause a Bootloop.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In this patched boot included:
    Magisk latest
    PBRP latest recovery
    PB= Only PBRP Recovery
    PBwithmagisk= Magisk with PBRP Recovery
    Updated: Stable included with magisk and custom recovery

Im currently using this patched boot and its working fine without any bugs and this patched boot also came from my oneplus 6t. For Oneplus 6 I have only for stable oos11 with magisk patched only

I'm on stable 11.0.
    I'd like to root and install twrp on it
    Unfortunately but as you can see on this thread tht I only have patched boot for open beta 2 and 3, and i probably wont going to patch a new stable rom tht recently out.. i will give new update if more stable version out
    Sorry for the stupid question, does that enable me to go to TWRP Recovery and then I should install Android 11 zip there? (from the Full OTA at this page for 6T?)
    Correct. I wrote what I did exactly in this thread. Go back some posts and, you will see it.