[UPDATED][RECOVERY][UNOFFICIAL]TWRP 3.6.2 for 2020 Galaxy Tab A7 10.4[SM-T500]

Search This thread

smedlytonker

Feb 13, 2022
I'm able to do it now also ...Not sure what step I was messing up on. But I'm back to using the regular TWRP as there are some bugs in Skyhawk that caused me to move back.

smedlytonker

Feb 13, 2022
  • What bugs? I have Skyhawk installed but haven't used it much.
    • The recovery would crash and restart when I installed zip files intermittently (not great).
    • Lacked the ability to programmatically reboot into the OS which for most people is not important, but I'm writing an automated script to root and load software on hundreds of tablets and part of the configuration has to be done in the OS. One of the commands that does not work 'adb shell twrp reboot' - just cycles back to the recovery image.
    • Seems like their was more but I don't recall now.

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
    • The recovery would crash and restart when I installed zip files intermittently (not great).
    • Lacked the ability to programmatically reboot into the OS which for most people is not important, but I'm writing an automated script to root and load software on hundreds of tablets and part of the configuration has to be done in the OS. One of the commands that does not work 'adb shell twrp reboot' - just cycles back to the recovery image.
    • Seems like their was more but I don't recall now.
You obviously know more about adb shell cmds than I do, but it would seem to me that "twrp reboot", instead of just "reboot", is telling it to reboot into recovery. Just a thought. BTW, thanks for the replay.

Just compiled an updated TWRP 3.6.2

What's new in 3.6.2:​

Android 9 and Android 11 Branches​

• A12 keymaster keyblob structure file update (for no pin encryption) - zhenyolka & Quallenauge
  • Fixes
    • Override bootctrl for flashing images - CaptainThrowback

Android 9 Branch​

• Keymaster 3 dump functions - koron393

Android 11 Branch​

• Mtp ffs handle recreated when usb is unplugged - nijel8
  • Fixes
    • Only compile vendor kernel module loading support when requested - CaptainThrowback
    • Add missing selinux contexts - CaptainThrowback
    • Fix sepolicy comparison on vendor - webgeek1234

//EDIT//
BUGS---
For some reason MTP isnt wanting to work for me using linux... havent tested windows... working on it...

Attachments

• recovery.img
    39.9 MB · Views: 968
Last edited:

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
DISCLAIMER***
Back up before trying and Im not responsible for bricks, etc..

It should work, I've known others in the past to use the SM-T500 TWRPs on SM-T505... it shouldn't matter that its LTE or WIFI due to it only being TWRP, the partitions should be the same, etc...
Unfortunately ithe t505N is organization tan used for education ,,secured by Knox to prevent even uock8ng bootloader

It only install educational apps

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
Have you tried this guide here? https://xdaforums.com/t/guide-sm-t5...4-unlock-bootloader-root-with-magisk.4185993/

As far as I can tell, doesnt matter 500 or 505 the bootloader should be able to be unlocked...

if you cant unlock the bootloader then you cannot install TWRP at all, im sorry...
When bootloader is unlocked in 2ducational A7. , On boot after reset Knox detect that software is modified and you have to lock bootloader again to be able to boot

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
When bootloader is unlocked in 2ducational A7. , On boot after reset Knox detect that software is modified and you have to lock bootloader again to be able to boot
I'm guessing, and it is ONLY a guess, that Samsung sold this model at a big discount with the intent that it only be used "for educational purposes". That said, if you succeeded in unlocking the bootloader, you can try booting to download and flashing a regular STOCK ROM via Odin. If you can get that to boot, then you could proceed with TWRP. If that doesn't work, then you are probably just out of luck.

Reactions: ragarcia87

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
I'm guessing, and it is ONLY a guess, that Samsung sold this model at a big discount with the intent that it only be used "for educational purposes". That said, if you succeeded in unlocking the bootloader, you can try booting to download and flashing a regular STOCK ROM via Odin. If you can get that to boot, then you could proceed with TWRP. If that doesn't work, then you are probably just out of luck.

Here software centers can make it like normal sold A7 by changing educational software like normal software but when you factory reset tab, it return back to educational software
I did changed software in one if software shops and unlocked bootloader,, but after I u locked bootloader ,,tab reset And on reboot asked to connect to wifi Bd detected that software has been modified And didn't continue and I have to lock bootloader again ، then after locking tab reset and asked to connect to wifi and detected that tab is owned by my organization ( educational territory). And then only downloaded educational software and was administrated by educational organization

elswerky

Dec 11, 2015
Realme 2 pro
Also after this

Download mode can't flash orgininal software or recovery (closed download )

lewmur

Apr 30, 2011
I

I am not even talking about t505
Am talking about t505N
Which has its own software other than t505
Even I tried to flash t505 software to it via Odin and failed

So no how to root and have twrp for t505N ??
I don't understand. If T505 firmware doesn't work, how would you expect T500 to? I understand you are just looking for help but you would be better off asking in the general "Questions and Answers" thread than one dedicated to the T500. My guess is that if the T505 firmware didn't work, it wasn't because yours is a T505N but rather that you have the wrong version of the stock firmware installed. Your version of stock has to match the version the T505 TWRP uses. It should say in the OP for the T505.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    W9JMd4u.png

Code:
    /*
    *Disclaimer
    * Your warranty is now void.
    * We're not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
    * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
    * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
    * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
    * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
    */

Introduction

Team Win Recovery Project (TWRP) is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system, functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. It is, therefore, often installed when rooting Android devices, although it isn't dependent on a device being rooted to be installed.

Installation Instructions

If TWRP Already Installed

• Download recovery.img from below
    • Copy recovery.img to device
    • Install > Install Image > recovery.img to Recovery
    • Reboot > Recovery
    • Enjoy

From PC

• Download Odin Flashable Tar from bellow
    • Put tablet into Odin Download Mode
    • Flash Blank vbmeta via Userdata
    • Flash Odin Flashable Tar via AP
    • Enjoy

Working
    • ADB
    • MTP
    • Everything, except decryption of internal data (havent tested)

Bugs
    (My tablet is already decrypted so haven't tested this, please advise)
    • OS-encrypted storage (Internal Data) not able to be decrypted in TWRP.

Downloads

recovery.img

https://mega.nz/file/bkcimDCK#tkv6ATvxx_gEUJJ4OD2WQ1WsRPTINRZCc2hTFPg62aY

Blank vbmeta
    https://mega.nz/file/74dAUBSQ#w_XN49p8TRppiOVEvI_eGXkzf6jgZWXarN4Qi6BFr-4

Odin Flashable Tar
    https://mega.nz/file/C0NgmD6S#lWD70RUXsXs_sv-0E5BOHPoitQc8keyorarW0xtXV-4

Just compiled an updated TWRP 3.6.2

What's new in 3.6.2:​

Android 9 and Android 11 Branches​

• A12 keymaster keyblob structure file update (for no pin encryption) - zhenyolka & Quallenauge
    • Fixes
      • Override bootctrl for flashing images - CaptainThrowback

Android 9 Branch​

• Keymaster 3 dump functions - koron393

Android 11 Branch​

• Mtp ffs handle recreated when usb is unplugged - nijel8
    • Fixes
      • Only compile vendor kernel module loading support when requested - CaptainThrowback
      • Add missing selinux contexts - CaptainThrowback
      • Fix sepolicy comparison on vendor - webgeek1234

//EDIT//
    BUGS---
    For some reason MTP isnt wanting to work for me using linux... havent tested windows... working on it...
    Thanx a lot bro. was looking for it. working fine. is there any custom or modified samsung rom without bloat sothat we can use this recovery for that.
    Glad it's working well for you. And to be honest, I've tried a few GSI roms and they work well, like crDroid GSI and CAOS GSI... I've been trying to cook up my own port of a few ROMs also to no avail yet but soon...
    He said "Guys, install lineageos 20 android 13 but when installing gApps from twrp it stays on the lineageos logo and does not load until it restarts in twrp, a little help please."
    Yeah, I know. I used Google Translate to read the message. My point is, the poster should be the one to do that.