• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Updated to MIUI 12.5.3 and fingerprint sensor stopped working.

Search This thread

redbeans92

Sep 25, 2021
Hello everyone! Hope you're doing ok!

As the title says, I updated to MIUI 12.5.3 Global stable rom (from OTA) and then I started having issues with the fingerprint sensor, only working half of the time. Then, suddenly, it stopped working completely. I've read online that it has happened to many people on many devices. The only answer I can find is to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my phone. Does anybody knows if installing xiaomi.eu would help? Does anybody have had this same issue before?

My phone is 3 months old, I always use a case and screen protector, and I haven't dropped it strong. (It fell off of my hands a couple times, 2 or 3, but without any major impact, had a very safe landing haha so I doubt the fingerprint sensor broke.)

I'm trying to find any kind of solution to this problem, as I always use the fingerprint sensor :(

Thanks in advance!

rxrnxx

Feb 6, 2019
Hello everyone! Hope you're doing ok!

As the title says, I updated to MIUI 12.5.3 Global stable rom (from OTA) and then I started having issues with the fingerprint sensor, only working half of the time. Then, suddenly, it stopped working completely. I've read online that it has happened to many people on many devices. The only answer I can find is to flash xiaomi.eu rom on my phone. Does anybody knows if installing xiaomi.eu would help? Does anybody have had this same issue before?

My phone is 3 months old, I always use a case and screen protector, and I haven't dropped it strong. (It fell off of my hands a couple times, 2 or 3, but without any major impact, had a very safe landing haha so I doubt the fingerprint sensor broke.)

I'm trying to find any kind of solution to this problem, as I always use the fingerprint sensor :(

Thanks in advance!
I'm having the same problem, any fix?

redbeans92

Sep 25, 2021
I have bad news. I managed to install xiaomu.eu, I'm on MIUI 12.5.5 and sadly, the issue was not fixed. I thought that installing the most recent version of xiaomi.eu would solve the problem, but no...
I don't know if going back to MIUI 12.0 would solve it, as the problem appeared when I upgraded it to 12.5.3, but I won't try it for now because i'm kinda tired of re-setting my phone and apps lol.
If someone downgrades to MIUI 12.0, global or eu rom, and it solves the problem, please let us know!

redbeans92

Sep 25, 2021
it won't be solved by changing ROMs as it's an hardware issue. Go to the service centre and get it replaced

The thing is I'm not so sure its a hardware issue. The problem started when I updated to MIUI 12.5.3 and the fingerprint stopped working, and more people have the same issue after updating too.

But as changing the rom didnt work, I can assume maybe, in my case, is a hardware issue... And I doubt it tho, because I haven't dropped my phone as hard for it to broke.. unless the sensor is so weak it breaks with a little drop :(

docoak17

Mar 10, 2017
I had the same issue, unlocked bootloader, flashed crdroid, and fingerprint stopped working, thought it was due to custom rom, flashed OG MIUI Firmware locked bootloader and fingerprint still wasn't working, claimed my phones warranty and the service center told me that they'd have to replace the fingerprint and the problem maybe with the motherboard as well.