[UPDATED to SP1] WM6 Platinum Edition 5.2.1711.18165.0.5.0 SP1 by NiTroGen

Akims

Nov 21, 2007
Hello all,

for first I`m found one problem on this ROM which is this, that if you are playing anything in WMPlayer and then keep him running backlight on phone is ON all the time and dosn`t swich off. If you close WMP then everything works fine.

Next about the battery:
I`m read every feedback here on theard`s about battery and I still have not found anything what can help me. My phone worked at least 3day normal using. From one day my battery it`s empty till 24h. With any others ROM as well not just this. Even I`m bought new battery for HTC same it`s empty till same time. I become be crazy from this if I have to charge my phone every single night. I tryed flash with any others ROM WM6 and any others types of Radio ROMS but without change.

UserN1

Nov 23, 2007
Prague
have another question how do i make the start up and shut down sound lower and can i change the animation
for off start up/schut down sound and change animation look at: Start/Settings/UI Tweaks/Startup,schutdown Animation :)

or registry:

for change picture (not animation) setting value data: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/System/Startup(Shutdown)/1(2)/Splash/ and change Windows\startup.jpg
for off start up/schut down sound:
HKEY_CURENT_USE/ControlPanel/Sounds/SystemStart(Shutdown)

UserN1

Nov 23, 2007
Prague
I`m found one problem on this ROM which is this, that if you are playing anything in WMPlayer and then keep him running backlight on phone is ON all the time and dosn`t swich off. If you close WMP then everything works fine.
I have the same problem.
...From one day my battery it`s empty till 24h. With any others ROM as well not just this.
I have not this problem.
look at start/Settings/Connection/Beam and set off.
Otherwise try master reset with full batery and than control Beam again or reflash WM06. First make buckup!

kops.lnx

Apr 15, 2007
Hi, I'm trying this great rom on my SPV C600. It seems you didn't include a JVM for java applications.

I tried IBM J9 evaluation when I was running with the original WM5 ROM, but as its name says, it's an evaluation. I'm looking for a long time solution.

With this WM6 ROM I tried Mysaifu JVM, but java applications I use don't work.

Do you know other JVM ?

ethiop

Feb 4, 2008
first of all, grand respect to NiTroGen, great work! platinum ed. is the best firmware. i've tested some variants from [email protected] and alex (4pra.ru) but was not satisfied. but i had to downgrade to official wm5, because russian language is absent :( . May i hope the russian version will appear?

DaMilky

Oct 20, 2007
@Nitro, help me:

How can I add default VoIP libraries and soft???
I need it really ;)

I try the steps of others post (installing WM6VoIP.CAB), but i dont see "Internet Calling" in home screen and in Comm Manager "Settings > IP Phone" dont work.

Last edited:

Pulstar4

Jun 20, 2006
I'm having a serious sound problem that won't go away. The speaker or earpiece while in a call won't work anymore, it stops working after using the phone a little while. Music seems to play in Media player, but I get no sound at all. I followed the directions to the letter to flash the phone and used format BINFS. I even tried going back to an old WM5 rom but it still doesn't work. I'm going crazy, anyone know what's happening?

BTW, great rom nitro! Many thanks and good luck!

yusufmerchant

Dec 11, 2006
I'm having a serious sound problem that won't go away. The speaker or earpiece while in a call won't work anymore, it stops working after using the phone a little while. Music seems to play in Media player, but I get no sound at all. I followed the directions to the letter to flash the phone and used format BINFS. I even tried going back to an old WM5 rom but it still doesn't work. I'm going crazy, anyone know what's happening?

BTW, great rom nitro! Many thanks and good luck!
It Must Be Hardware Problem And Not Rom Problem

juan3211

Feb 9, 2007
Autokeylock For This Rom ?

Autokeylock for this software ? I tried autometickeylock, but it doesn't function.

Somebody ?

Any software ???

Thanks,

Exitao

Aug 28, 2007
Vancouver
first of all, grand respect to NiTroGen, great work! platinum ed. is the best firmware. i've tested some variants from [email protected] and alex (4pra.ru) but was not satisfied. but i had to downgrade to official wm5, because russian language is absent :( . May i hope the russian version will appear?
Here is t9:
http://melgurth.ovh.org/index.php?page=downloads

Try this thread:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1430847

Or look to the Smartphone General Forum for Mennisys' (sp?) sticky thread about "internationalisation issues" or something like that.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=323790

I just looked around and couldn't find a russian localisation, just t9. If you need local, then you go to the russian sites, download a rom and dump it to get the mui files described in the last ink above.

You can add Russian MUI files and registry entries. When Nitro puts his kitchen out (unless you have your own) you can later add Russian localisation to a ROM so you don't lose it on hard reset...

Last edited:

grandmaster_b

Jul 2, 2007
This ROM is much faster than any I have used so far(not tried vanilla) installed the WMP fix which got WMP working perfect, but I am noticing that compared to all other WM6 ROMS I am noticing very bad battery life even compared to VJ 3.7 which was the last one I used.
Great ROM though stable, nice speed.
many thanks Nitro.