[UPDATED][UI Animations] New Android UI Animations

Search This thread

Smokem_I

Nov 24, 2010
Peoria
Just wanted to say thanks! I still use these :) They work from 2.1 to 2.3.3 thanks for sharing these!

Sent from my CM7 Slide using the XDA App

dmwase88

Sep 7, 2010
Kampala
i can only see the animation on screen unlock...i can't seem to see others while opening apps
am running Yoshi's Ginger 2.3.4...any ideas,i appreciate it.

Last edited:

Vicious Von

Mar 27, 2011
New Blur devices I.E. Bionic, Atrix 2 have a slick screen transition in the homescreen and app drawer and also Miui have some screen transitions that Ive never seen before in any launchers. If there is a "how-to" point me in that direction even though Im not too savvy with stuff like that I'd try to have to some new cool transitions going.

Serris

Feb 10, 2010
Test chamber No.4
New Blur devices I.E. Bionic, Atrix 2 have a slick screen transition in the homescreen and app drawer and also Miui have some screen transitions that Ive never seen before in any launchers. If there is a "how-to" point me in that direction even though Im not too savvy with stuff like that I'd try to have to some new cool transitions going.

You have for almost every aplication its animation in the apk package. So launcher has its in "Launcher2".apk/res/anim. You can try the same procedure for launchers as its described for frameworks, so take animations from one launcher, put them in the one you are using. I cant say this will work as I have never tried it, but if you are willing to give it a shot please post resaults here :)

PS: Framework animations are made in general for almost any android device(with any OS version), but as for launcher I think they are made for specific OS/apk file, but as I have said these are only my assumptions :)

PPS: Make sure you do a nandroid backup in case things go wrong

plat50

Mar 1, 2014
Mirror pleaze

Pleaze give mirror mediafire,google drive or mega i need to have flip animation
Archos 50 platinium , android 4.1.2 stock rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Below are four new android UI animations created by Stale Bread, these will change how things popup and show on screen.
    There are two ways to apply new animations first is Metamorph and second is to manualy copy new animations to your android phone.

This should work on ANY 2.1 and 2.2 (apparently it works on 2.3 :) ) android phone!

NOTE If Metamorph fails, you get force closes or boot loops, try to manually add animations!!

- Metamorph (thanks cXhristian from samdroid).

Before morph do a nandroid backup so you can revert if you don't like them, or if anything goes wrong!!!!

Fly In Animations:
    Download.
    Youtubewith Fly In animations.
    Fold Animations:
    Download.
    Youtube with Fold Animations.
    Flip Animations:
    Download.
    Youtube with Flip Animations.
    Bounce Animations:
    Download.
    Youtube with Bounce Animations.

Download all animations!

Stock Lockscreen animations, flash this if the text "Unlock" has disappeared from your lockscreen (Stock android only, with Sense and other shouldn't be a problem)

How to use animations with Metamorph:
    First install Metamorph from Android Market.
    Download the animation you wish to have, and place it on the root of SD card.
    Start Metamorph and press "Start Checks".
    After checks press "Unzip/Extract new theme" then locate the animations zip on SD card.
    Metamorph will automatically extract them, when finished extracting a window will popup, press close.
    Now just press "Apply all!" and wait for reboot.
    Done!

- Manually copy animations

Before doing this do a nandroid backup so you can revert if you don't like them, or if anything goes wrong!!!!

Connect your phone to your PC (USB debuging must be on!)

Download required ADB shell files (users who know how to operate with adb don't need this), and extract them to root of your C disk.

First you need your framework-res.apk, open cmd and copy below code:
    Code:
    cd c:\Android
    Code:
    adb pull /system/framework/framework-res.apk c:\Android
    This will copy framework-res.apk to C:\Android

Downlad the animation you want from above Metamorph part of the post.
    Open the file with compression/decompression program (Winrar, Winzip), and
    extract the framework-res where you want.

Open the (pulled from phone) framework-res.apk with Winrar/Winzip and navigate to res/anim (you need to see all sorts of .xml files and leave the window open)

Now open the framework-res (from Metamorph zip)and go to res/anim, select all files within anim folder, drag and drop them to previously left open Winrar/Winzip window, now there are new animations in framework-res.apk, you can close Winrar/Winzip window.

Phone needs to be connected to PC. Enter the below code to cmd to push framework-res.apk back to phone:
    Code:
    cd c:\Android
    Code:
    adb remount
    Code:
    adb push framework-res.apk /system/framework/framework-res.apk
    Code:
    adb reboot

Hope it works =)
    any video on the fold animations?
    Can someone please re-upload it again and post the new links, please?

Thanks a million.

Reuploaded in the first post, sorry it took a while :)