zROM+ 28.0.A.8.251 Android 5.0.2 - V1.1
Sony Xperia Z3+ E6553
Based on Sony firmware 28.0.A.8.251 Generic Hong Kong
- Aroma installer
- Deodexed and zipaligned
- Rooted with SuperSU preinstalled
- Dual boot/ TWRP recovery environment
- Custom kernel with runtime control of SELinux enforcing status and RIC disabled
- Google apps updated and with customizable graphical installer for Gapps
- Writeable external SD card
- Xposed framework functional (in SELinux permissive mode)
The following apps and bloatware have been removed and can be installed directly from the Play store if desired. The first two are installable by selecting the appropriate option in the ROM installer
- What's New
- Xperia lounge
- AVG Antivirus
- Anonymous Data Collection
- Mobisystems File Commander
- Mobisystems Office
- Playstation App
- Playstation Network Portal
- Privilege Movies
- Sony Movie Creator
Please hit the Thanks button if you use this ROM. Many downloads but few thanks....
NOTE: You must perform a factory reset before install by wiping cache and data.
- Download the TWRP image for the Z3+ and unpack it
- Download zROM+ and the zROM+ md5 file
- Run a command shell
c:>adb reboot bootloader c:>fastboot boot recovery.img c:>adb push zrom-v1.1.zip /sdcard/zrom-v1.1.zip c:>adb push zrom-v1.1.zip.md5 /sdcard/zrom-v1.1.zip.md5
The file is big, so it will take 5 or more minutes to complete the upload. If you're impatient put your external SD in a card reader and load it that way.
- In the interface for TWRP, navigate to Wipe and perform a factory reset
- In the interface for TWRP, navigate to Install
- Click install, select zrom-v1.1.zip from the internal storage
- Swipe to flash
- Read and follow the instructions
- Reboot when complete
The first boot is painfully slow. It takes about 10 minutes, so just be patient. It will stay in the blue booting screen for a long time. This is normal. Do not reboot your phone. Just wait and it will eventually boot up. You can always rerun the installer to flash additional Google Apps. If you do so, be sure to deselect the install ROM option and do not do a factory reset.
This ROM has a kernel that supports runtime SELinux mode changes. The mode change is accomplished through a script /system/su.d/permissive.sh, which sets SELinux to permissive mode at boot time. If you wish to run Xposed, you must run SELinux in permissive mode. Failure to do so results in multiple system applications force closing at startup and a device that is locked up.
If you don't run Xposed I recommend that you keep SELinux in enforcing mode. To do so, go to Settings-->About and click multiple times on the Build number until it tells you that Developer mode is activated. When developer mode is activated, back out and select the Developer option and enable USB debugging. Now run an adb shell and remove the permissive mode script. Grant permission for USB debugging when the prompt comes up
c:>adb shell [email protected]:/ $ su
Wait for the SuperSU prompt and grant permission to adb
[email protected]:/ # mount -o rw,remount /system [email protected]:/ # rm -f /system/su.d/permissive.sh [email protected]:/ # reboot
If you choose not to install any of the Google apps, a minimum core Google framework will be installed anyway. This includes Google framework, GmsCore, Google Play, Google Login Services, Google Contacts and Backup Sync, SteupWizard and OneTimeInitializer that runs after first boot. Apart from the Play store app and the first time setup apps, the rest of these apps are not visible in your app drawer.
While I have made every effort to test this ROM in a variety of different install scenarios, it is a beta ROM and you may experience some bugs. I make no warranty as to its fitness for purpose or its performance and you use it at your own risk.
PLEASE SEE NOTE BBELOW IN POST TWO ON USING XPOSED FRAMEWORK
This ROM now supports booting directly into TWRP recovery mode. To access recovery mode, power on the phone and when you see the yellow LED illuminate press the down volume button once or twice.
- TWRP v18.104.22.168 for Z3+
- zROM+ v1.1 for Z3+ (md5: 999452b5ac29f92473b964af819a3cd6)
- zROM+ v1.1 for Z3+ MD5
- for GPL purposes, the kernel and associated dowloads
Current changelog: -- 01 October 2015
01 October - Release v1.1
- Add dual boot/recovery environment
- Remove Android Pay due to Google restrictions on root
- Update Google apps
19 September - Release v1 beta
- amarullz for the Aroma graphical installer
- The OpenGapps team at www.opengapps.org for the Gapps binaries for aarch64
- osm0sis for some of the functions used in the installer script
zROM+, ROM for the Sony Xperia Z4
ROM OS Version: 5.0.x Lollipop
Based On: 28.0.A.8.251
Current Beta Version: v1.1 beta
Beta Release Date: 2015-10-01
Last Updated 2015-09-19