• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

(UPDATED - v2.0) unrevoked 2 EVO 4G 1.47.651.1-1.32.651.6 OTA patch released

Search This thread

kpoz

May 24, 2010
Chicago
www.androidguys.com
I figured a new thread would be helpful. Thanks to the unrevoked team!

http://www.unrevoked.com/rootwiki/doku.php/public/evo_ota_2_patch

Edit: Please see Joeykrim's post if you have the following problem – http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=6994302&postcount=14

After fully rooting and installing Stock (1.32.651.6) with root odex v1.0.8 (06/25/2010) by joeykrim,

(the Shipped (1.32.651.6) with root (06/08/2010) by flipzmode failed to install for some reason),

then trying to update from Amon_RA recovery,

get the following message -
Verifying current system...
assert failed: apply_patch_check(/system/bin/reboot -blah blah blah)

E:Error in /sdcard/update.zip
(status 7)

Installation aborted

Last edited:

Land Master

Jun 18, 2010
Highlands Ranch, CO.
Posted the following in the original thread...Any thoughts?

Am thinking correctly that the changes made by the file:

"OTA_Supersonic_1.47.651.1-1.32.651.6_unrevoked2"

which is available on the unREVoked site make persistent changes to the hardware?

In other words.....it was recommended that this update be performed over a stock ROM which I am willing to do but then what?

Do we need to stick with a ROM based upon the 1.47xxx version such as Damage Control or are we free to flash anything after applying this update?

Thanks in advance

kpoz

May 24, 2010
Chicago
www.androidguys.com
Posted the following in the original thread...Any thoughts?

Am thinking correctly that the changes made by the file:

"OTA_Supersonic_1.47.651.1-1.32.651.6_unrevoked2"

which is available on the unREVoked site make persistent changes to the hardware?

In other words.....it was recommended that this update be performed over a stock ROM which I am willing to do but then what?

Do we need to stick with a ROM based upon the 1.47xxx version such as Damage Control or are we free to flash anything after applying this update?

Thanks in advance

Unfortunately, I don't have the answer. I would just sit tight until someone a bit more knowledgable chimes in on the subject.