[UPDATED v2] WM6 English 5.2.1616.18120

Search This thread

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
WM6 English ROM 5.2.1616.18120

It is based on SH@RK's WM6 ROM from WinCE.BY (thank you, Shark!!!)
carriersplashry2.png
carriersplashiz8.png

Details:
- WM6 Standard 5.2.1616.18120.0.4.0
- Shortcut keys for Qtek 8310/iMate SP5/Vodafon V1240 (Tornado Noble)
- MUI: English
- t9: English
- 8MB Pool
- Fully application unlocked!
- MMS client.
- HTC Camera 4.00.23355
- Internet Sharing
- IE can download *.rar, *.exe, *.doc, *.pdf, *.3gp
- Windows Media Player playback support of 3gp, mpg, mp4, aac
- Automatic date/time adjustment (needs latest GSM update)
- Connection problems with hidden SSID and WPA fixed!
- More settings for Power Management, Internet Explorer and Start Menu
* Internet Explorer slowdown fixed (thanks DSF)

Included Applications:
- BTRouter
- CeleTask 2.2.2433.4986
- ClearType Powertoy
- ClockOnTop 0.81
- CommManager 1.4.1
- CoolCamera 1.15 (camera key press)
- FakeCursor
- HTC SIM Manager 6.31
- MoBlue 2.0 beta
- MultiFlashLight 1.1 (long Volume Down key press)
- OMAPClock 0.2
- Oxios Memory Tools 1.40
- Oxios Alarms 1.31
- SMS Delivery Receipt Fix 2.0.0b by Saman
- Tornado WiFi Settings
- VoIP DLLs - VoIPiser 0.1
- VitoCopyPaste 1.3.60
- WM5torage 1.78 beta 2
* Auto Keylock 4.0
* HTC File Manager 1.41
* Low Light 1.02
* MS Voice Commander 1.6
* Uninstaller 0.3 by Easter

* = second release only

Available storage after cold boot: 17.27ΜΒ (initial release) 18.25ΜΒ (second release)
Available memory after cold boot: 29.55ΜΒ (initial release) 29.36ΜΒ (second release - voice commander & auto keylock NOT loaded)

Shortcut Keys:
  • Long Volume Up: Voice Notes
  • Long Volume Down: MultiFlashLight
  • Long Home: Celetask
  • Short Camera: CoolCamera
  • Long Camera: FakeCursor
For Qtek 8300/iMate SP5m/t-Mobile SDA US extract the .lnk files included in the attached file into \Windows directory!

This ROM is for "educational" purposes only. It is not supported neither by HTC nor by me. I hold [SIZE=-1]no responsibility for any damage, injury, hair loss, sexual incapability or any other unfortunate event that may result from the flashing and use of this ROM.

[/SIZE]Download link:
Code:
Second Release (recooked):
http://rapidshare.com/files/63263215/Tornado_WM6_Eng_ROM_v2_recooked_by_NiTroGen.rar

Initial Release:
http://rapidshare.com/files/62381025/Tornado_WM6_Eng_ROM_v1_by_NiTroGen.rar

Don't forget to SuperCID your phone before flashing!

--
PS: This ROM is made of my Greek ROM by removing all greek support (mui files included). The strangest thing is that the Greek ROM has 19.27ΜΒ available storage after cold boot. That's exactly 2MB more free space than the english ROM!!! How is it possible to have less free space after removing some files? :confused:

That's why a second release took place. I wanted to see the available space with more apps installed. And yes, there is more free storage space. :)

Last edited:

Lost Heaven

Jul 13, 2007
That really doesn't explain the size increase, much less 2MB! Well, hopefully someone with more knowledge than me will crack that one up.

Installed your rom, seems nice, will need more testing to give a better opinion though. Thanks for releasing!

DSF

Apr 16, 2007
mowned.com
you are fast NitroGenious :).. congrats on the release. I don't have right now time to test.

PS: This ROM is made of my Greek ROM by removing all greek support (mui files included). The strangest thing is that the Greek ROM has 19.27ΜΒ available storage after cold boot. That's exactly 2MB more free space than the english ROM!!! How is it possible to have less free space after removing some files? :confused:
i've experienced too this a while back. I've deleted a lot of files (I mean A LOT, about 10MB), that would logically bring more space, but in reality did not, it just reduced the amount of free storage space..
So you should fill the 2MB space with usefull apps, this theoretically will bring the 19MB free space back.
It's about the ROM partitioning (the ROM flash is shared between the OS files & Storage).. andot's should know more about this.
Usefull apps? HTC Streaming Media (andot's V6 has it, you can dump ROM and get the needed files & registry) , Easter Uninstaller (handy,as you probably knows, WM has a bug not showing the installed applications if the nr of them reach 50), IA File Manager, Tornado Low Light, and maybe Microsfot Voice Commander (don't know how much takes this application). or if the MS Voice Commander takes too much space, include wmv codecs (this will allow applications, such as TCPMP, to be able playing wmv). That's what I'm remembering right now.

Have you replaced the browsing files? If you copy the files as modules, you should run G'Reloc (if you allready didn't ) :D

BTW have you included the "Bluetooth Dial-up Networking" tweak ?

Also you could include also (but leave the default WM6 calculator cos it has some usefull functions, such as %, etc) the good old WM5 calculator, it loads way faster in memory, you only need calc.exe from a WM5 dump. Tell me if you need it :d.

Last edited:

nofuse

Dec 8, 2006
Is anybody having problems with voip with this rom, always telling me that the service is blocked, never had this problem with any other WM6 rom i've tried.

Any ideas?

Pop5k

Jul 20, 2007
Nice, Nitro! One more rom to choose from. :)

"SDHC card support"

Mind telling us how you did that?
Which drivers did you use?
Any registry tweaks needed for it?

:)

imthewa1rus

Oct 10, 2006
bad Rom!
many empty icons in programs,
batterystatus says""battrystatus is not install correctly!, please reinstall"

In my experience, the empty icons in your programs list are due the small size of the new rom. In other words, they are leftover icons from your last rom.
Means you probably omitted the "format binfs" step.

Someone please smack me if I am giving wrong info.

I need to find my sda so I can try this one out, been addicted to the wizard lately.

Love seeing more people coming out with their own custom roms, keep up the good work!

melgurth

Feb 27, 2007
Warsaw
Xiaomi Mi A1
Nice!
At last rom with MMS and SMS splitted into accounts.

Please consider making a vanilla - something a'la OEM without any third party programs :)

Great work

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
More removed apps = less space available! Don't know why, but it's a fact (check previous page). So, we need the third party apps to have more available storage! :eek:

But, if you want a vanilla, I'll give you one... ;)

Lemark

Dec 19, 2005
Lawrence
Hmm, I hoped andot would re-cook this ROM and wrote to him in a Chinese forum. But he said he had no interest in it:(.

Fahtrim

Sep 13, 2007
I flashed this rom last night, I like it very much so far. Good job. Haven't noticed any problems yet, nice suite of apps built in.

NiTroGenious

Feb 16, 2007
Ioannina
www.nitrogen.gr
Update!

This is a small update. It just has more applications installed. I've not tried it - if someone does, please report free memory/storage on cold boot.
---

WM6 English ROM 5.2.1616.18120 (second release)

Change log (included applications):
+ Auto Keylock 4.0
+ HTC File Manager 1.41
+ Low Light 1.02
+ MS Voice Commander 1.6
+ Uninstaller 0.3 by Easter

Nothing else is changed, nothing has been removed.

Please report free storage on cold boot. That's the main reason of this release; I want to see if the available free space is increased with more applications installed!

Download link:
Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/63263215/Tornado_WM6_Eng_ROM_v2_recooked_by_NiTroGen.rar

Last edited:

bipinsen

Sep 16, 2007
Please include internet sharing

I would be more than willing to test drive this ROM if Internet Sharing is also included (I didn't see it listed). It's one feature I use almost daily.

Thanks!