Updated [XE Single/dual][ROM][XBOOST]with ics recovery kernel

was this helpful?did you love the rom?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

UltraGamerHD

Aug 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
yo xmoose!!!I've been using ur rom for about 2 weeks now...no probs at all:good: but i recently noticed the chainfire 3d app that came with the rom and was wondering what to do with it..Not sure whether it is aldr:fingers-crossed:eady functioning:p . there is an option "Install Drivers" and i dont want to mess around with this....so could anybody tell me whether its safe to install drivers or atleast the procedure to make this thimg work?....thanks bro...

Yes it is safe to install drivers, just make a nandroid backup just in case!

yo xmoose!!!I've been using ur rom for about 2 weeks now...no probs at all:good: but i recently noticed the chainfire 3d app that came with the rom and was wondering what to do with it..Not sure whether it is aldr:fingers-crossed:eady functioning:p . there is an option "Install Drivers" and i dont want to mess around with this....so could anybody tell me whether its safe to install drivers or atleast the procedure to make this thimg work?....thanks bro...

Well it would be difficult finding those plug-ins... I'll upload them ASAP.. Ohh and it's safe to install them.. I had no probs..yet, be on the safe side.. Have a handy nandroid...

thank you......
regards,
moose.

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
Well it would be difficult finding those plug-ins... I'll upload them ASAP.. Ohh and it's safe to install them.. I had no probs..yet, be on the safe side.. Have a handy nandroid...

thank you......
regards,
moose.

What so the plugins do, exactly?

sent from my Xperia E (C1504) using xda Premium

kreatonn

Feb 17, 2013
Muar
What so the plugins do, exactly?

Lol, if u not install the plugins then there's no use u have chainfire3D in ur phone.

The plugins is use to "activate" chainfire3D main feature. In other words, to reduce lag when playing games. Thats mean, u need to install the plugins to reduce the texture, unroll texture.....etc.
My recommendation, use powervr plugin;)

Sent from my Xperia Miro using xda premium

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 5439257

Hello,

So I've been using this rom for about 2 weeks and I thought it was time to write a little review:

A bit about:

1. Installation
2. Performance.
3. Battery life
4. UI
5. Conclusion

1. The installation was a breeze. Very simple and fast. Flash stock firmware. Extract boot.img from base rom. Flash boot.img. Open clockworkmod: hard reset, wipe system, mount system, flash base rom. Reboot. Go back in clockworkmod and flash Aroma installer. I was done in 20 minutes.

2. Performance. Wow! Scary performances on this rom! Everything runs very smooth! Even on heavy use(80 apps installed) still at least 120 MB RAM left! And I say at least: most of the time there is even more RAM available. Games like Temple Run 2 and Subway Surfer, work amazing in comparison with stock(Temple Run 2 is lagfree, Subway Surfer tends to have minimal lags sometime, but is super playable, and you almost don't notice them). I have tested the stock ICS launcher, Xperia Z launcher and Apex launcher(my favorite third party launcher). They run incredibly smooth. Stock launcher and Apex worked also very good on the stock ROM, but the Xperia Z launcher had a lot of lags. But in XboosT I haven't really noticed one.

3. UI. The User Interface is something to get used to. Ice Cream Sandwich differs from Jellybean. I actually don't really like the darker look and the statusbar with yellow thingies and stuff. Meh. But I use Apex and with that you can create your own UI. I need to get used to the statusbar, that's all. Transitions, opening of apps go very smooth. Over all the UI is a great improvement over the stock one.

I also want to give my opinion about the font used: I actually don't really like it... Sorry, Xmoose :p. But I've flashed the 4.3 Roboto font, see here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2344259

4. Battery life. It's good, nothing more, nothing less. Compared with stock, I can pull out an hour more. I can easily use it a day.

5. Conclusion. This is an amazing ROM! It's faster than CM10 with Richies Kernel 0.4(or 0.6, am not sure....). Well, at least it feels faster. And that's what matters. It's amazing that Xmoose has made this amount of free RAM available. Incredible. Over all I will say: INSTALL! NOW!

Note: Hey, Xmoose, could you also release a fully transparent statusbar like in KitKat 4.4? I would like to see how it looks!

Cheers, and have a nice day!

Last edited by a moderator:
@MatsPunt.. Thank you much for this review...
I'm glad that you guys loved my hardwork and appreciate it.. Use the chainfire, 3d to avoid lags even more.. And sorry about the font.. To be sincere, I found that I hadn't changed the font when I was about to upload the rom.. So couldn't search for the best.. I'm sorry.. And thanks for the info about the font..
Surely I'll update the systemui which will be fully transparent.. But gimme some time.. And thanks again..

thank you......
regards,
moose.

D

Deleted member 5439257

@MatsPunt.. Thank you much for this review...
I'm glad that you guys loved my hardwork and appreciate it.. Use the chainfire, 3d to avoid lags even more.. And sorry about the font.. To be sincere, I found that I hadn't changed the font when I was about to upload the rom.. So couldn't search for the best.. I'm sorry.. And thanks for the info about the font..
Surely I'll update the systemui which will be fully transparent.. But gimme some time.. And thanks again..

thank you......
regards,
moose.

Don't worry about the font, man! I found this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.font.installer&hl=nl. You can easily change it if you don't like it ;). And awesome that you want to make a transparent systemUI. Currently I'm in a bootloop -.- through my own stupid fault(forgot to wipe data with a .zip through CWM...).

NOTE: be really sure to restore contacts after installing base rom, and not after the Aroma Installer! Otherwise you can restore them, but the contacts app won't show them! Just a small tip!

Oh. and I wanted to say the boot animation is really cool ;)!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 5439257

If you just want recovery: then yes. You will need an unlocked bootloader!

Success.

UltraGamerHD

Aug 15, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
Reactions: TheRealSS

bornstar4u

Jun 14, 2013
Kolkata
i am also facing force close issue on temple run 2 :(
i have not tried many games .... so not sure if it will happen with them as well.
and this happens without any chainfire3d plugins even.... i have tried to reinstall the game a lot of times.... but i got same result !

Sent from my Xperia E dual using xda app-developers app

KDB223

Aug 15, 2013
I hadn't checked temple run 2.

Nfs games, temple run 1,subway surfers, minion rush etc worked fine..

I can't help you guys now as my final exams are close..

thank you......
regards,
moose.

Class 10/12 boards?? Me too!!

smz2014

Jan 2, 2014
hello @Xmoose
your Rom is really nice and I thank you for that !
btw I have a question - what app is this

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-01-03-21-55-55.png
    Screenshot_2014-01-03-21-55-55.png
    163.8 KB · Views: 112

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    E SS support added..

>update translucent systemUI added

IMPORTANT:::working perfectly on both e single and dual sims...see the installation procedure

THE FIRST ICS BASED CUSTOM ROM FOR XPERIA E dual SERIES.....

NOTE:please flash the ics baseband over my rom if you find the network error...

i dont want any spammers to participate in the poll...its for the users who have downloaded and used my work...spammers..go spam some whwere else..

xb_copy.jpg

PLEASE FOR GOD'S SAKE...DON'T QUOTE OP....

########################ABOUT###############################

i'm not gonna give you a tutorial about why to use ics ..blah blah blah...
    just understand that it uses less ram,less cpu and is more stable than stock jb by sony...
    and this is a first custom ROM on ics..so try it..;)

FREE RAM AT STARTUP 290-310MB

FRE RAM ON NORMAL USE 230-2600MB

FREE RAM ON HEAVY USAGE 180-200MB

CHECK SCREENSHOTS IF YOU DON'T BELIEVE

and btw there are no scripts added...so maybe you can try out a few scripts and get the most out of it..

this is a stock official ice cream sandwich(4.0.4) based rom
    the base firmware version is 11.1.A.0.68 by sony..

so you might have a question in mind....
    how am i gonna flash ics???????
    till now there was no recovery kernel for ics

not now....
    we have the stock kernel of ics with clockworkmod recovery added to it...
    all credits goes to my friend @hsr0....
    buddy....you are simply awesome....

thank you @Ryshic12 for the concept
    this rom is a brother of my NoZ rom ,in installation and handling...
    Xboost too ,just like NoZ Rom has been divided into two zips..

the base rom..and the aroma installer...
    ****************************************************************************************************************

***EXTRA MODS TO THE BASE ROM***

>STOCK ICS BASED

>PRE ROOTED.

>BUSYBOX

>DEODEXED..

>CLEANED..

>ZIPALIGNED.

>KERNEL..the most important part..the base rom contains the kernel .
    as said..for the first time,ics based recovery for Xperia E series...

>SLIM..

>CUSTOM BOOTANIMATION...
    the sony make belive bootanimation followed by xperia Z ultra bootanimation..............

>CUSTOM FONT....

>CHAINFIRE 3D.....

*********************************************************************************************************************
    ******mods to second zip********

THIS IS A COMPLETELY TOUCH BASED AROMA INSTALLER......
    the aroma installer guides you to through the process of installing system and non-system apps..

> 4 LAUNCHERS>>>>

//recommended to use stock launcher as it is super smooth unlike stock and uses less ram..

> 3 MUSIC PLAYERS>>>>

> 3 GALLERY APPS>>>

> 2 VIDEO PLAYERS>>

> 2 SOUND ENGINES>>

//use the sony soundenhancement if u use walkman...otherwise use viper,,

> 2 CAMERA UI>>

//don't use panorama if u select cybershot..

>PLAY STORE>>>
    the play store cannot be installed into this rom by just downloading the apk ..
    so use aroma installer to add the three files in the play store section...to get a working play store..

>MISC MODS>>

1)init.d support installer...
    this apps does nothing to kernel,but enables init.d support to run scripts at bootup..

2)android 4.2 keyboard..

3)xda app..

4)some system apps are in the "stock" section..including calculator,chrome,connected devices,
    e mail,...and blah blah blah..see it for yourself..

5)things that i forgot...#########

****************************************************************************************************************************************************

******************************************************************************************************

PLEASE HIT THE THANKS BUTTON...I SHARE MY WORKS FOR FREE...BUT EVERY THANKS ADDS TO MY REPUTATION...
    Installation procedure(read plz)

##############INSTALLATION#############

IMP:recommended for all users to flash the ics ftf prior to installation,dual sim users can skip this step and flash baseband later
    PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FLASH THE ICS FIRMWARE (XPERIA E SINGLE USRS) BEFORE OR U MAY GET NETWORK ERROR

>format device(hard reset)
    >format SYSTEM
    >mount system
    >flash the base rom

>boot into system

>power off and flash the baseband(for E DUAL USERS.rename it to.ftf and flash in FLASHMODE) (skip this step if u have already flashed ics ftf )

>install the apps from aroma installer if u need any

>hit the damn thanks button

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

***********************thanks*****************

@hsr0 for the awesome kernel i mean it bud...YOU ARE AWESOME....

@Rizal Lovins for the cybershot mod...

@Viper team for the audio engine...

@someone WHOM I MISSED???????

ps:i dunno the creator of the xperia launchers.found it on my computer,i dunno where i downloaded it from..
    i'm really sorry cuz i haven't asked your permission..please pm me if you see this

me for falshing mydevice a 100 times,checking everything...blah blah blah..
    and it was really hard building this..

************************************************************************************************************************************************

warnings and recommendations...
    >recommended for all users to flash ics ftf prior to the installation of this rom...e dual users just flash the baseband if u find it difficult to flash full firmware

>after first boot,before opening any app,just restore the contacts..

>if playstore dosen't download files ,restart device and wait...happned to me first...

>all the mods are tested by me on my xperia E dual(c1604)

>don't pm me telling about any bugs(i hope there are none),just post in the forum

HIT THE THANKS IF YOU TRIED MY WORK...ITS FREE.BUT EACH THANKS ADDS TO MY REPUTATION...
    DOWNLOADS...

>BASE ROM(install this first)

http://d-h.st/tDs

>aroma installer

http://d-h.st/QpS

>ics baseband:

https://cdn.anonfiles.com/1386523484355.rar

>ics 4.0.4 ftf firmware(for both single and dual variants)

link 1>>http://d-h.st/ZD4

Updates..

Infiniteview. http://d-h.st/AqP

Translucent systemUI...

http://d-h.st/JJk

Push these to system/app and give rw-r-r permission..
    plz report broken links ASAP

for god's sake plz dont mirror my work...

plz link to this thread....

HIT THE THANKS IF I HELPED CUZ I DO THIS FOR FREE...THE THANKS ADDS TO MY REPUTATION///
    screenshots

screeenshots....

1>>freee ram see for yourself

ram_copy.jpg

2>>cybershot,font,3d gallery

cybr_fnt_3d_gal_copy.jpg

3>>playerpro,keyboard

plrpro_3d_kybrd_copy.jpg

4>>ttpod

ttpod_scrsht_copy.jpg

hit the THANKS please
    Hey guys it's me @Xmoose

I have both good news and bad news..

So the bad news is that I was thinking of moding the kernel of Xboost.. SADLY sony hasn't released the open source archive of this firmware..

The good news..although not that important is that my xams are over and I'll be working...