*UPDATED* [ZIP] All in One LTE Enabler, Flash ONE zip, and have BAND 4 LTE on any ROM

What modem do you prefer?

Votes: 562 79.3%

Votes: 147 20.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
App now available with the same functionality a zips below!

More info about app here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2607221

Changelog:
12/7/2013: Updated zip for 4.4.1 Using cg87 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems . Updated script to try to prevent duplicate build.prop entries.

8/9/2013: Updated zip to remove the installation of the older outdated snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 audio file. This is not needed with the hybrid modem.

7/26/2013:
Updated to morrislee awesome hybrid radios. Works on 4.3 and 4.2! LTE awesomeness, and still has all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.

What is it?:
  • I have created a AIO ZIP that can be flashed on your phones recovery and will enable lte.
  • It flashes the awesome.33/84 hybrid (or .27/84 depending on zip) radio/modem by morrislee, fixes audio by overwriting the necessary file, and automatically updates your build.prop with the needed changes.
  • ALSO this zip will put 2 CM Backup scripts in /system/addon.d , now if your phone supports CM Update scripts (CM of course,Carbon as well, and im sure alot more ROMS) you will only have to flash this ZIP once, it will automatically backup/restore the needed files and make the changes to enable LTE on each ROM Update, just like it currently does for GAPPS.

Click here to DOWNLOAD

• .27/98 radio and .33/98 hybrid modem bundles available for download above. Recommended for KitKat users.
  • .27/84 and .33/84 hybrid modems are recommended for jellybean users . Also available at above link

Manually: (Depending on ROM)
  • You might have to manually enable LTE either in Settings-->Wireless &Networks More.. --> Mobile networks --> Change network mode to "LTE /GSM/WCDMA" (CM10 automatically did this for me)
  • If that's not an option and LTE isn't enabled, dial *#*#4636#*#* and Tap WCDMA from under "Set preferred network type". Select "LTE/GSM auto".
  • Depending on ROM you will either have to select or input LTE APN under Settings--> Wireless &Networks More.. --> Access Point --> (TMobile LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com , most roms have this included)

FAQ:
Q. What modem should I use .27/84 hybrid or .33/84 hybrid
A. Try them both, see which one you like better. Test speed, battery life and reception with both. Results are different for everyone.

Q. Does this work with AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers etc
A. Flashing this ZIP will enable Band 4 LTE on your nexus 4, T-Mobile uses this in the USA. Check for Band 4 carriers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Credits to: (make sure to send thanks to all involved!)
  • XDA user cg87 for 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems
  • XDA user morrislee for putting together the awesome .27 and .33 hybrid .84 modems!
  • XDA user haze_nme for making the orginal LTE build.prop script.
  • XDA user efant again for the original cwm-mako-NoAudioFixForTMobileUSA.zip
  • Anyone else involved in getting LTE working on this device.

Last edited:

PincheKeith

Apr 22, 2012
Forgive my phone retardedness:

Will this work if I am on stock 4.2.2?

Do i just need to root my phone and install this?

pwc realtor

Jun 14, 2007
Doesn't work. Flashed the cm 07092013 nightly over CM10.1.1 stable and the prop . build changes didn't stick.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: bpear96

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Doesn't work. Flashed the cm 07092013 nightly over CM10.1.1 stable and the prop . build changes didn't stick.

Oh , my bad small error in update script. Going to upload fixed version now. The ZIP does work, and enable LTE fine , but CM Update scripts to keep it alive when you update ROM aren't coping over correctly.

EDIT: Links updated with new version

Last edited:

DontPushButtons

Apr 22, 2012
Pittsburg
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Thanks for this, any chance you'd feel like adding in the gps or tether fix? Are those even still an issue anymore? I've been out of the LTE game for so long lol. But its active in my area (has been for a month, apparently)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
Thanks for this, any chance you'd feel like adding in the gps or tether fix? Are those even still an issue anymore? I've been out of the LTE game for so long lol. But its active in my area (has been for a month, apparently)

Glad to help my fellow N4 users.
I don't think so lol. GPS and tethering works fine for me.

LTE just recently lit up in my area

Last edited:

pwc realtor

Jun 14, 2007

To my knowledge there's still no fix for the network location/aGPS issue. I'm on T-mobile and found that it didn't need to do any mods to get tethering working on LTE.

bpear96

Sep 30, 2010
To my knowledge there's still no fix for the network location/aGPS issue. I'm on T-mobile and found that it didn't need to do any mods to get tethering working on LTE.

Whats wrong with network location. I've never had any issues at least from what I can tell.

DontPushButtons

Apr 22, 2012
Pittsburg
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Glad to help my fellow N4 users.
I dont think so lol. GPS and tethering works fine for me.
LTE just recently lit up in my area

Very nice, thank you both for the prompt responses! I've been using a script for the past couple days rvrrytime I flash a rom, but i gotta restore the script manager app every time. Cuts out a couple steps for me. The script does some extra build prop edits but i think it's just the various network optimizations that have been passed around.

Thanks again, gonna have to flash something for the sake of it!

Reactions: bpear96

Maine_Coon

Sep 24, 2009
Very nice, thank you both for the prompt responses! I've been using a script for the past couple days rvrrytime I flash a rom, but i gotta restore the script manager app every time. Cuts out a couple steps for me. The script does some extra build prop edits but i think it's just the various network optimizations that have been passed around.

Thanks again, gonna have to flash something for the sake of it!

So..will it stick after reboot on stock ROM or do I need to manually enable it thru *#*#4636#*#*?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App now available with the same functionality a zips below!

More info about app here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2607221

Changelog:
    12/7/2013: Updated zip for 4.4.1 Using cg87 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems . Updated script to try to prevent duplicate build.prop entries.

8/9/2013: Updated zip to remove the installation of the older outdated snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 audio file. This is not needed with the hybrid modem.

7/26/2013:
    Updated to morrislee awesome hybrid radios. Works on 4.3 and 4.2! LTE awesomeness, and still has all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.

What is it?:
    • I have created a AIO ZIP that can be flashed on your phones recovery and will enable lte.
    • It flashes the awesome.33/84 hybrid (or .27/84 depending on zip) radio/modem by morrislee, fixes audio by overwriting the necessary file, and automatically updates your build.prop with the needed changes.
    • ALSO this zip will put 2 CM Backup scripts in /system/addon.d , now if your phone supports CM Update scripts (CM of course,Carbon as well, and im sure alot more ROMS) you will only have to flash this ZIP once, it will automatically backup/restore the needed files and make the changes to enable LTE on each ROM Update, just like it currently does for GAPPS.

Click here to DOWNLOAD

• .27/98 radio and .33/98 hybrid modem bundles available for download above. Recommended for KitKat users.
    • .27/84 and .33/84 hybrid modems are recommended for jellybean users . Also available at above link

Manually: (Depending on ROM)
    • You might have to manually enable LTE either in Settings-->Wireless &Networks More.. --> Mobile networks --> Change network mode to "LTE /GSM/WCDMA" (CM10 automatically did this for me)
    • If that's not an option and LTE isn't enabled, dial *#*#4636#*#* and Tap WCDMA from under "Set preferred network type". Select "LTE/GSM auto".
    • Depending on ROM you will either have to select or input LTE APN under Settings--> Wireless &Networks More.. --> Access Point --> (TMobile LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com , most roms have this included)

FAQ:
    Q. What modem should I use .27/84 hybrid or .33/84 hybrid
    A. Try them both, see which one you like better. Test speed, battery life and reception with both. Results are different for everyone.

Q. Does this work with AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers etc
    A. Flashing this ZIP will enable Band 4 LTE on your nexus 4, T-Mobile uses this in the USA. Check for Band 4 carriers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Credits to: (make sure to send thanks to all involved!)
    • XDA user cg87 for 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems
    • XDA user morrislee for putting together the awesome .27 and .33 hybrid .84 modems!
    • XDA user haze_nme for making the orginal LTE build.prop script.
    • XDA user efant again for the original cwm-mako-NoAudioFixForTMobileUSA.zip
    • Anyone else involved in getting LTE working on this device.
    New .33/84 and .27/84 hybrid AIO LTE Enabler zips available here :) http://goo.gl/5ljsWg

Make sure to give morrislee TONS OF THANKS for his awesome hybrid modems!
    ZIP with .27 or .33 radio available now http://bpeardownloads.tk
    You should make a quick revert script to place everything the way it was before flashing this script.

Good idea ill work on that :).

Oh , my bad small error in update script. Going to upload fixed version now. The ZIP does work, and enable LTE fine , but CM Update scripts to keep it alive when you update ROM aren't coping over correctly.

EDIT: Links updated with new version