*UPDATED* [ZIP] All in One LTE Enabler, Flash ONE zip, and have BAND 4 LTE on any ROM

What modem do you prefer?

Votes: 563 79.3%

Votes: 147 20.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

diehardfan

Apr 19, 2010
I am currently still on stock 4.2.2 with 3.4 faux kernal and stock modem. Would like to get LTE working on my Nexus 4. I am with Rogers in Canada.
Will this work for me? Which file to get?

Its been a while since, I flashed or did anything to my phone. I feel so lost in the forums nowdays. Haven't kept up with the latest.

Thanks!

vn00914361

Dec 24, 2010
Westminster
I am currently still on stock 4.2.2 with 3.4 faux kernal and stock modem. Would like to get LTE working on my Nexus 4. I am with Rogers in Canada.
Will this work for me? Which file to get?

Its been a while since, I flashed or did anything to my phone. I feel so lost in the forums nowdays. Haven't kept up with the latest.

Thanks!

Find the info about your current baseband from Settings. Then find a hybrid audio modem for it. Searching is your best friend

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

xnifex

Jul 4, 2006
Phoenix
I put this on 2 different nexus 4s with tmobile & Netflix wouldn't work until I changed to IPv4/IPv6. Everything is running smoothly now & I love it!

May 23, 2013
Los Angeles
I put this on 2 different nexus 4s with tmobile & Netflix wouldn't work until I changed to IPv4/IPv6. Everything is running smoothly now & I love it!

From what I understand, not all services run on T-Mobile's IPv6 so as long as you have IPv4/IPv6 enabled, you should not have any problems.

I had a similar problem with tethering on T-Mobile; I guess the tethering service from T-Mobile runs on IPv4 only, so when I had IPv6 enabled, I was not able to tether.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 PM ----------

Wow... Good find!! Mine was set to IPv6 like yours. I just changed it to IPv4/IPv6. I'll test it later today. Thanks, man!

*UPDATE* Changing the APN to IPv4/IPv6 did allow my hotspot to work normally.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda app-developers app

I found out the same thing on Friday; I was going to update you on this but looks like you already found out.

Reactions: WOP_Drive

nspusmc

Mar 28, 2011
Hi.. I flashed 33_98hybird zip on my n4 running cm11 (4.4.2) .. and I changed the type of my internet to 4G .. nothing happened to me .. pls help!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

There are 2 more things you need to do, assuming that by "changing your network to 4G " you mean you used *#*#info#*#* on the dialer to switch from WCDMA preferred to LTE/GSM.

1. You need to switch APN settings (the correct settings can be found in this thread but they differ depending on your carrier)

2. You need to edit the build.prop file in your system with some new entries. I highly recommend you search for the .zip file that you can flash that will do this for you automatically

hpcolombia

Feb 3, 2008
There are 2 more things you need to do, assuming that by "changing your network to 4G " you mean you used *#*#info#*#* on the dialer to switch from WCDMA preferred to LTE/GSM.

1. You need to switch APN settings (the correct settings can be found in this thread but they differ depending on your carrier)

2. You need to edit the build.prop file in your system with some new entries. I highly recommend you search for the .zip file that you can flash that will do this for you automatically

I just got LTE working on my phone using this script but also had to use *#*#info#*#* to change to 4G, as it wasn't an option inside of the mobile settings themselves. Changing the APN to fast.t-mobile.com was already listed as an option.

I'm running Paranoid Android 4.0

Last edited:

LiquidSolstice

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 17, 2008
Does anyone in the US notice that LTE on T-Mobile with the Nexus 4 is stupid fast?

I bought a Nexus 5, but I was having severe cell connectivity issues, so I'm waiting to RMA it, and in the meantime, I'm using a Nexus 4. On the 4, I am pulling down almost 60 mbps down in some places, but in that exact same place, on the Nexus 5 (which my brother also owns), he gets anywhere from a quarter to half of that.

Is there something special being done to the radio for these speeds?

Proof of speed test:
Screenshot_2013-12-29-11-40-31.png

chrisrozon

Feb 7, 2013
Does anyone in the US notice that LTE on T-Mobile with the Nexus 4 is stupid fast?

I bought a Nexus 5, but I was having severe cell connectivity issues, so I'm waiting to RMA it, and in the meantime, I'm using a Nexus 4. On the 4, I am pulling down almost 60 mbps down in some places, but in that exact same place, on the Nexus 5 (which my brother also owns), he gets anywhere from a quarter to half of that.

Is there something special being done to the radio for these speeds?

I'm in Redwood City and I've seen speeds increase from low 30s to high 30s upload recently, but I've never crossed 40 yet.

Where are you doing that speed test? In in San Jose a few days next week, I'll give it a try.

Cee_Pee_Three

Nov 17, 2012
I'm in Redwood City and I've seen speeds increase from low 30s to high 30s upload recently, but I've never crossed 40 yet.

Where are you doing that speed test? In in San Jose a few days next week, I'll give it a try.

Yeah you're right, I'm in Los Angeles and today I did a speed test and it was 35mbps+ which impressive to me but now seeing you get up to 60mpbs that is crazy to hear! Can't wait to see that.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using XDA Premium HD app

Berrydroidcafe

May 12, 2011
Cleveland Ohio - San Diego Ca
Meanwhile here in San Diego don't get anywhere near that. uploadfromtaptalk1388459712438.jpg

The first two tests were with the settings of LTE/GSM/CDMA.

The third test was LTE/GSM.. AUTO.

I will say that the connection speed in San Jose is good. Always had a good signal when I travel through the area.

KitKat or Almond Joy?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    App now available with the same functionality a zips below!

More info about app here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2607221

Changelog:
    12/7/2013: Updated zip for 4.4.1 Using cg87 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems . Updated script to try to prevent duplicate build.prop entries.

8/9/2013: Updated zip to remove the installation of the older outdated snd_soc_msm_2x_Fusion3 audio file. This is not needed with the hybrid modem.

7/26/2013:
    Updated to morrislee awesome hybrid radios. Works on 4.3 and 4.2! LTE awesomeness, and still has all the newer features (power management, audio on T-Mobile, etc.) from the newer radios.

What is it?:
    • I have created a AIO ZIP that can be flashed on your phones recovery and will enable lte.
    • It flashes the awesome.33/84 hybrid (or .27/84 depending on zip) radio/modem by morrislee, fixes audio by overwriting the necessary file, and automatically updates your build.prop with the needed changes.
    • ALSO this zip will put 2 CM Backup scripts in /system/addon.d , now if your phone supports CM Update scripts (CM of course,Carbon as well, and im sure alot more ROMS) you will only have to flash this ZIP once, it will automatically backup/restore the needed files and make the changes to enable LTE on each ROM Update, just like it currently does for GAPPS.

Click here to DOWNLOAD

• .27/98 radio and .33/98 hybrid modem bundles available for download above. Recommended for KitKat users.
    • .27/84 and .33/84 hybrid modems are recommended for jellybean users . Also available at above link

Manually: (Depending on ROM)
    • You might have to manually enable LTE either in Settings-->Wireless &Networks More.. --> Mobile networks --> Change network mode to "LTE /GSM/WCDMA" (CM10 automatically did this for me)
    • If that's not an option and LTE isn't enabled, dial *#*#4636#*#* and Tap WCDMA from under "Set preferred network type". Select "LTE/GSM auto".
    • Depending on ROM you will either have to select or input LTE APN under Settings--> Wireless &Networks More.. --> Access Point --> (TMobile LTE APN is fast.t-mobile.com , most roms have this included)

FAQ:
    Q. What modem should I use .27/84 hybrid or .33/84 hybrid
    A. Try them both, see which one you like better. Test speed, battery life and reception with both. Results are different for everyone.

Q. Does this work with AT&T, Vodafone, Rogers etc
    A. Flashing this ZIP will enable Band 4 LTE on your nexus 4, T-Mobile uses this in the USA. Check for Band 4 carriers here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

Credits to: (make sure to send thanks to all involved!)
    • XDA user cg87 for 98-33 and 98-27 hybrid modems
    • XDA user morrislee for putting together the awesome .27 and .33 hybrid .84 modems!
    • XDA user haze_nme for making the orginal LTE build.prop script.
    • XDA user efant again for the original cwm-mako-NoAudioFixForTMobileUSA.zip
    • Anyone else involved in getting LTE working on this device.
    New .33/84 and .27/84 hybrid AIO LTE Enabler zips available here :) http://goo.gl/5ljsWg

Make sure to give morrislee TONS OF THANKS for his awesome hybrid modems!
    ZIP with .27 or .33 radio available now http://bpeardownloads.tk
    You should make a quick revert script to place everything the way it was before flashing this script.

Good idea ill work on that :).
    Doesn't work. Flashed the cm 07092013 nightly over CM10.1.1 stable and the prop . build changes didn't stick.

Oh , my bad small error in update script. Going to upload fixed version now. The ZIP does work, and enable LTE fine , but CM Update scripts to keep it alive when you update ROM aren't coping over correctly.

EDIT: Links updated with new version