DOI7 to EPH5
DOI6-to-EPH5

ODIN FILES to get back to EPK5 or EPH5 and latest ODIN
N910AUCS2EPK5
ODIN
Marshmallow full odin file thanks to @mmaku
EPH5 ODIN FILE

Installation :
Download files you need form links above.
Backup your phone data, all data will be erase.
Put all desire files on SD-CARD
Restart phone in recovery mode '"Volume UP + Home button+ Power"
Choose from menu load update from sd-card
Choose desire file and update.
Follow direction for all files you need to update to.
You don't need to reboot all the way true for every update. When phone restart just hold Volume UP plus Home button. This will get you back to recovery.

Last edited:

PolarX

Oct 10, 2012
I am still with 4.4.4. Do I need upgrade to 5.1.1 first?

Attachments

• Note4.jpg
    Note4.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 8,886
Last edited:
Reactions: Alberyrodriguez

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
I used this procedure to update my Note 5 (insurance claim recently replaced my Note 4) so if you have any questions, I may be able to help. It looks like in order to use this file you'd have to be on firmware ending in 6.
Keep in mind, on the Note 5 there were a couple different updates posted on the server, so this one y'all found may not be the final update.
Also, if you use this via adb, it will wipe everything on the phone.

TheJanitor88

Jun 15, 2016
California
I used this procedure to update my Note 5 (insurance claim recently replaced my Note 4) so if you have any questions, I may be able to help. It looks like in order to use this file you'd have to be on firmware ending in 6.
Keep in mind, on the Note 5 there were a couple different updates posted on the server, so this one y'all found may not be the final update.

so, if i install this, will i still be able to get the final version in the future?

jack man

Nov 8, 2009
so, if i install this, will i still be able to get the final version in the future?
There needs to be a way to flash back to an official release. I haven't read through the Note 4 threads to see if there is. If there isn't a way to flash back, I wouldn't install this because if this turns out to be not the final OTA, you wouldn't be able to get the latest or future OTAs.

norbarb

Account currently disabled
Dec 22, 2011

Thanks for help.
I think you can put this update on SD card and if you adb from SD card will not wipe your phone. On note 5 we did not have this option.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using XDA Premium HD app

Last edited:
Reactions: kAzGuRu and talvigi

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011

If this is not finale MM version you need to flash back to version you on now. There was no problem flashing back at all on Note 5, so I don't think there will be with Note 4.

For all others I will look for previous updates so you can update up to last official release.

Reactions: TheJanitor88

TheJanitor88

Jun 15, 2016
California
If this is not finale MM version you need to flash back to version you on now. There was no problem flashing back at all on Note 5, so I don't think there will be with Note 4.

For all others I will look for previous updates so you can update up to last official release.

Awesome thanks!

budroid

There needs to be a way to flash back to an official release. I haven't read through the Note 4 threads to see if there is. If there isn't a way to flash back, I wouldn't install this because if this turns out to be not the final OTA, you wouldn't be able to get the latest or future OTAs.

Wouldn't we be able to download the final OTA file and flash it the same way?

PolarX

Oct 10, 2012

Downgrade from 5.1.1 Lollipop back to 5.0.1 or 4.4.4:
The 5.1.1 “bootloader” is secured, so downgrading from Android 5.1.1 and returning back to Android 5.0.1 and or 4.4.4 is not possible anymore.
http://androidromupdate.com/att-galaxy-note-4-sm-n910a-stock-firmware/

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011
Downgrade from 5.1.1 Lollipop back to 5.0.1 or 4.4.4:
The 5.1.1 “bootloader” is secured, so downgrading from Android 5.1.1 and returning back to Android 5.0.1 and or 4.4.4 is not possible anymore.
http://androidromupdate.com/att-galaxy-note-4-sm-n910a-stock-firmware/

I know this. But for some reason I did downgrade on Note 5 from unofficial MM 6.0.1 I update thru ADB back to 5.1.1. Then I took official update thru OTA to 6.0.1 with finale build. BTW Note 5 have secure bootloader too.

Last edited:

norbarb

Dec 22, 2011
I know this. But for some reason I did downgrade on Note 5 from unofficial MM 6.0.1 I update thru ADB back to 5.1.1. Then I took official update thru OTA
And bootloader on Note 5 is secure too.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using XDA Premium HD

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts