Updates Thread

Search This thread

Super_idol_105

Aug 23, 2022
Has anyone with the Cyberpunk Limited Edition (KB2000) tried updating to ColorOS 12 (KB2000_11_C.29)? I just received it but I'm afraid if it'll erase the cyberpunk theme...

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
How can I remove YouTube app on C.33?
I want to get rid of it because it doesn't have timestamp on chats which is a requirement
Here's a Magisk module that does that. Have a look at REPLACE in customize.sh

I've used this module (I created it based on the Magisk documentation) for many years to remove system apps.
Note, on OOS 12, many system apps are now in the my_* partitions and Magisk can handle these properly so you can't remove apps from these partitions.
Feel free to play around with it or create your own module.

Attachments

• MyMods-oos-12-test.zip
    4.3 KB · Views: 14

mingkee

Here's a Magisk module that does that. Have a look at REPLACE in customize.sh

I've used this module (I created it based on the Magisk documentation) for many years to remove system apps.
Note, on OOS 12, many system apps are now in the my_* partitions and Magisk can handle these properly so you can't remove apps from these partitions.
Feel free to play around with it or create your own module.
I attempted with Root Explorer, but I think it needs something to enable R/W in order to replace apk
Update: I checked /product/app/YouTube and the app is replaced with .replace. I just copied the app did backup on Titanium (renamed to YouTube.apk) and it's done.
No error on Play Store

Last edited:

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
Hi guys, I've just updated my KB2003 from stock rooted OOS11 to C.33, used Magisk to patch boot after doing the local update, it booted fine to OOS 12, root present, but, my fingerprint sensor is not working now. Is it known problem? Is there a fix?

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 8T
Hi guys, I've just updated my KB2003 from stock rooted OOS11 to C.33, used Magisk to patch boot after doing the local update, it booted fine to OOS 12, root present, but, my fingerprint sensor is not working now. Is it known problem? Is there a fix?
You need the latest USNF which has a fix for that. If you want to also want to be able to pass Play Integrity (which supercedes SafetyNet) then you'll need Displax's version of it - see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-2-3-1.4217823/post-87198517

Natakranta

Mar 19, 2013
Dublin
You need the latest USNF which has a fix for that. If you want to also want to be able to pass Play Integrity (which supercedes SafetyNet) then you'll need Displax's version of it - see https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/magisk-module-universal-safetynet-fix-2-3-1.4217823/post-87198517
Thank you very much for replying. I've already solved it by installing kadragon's safetnet fix 2.3.1
Fingerprint is working again. Safetynet tested and passed.
My last problem is I can't install Vanced YouTube as OOS version is newer than last available form Vanced Manager app. I was thinking if I could delete system YouTube app with Titanium Backup and then install Vanced YouTube form Vanced Manager app.

Reactions: horsecharles

rage302

May 29, 2012
Google Pixel 7 Pro
Google Pixel Watch
Last edited:

slewis1972

Sep 11, 2005
Nvidia Shield Tablet
OnePlus 9
This time I did the update (Full OTA C.35) for my KB2003 with the "My Application 2" Tool with no Problem and with this Tool I was able to patch other boot slot with magisk.
It booted up fine, with root and SafetyNET passes.

greetings rage
Hi, I grabbed the app and point it to the zip file that I got from oxygen updater but I select the zip and nothing happens. Any ideas?

Top Liked Posts