Updates Thread

Search This thread

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
ok so i redownloaded the latest twrp.
what OOS file do I need ? from here? https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/oneplus-8t-rom-ota-oxygen-os-repo-of-oxygen-os-builds.4193183/
flash twrp in fastboot mode
boot twrp
install OOS zip
reboot recovery (should now be stock)
wipe/format data
reboot
Profit?
I'm getting off custom if at all possible this evening.
thank you for all your help.
Which version of OOS? That's entirely up to you.
Where from? The link you mentioned or the official OOS download site (as long as it's a full zip ~2.9 GB)

azoller1

Aug 4, 2011
My Room
OnePlus 8T
Reactions: xen423

rage302

May 29, 2012
OnePlus 8T

Stable OxygenOS 12 for the OnePlus 8T is on its way

KB2001_11.C.11 | KB2005_11.C.11

For now just the incremental OTAs from OB1 are available.

I will update the Post since the full OTA links are available-> more info see here -> https://www.xda-developers.com/oneplus-8-8t-9r-stable-android-12-oxygenos-12-update/

--------------------------------------------------

LINKS (FULL OTA):
--------------------------------------------------
Changelog:
  • System
    • Optimized desktop icons with improved textures, by using a design inspired by brand-new materials and uniting lights and layers
    • Fixed the issue that background applications are abnormally closed in specific scenarios
    • Fixed the issue with lens permissions when using third party camera applications
    • Fixed the issue of screen cannot respond when receiving notifications
  • Dark mode
    • Dark mode now supports three adjustable levels, bringing a more personalized and comfortable user experience
  • Shelf
    • New additional style options for Cards, making data contents more visual and easier to read
    • Newly added Earphone Control Card with Bluetooth earphone one-click adjustment
    • Newly added access to OnePlus Scout in Shelf, allowing you to search multiple contents on your phone, including Apps, Settings, Media Data, etc
    • Newly added OnePlus Watch Card in Shelf, to easily glance at your health stats
  • Work Life Balance
    • Work Life Balance feature is now available to all users, allowing you to effortlessly switch between Work and Life mode via quick settings
    • WLB 2.0 now supports automatic Work/Life mode switching, based on specific locations, Wi-Fi network, and time, also bringing customized App notification profiles according to the personalization
  • Gallery
    • Gallery now allows you to switch between different layouts with a two-finger pinch gesture, intelligently recognizing the best-quality pictures, and cropping the thumbnail based on the content, making the gallery layout more pleasing
  • Canvas AOD
    • Canvas AOD brings you new diverse styles of lines and colors, for a more personalized lock screen experience with inspiring visuals
    • Newly added multiple brushes and strokes and support for color adjustment
    • Optimized software algorithm and improved face recognition to better identify the features and skin color of different figures
  • Network
    • Fixed the issue that unable to automatically connect to Wi-Fi
  • Bluetooth
    • Fixed the issue that wireless earphones cannot play sound when connecting Bluetooth in specific scenarios
greetings rage

Last edited:
Reactions: trongthanh

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
I installed and rooted C.11. But I'm a bit annoyed that I couldn't find the URL for the OTA update in the a logcat.
So I had to use system updater (Settings>About device>Software update), which means I couldn't use Magisk to install to the inactive slot (it causes problems unless doing a manual update).
I pulled the C.11 boot from the inactive slot after the update and before rebooting. Then I patched the boot image and flashed it in bootloader.

Reactions: rage302

Lutherian

Jul 15, 2011
Orléans
OnePlus 8T
I installed the India Beta package instead of the International and couldn't install the last "Beta > Stable" package so now I'm on a stable 12.0 but with the India firmware and KB2001...

Guess I'll have to wait for a newer update to change back to the International...

mimoo005

Jan 3, 2016
LG G3
LG G5
I installed and rooted C.11. But I'm a bit annoyed that I couldn't find the URL for the OTA update in the a logcat.
So I had to use system updater (Settings>About device>Software update), which means I couldn't use Magisk to install to the inactive slot (it causes problems unless doing a manual update).
I pulled the C.11 boot from the inactive slot after the update and before rebooting. Then I patched the boot image and flashed it in bootloader.
please sir can u upload patched boot img
i cant do local update i will flash incremental via fastboot

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
I try with fastboot enhanc not work for incremental payload
And when I use local update app and chose the file after push start update when come to 13% stope with error update failed
I will try update from settings and flash the patched boot img
Thank you for help
If your phone is rooted then you have to restore the stock boot image before starting the incremental update process. And that's true whichever method you use to update.
An incremental update ALWAYS checks that the current installation is what it expects.

Reactions: mimoo005

BillGoss

Sep 2, 2010
Sydney
OnePlus 3T
How do you do that? using magisk? How to pulled boot.img before reboot?
I run this in Terminal (I use Termux):
Code:
# Find inactive slot
slot_act=`getprop ro.boot.slot_suffix|cut -d_ -f2`

if [ "$slot_act" == "a" ]; then
  slot_inact="b"
else
  slot_inact="a"
fi

# Copy boot
/system/bin/su -c "dd if=/dev/block/by-name/boot_$slot_inact of=/sdcard/oos-ota-boot.img"

Reactions: mzmudzin

Top Liked Posts