• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Question Updating from RKAEUVF

Search This thread

Matalyz

Dec 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
Hi guys, got my ultra few weeks ago...I've seen loads of updates to the 12.5 and I saw that European version has already a stable 12.5. my question is, as I'm on a RKAEUVF, did someone try to upgrade to the RKAEUXM? And if so, did you needed to unlock the bootloader or was it just a simple upgrade? Thanks guys

Mr Reese

Jun 4, 2021
?? You ok man? He asked something, got an answer. After this answer (what you made) what you want? Really...
There is a a lot ot thread here, just read (if not too hard) than, every asnwer here, or on the xiaomi EU forum if not enough what you find here...
Without unlocking he can`t change the rom from **VF to **XM... But good luck, maybe you know better.

Reactions: Matalyz

Matalyz

Dec 9, 2013
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
If you can`t wait, till the upgrade, you need to unlock the bootloader...
I`m in same situation...
Thank you @Mr Reese. Even though I could unlock the bootloader, some people can't understand that the reason I don't so it is because my bank is an online bank without an actual website. If I can't have the app working, I simply can't access my account. Ive been using custom ROMs for over a decade now, I know the pros and the cons, and unfortunately the app security is quite good and blocks me out as soon as I have an unlocked bootloader. I had the same issue with the beta version of Android on my pixel. So I rather not put myself through that work. Hence the question.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you can`t wait, till the upgrade, you need to unlock the bootloader...
    I`m in same situation...
    ?? You ok man? He asked something, got an answer. After this answer (what you made) what you want? Really...
    There is a a lot ot thread here, just read (if not too hard) than, every asnwer here, or on the xiaomi EU forum if not enough what you find here...
    Without unlocking he can`t change the rom from **VF to **XM... But good luck, maybe you know better.