Updating goes wrong, CM13->CM14

Search This thread

felipemagz

Jan 31, 2017
Hello, i had just auto updated cyanogenmod at this cm-14.1-2016225-NiGHTLY patch, i was using cm13 before, the things is all my gapss seens crash and do not open... also whatsapp only refresh msg when i open it and its like a spam of new messages all the time i open it. there is a way to go back to the previous setup?

Thanks

Sher1234

Jan 23, 2016
Delhi
Hello, i had just auto updated cyanogenmod at this cm-14.1-2016225-NiGHTLY patch, i was using cm13 before, the things is all my gapss seens crash and do not open... also whatsapp only refresh msg when i open it and its like a spam of new messages all the time i open it. there is a way to go back to the previous setup?

Thanks
You should always clean flash major updates like from cm13 to cm14.1
Dirty flash always leads to problems

Sher1234

Jan 23, 2016
Delhi
they shoudlnt led this occour, for people who dont fully understand the details like me.
so now.... what do to? i would like to keep my data on the mobiel
Try titanium backup and backup the necessary apps
And then clean flash LineageOS 14.1 then install the necessary apps from playstore and restore only the app data using titanium backup

Note:- I can't guarantee about your data but you can try this (at your own risk) method it might help
& I haven't used this method i always clean flash after taking necessary backups

felipemagz

Jan 31, 2017
Try titanium backup and backup the necessary apps
And then clean flash LineageOS 14.1 then install the necessary apps from playstore and restore only the app data using titanium backup

Note:- I can't guarantee about your data but you can try this (at your own risk) method it might help
& I haven't used this method i always clean flash after taking necessary backups

Can you or someone tell me the steps?
I have done it before, but i forgot how to... already have de titanium, but im afraid to start the procedure because if i do this titanium backup it will go to the internal storage and when i flash everything i will lost it.
I dont remenber the properly steps.

Abhranil

Jan 22, 2015
I have clean flashed cm 14.1, it is a disaster . Most of the apps stopped working and also system webview keep crashing. I want to flash back Cm13 most recent version but couldn't find it anywhere on web or cm website. What should i do ? :( Could anyone provide me a link to cm13 most updated nightly ?

Sher1234

Jan 23, 2016
Delhi
Can you or someone tell me the steps?
I have done it before, but i forgot how to... already have de titanium, but im afraid to start the procedure because if i do this titanium backup it will go to the internal storage and when i flash everything i will lost it.
I dont remenber the properly steps.
Actually I never used that because i just take backup of data in internal storage not the applications & their data