Updato - largest online firmware archive, fast and totally free

updato-team

Apr 18, 2019

www.updato.com lets you download any firmware for your Samsung device, completely free with download speed restrictions. We offer an option for premium download speeds for a minimal cost.

Visit the website - www.updato.com

Please note that the website is still in beta.
All users are encouraged to post feedback and suggestions in this thread. @updato-team will gladly answer your questions. :highfive:
Updato aims to bring you the best experience.

Last edited:

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
Hey guys :D

I hope you enjoy our service. Use it as you would any other search engine. Often times it works best if you search for model number (i.e. SM-A800IZ), rather than device name. Also, here are some advanced search tips to get you started:

• +"galaxy s7" usa
    • Display all firmwares for the Galaxy S7 and put those with region USA in the top
  • +"sm-t805" -germany
    • Display all firmwares for the Galaxy Tab S except those from Germany
  • +marshmallow +switzerland
    • Display all Marshmallow firmwares from Switzerland

Let us know what you think.
PS: The site is not yet responsive in design (we're working on it)

JasonMason

May 19, 2013
with safari or firefox browser, i hit download button from selected firmware, only try to load the next site but nothing happened..
Edit: it works.

Last edited:

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
I do not know why there is show nothing when I search SM-G9300
Hm... You're right, this firmware didn't exist... we just added it with the region CHC to the database. If you have any more questions let us know.

---------- Post added at 01:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:34 AM ----------

with safari or firefox browser, i hit download button from selected firmware, only try to load the next site but nothing happened..
Edit: it works.
All good? What was the issue?

JasonMason

May 19, 2013
i have to wait about 3 min and then everything fine, maybe my bad because i can't wait about some min ..sorry..
server prob or what ever, now it works fine when i search any firmware..
big thanks to you..

coto39

Aug 6, 2011
Tandil
Hey guys! The site looks good but I think that a good thing to add would be "fluid" tables (and structures) because now they don't fit in the phone screen and its impossible to read all the columns of the firmware table. By adding that you're site will be accesible for every phone and not only pc's.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
i have to wait about 3 min and then everything fine, maybe my bad because i can't wait about some min ..sorry..
server prob or what ever, now it works fine when i search any firmware..
big thanks to you..
Yup, things have been really picking up on our end so we're working right now on strengthening our servers. If there's ever any lag or downtime, it should fade away in the next few days.

---------- Post added at 09:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 AM ----------

I think you must use some kind of autocomplete feature. I can not finda anyting when i search with "SM-930F"
At the moment, the search requires that you enter the full model number, and if a letter or a number is missing, results can be very different. But I love the idea and we'll definitely look into ways to make our search engine smarter :)

---------- Post added at 09:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Hey guys! The site looks good but I think that a good thing to add would be "fluid" tables (and structures) because now they don't fit in the phone screen and its impossible to read all the columns of the firmware table. By adding that you're site will be accesible for every phone and not only pc's.

Enviado desde mi SM-G930F mediante Tapatalk
Thank you :) I agree!

We're actually working on the responsive design as well, so that it looks well on mobile devices. Although that might take a few weeks. On the bright side, we'll be releasing our app in the next few days and it's looking great, we're certainly aiming to make mobile experience very pleasant.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Nice website...

Interesting project ... and now here's some constructive criticism, obviously meant in good faith for possible improvements. ;)
Pertains to the website, since I haven't tried the Android app yet.

1. Sometimes downloading seems to be slow / down / overloaded servers, not sure what's the actual cause, but tried it with and without a download manager using Chrome.

2. Firmware availability limitation in SamFirm / Samsung Server seems to be also present here (ex. SM-G930A / G935A unavailable). Suppose not much can be done about it since Samsung is simply not serving it up.

3. Would be helpful to have each file designated as HOME or FACTORY depending on the type of firmware package. Factory version is much more preferred/useful.

Overall a great looking, and informative website.

'tsit for now,
BillA

Last edited:

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
Interesting project ... and now here's some constructive criticism, obviously meant in good faith for possible improvements. ;)
Pertains to the website, since I haven't tried the Android app yet.

1. Sometimes downloading seems to be slow / down / overloaded servers, not sure what's the actual cause, but tried it with and without a download manager using Chrome.

2. Firmware availability limitation in SamFirm / Samsung Server seems to be also present here (ex. SM-G930A / G935A unavailable). Suppose not much can be done about it since Samsung is simply not serving it up.

3. Would be helpful to have each file designated as HOME or FACTORY depending on the type of firmware package. Factory version is much more preferred/useful.

Overall a great looking, and informative website.

'tsit for now,
BillA
Thanks, your feedback is very graceful :D

1. Yup, we're fixing this right now. Can you try again actually? How is it running now?

2. Unfortunately at the moment, not much we can do...since Samsung themselves doesn't even have it.

3. I'll let @zxz0O0 answer this one...

---------- Post added at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

BTW, we launched an update to our Android app yesterday - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=samsungupdate.com&hl=en

Last edited:
Reactions: billa

zxz0O0

Apr 18, 2011
The factory version includes the PIT file and wipes the user data. We are downloading the home version from Samsung, which is a simply update without wipe. For the latest devices, Samsung merged the home and factory version. You can recognize those firmwares, because the file ends with "_fac.zip". Inside the zip you can then choose to flash the home or factory csc.

Why do you think the factory version is preferred?

Toby0897

Aug 8, 2012
nice site and great support for the S5, even has new zealand firmwares, i cant really download firmwares from samfirmware as its just too slow but your site is great

EDIT: just a suggestion but a desktop app would be brilliant with the ability to detect your phone in a similar manner that kies does and give a list of firmwares for that region, and possibly the option of downloading firmwares for other regions

Last edited:

peterjitg

Apr 26, 2016
Seattle
updato.com
nice site and great support for the S5, even has new zealand firmwares, i cant really download firmwares from samfirmware as its just too slow but your site is great

EDIT: just a suggestion but a desktop app would be brilliant with the ability to detect your phone in a similar manner that kies does and give a list of firmwares for that region, and possibly the option of downloading firmwares for other regions
Hi Toby,

Thanks bud! Glad to hear! We're continuing to improve the platform with each day. A desktop app is something to think about, but our focus right now is to polish up the site. Let me know if you got any other suggestions and/or questions.

mkoyskip

Mar 13, 2011
[QUOTE="peterjitg, post: 67715129, member: 7435428"]Happy to hear! Here if you need anything.[/QUOTE] You Rock! Only wish I'd found this before a few weeks ago before I spent ### on SM (no offense to them, only expensive - rather throw U the ### instead) Sorry ahead of time as I whipped through this thread = my only unasked opinion would be to add the 3 digit country code to the description as many look the same..

can't remember how to add images (dropbox doesn't work) so I'll just list my latest...

- G935FXXU1APF2_G935FOJV1APF1_LYS
- G935FXXU1APF2_G935FOJV1APF1_XFE
- G935FXXU1APF2_G935FOJV1APF1_XSG

All have the same firmware/etc but different CSC/etc - wouldn't it be helpful to include this info during current postings? Just a thought...

Also have various images/firmware of others but still difficult to post these as the baseband/CSC/etc are different for everybody... Perhaps we can try to coordinate this to help ALL of us? Again, I may be just a dumbass also..