Upg to 1.13 WWE ROM (with 1.13 Radio) in 10 easy steps!

Search This thread

anonymouse

Feb 27, 2006
Sorry.. Quite a newbie here.. Just a question regarding as to how to use the radio on my xda o2 mini.

Base on my device information the following are the versions currently installed on my phone:
ROM version: 1.12.00 WWE
ROM date: 05/28/05
Radio version: 1.14.00
Protocol version: 1337.45
ExtROM version: 1.12.921 WWE

Do I need to install an application so that I could use the radio functionality?

Thanks!

jefke2

May 22, 2007
Hey, you've got radio version 1.14 ? I've never seen anything beyond version 1.13 ... Anyway, the radio we're talking about isn't about any built-in fm radio, but just the gsm/bluetooth module ...

Greetz

Mehroz

May 19, 2008
Help Me.........

Hi all, please help me..
i have dopod 818d, I want ROM image for em in English.
please................

metalbug

Apr 6, 2007
Sorry.. Quite a newbie here.. Just a question regarding as to how to use the radio on my xda o2 mini.

Base on my device information the following are the versions currently installed on my phone:
ROM version: 1.12.00 WWE
ROM date: 05/28/05
Radio version: 1.14.00
Protocol version: 1337.45
ExtROM version: 1.12.921 WWE

Do I need to install an application so that I could use the radio functionality?

Thanks!

hey man!
we need the 1.14 new radio...
can you send me?

HinduAryan

Sep 11, 2007
HAIL to kta .. My XDA mini lost its GSM "NO GSM" solved the problem by just loading magicianradio_1.13.00_maupgrade_941.zip provided by kta...Thanks buddy..my XDA has a new life...

p12a

Jul 6, 2006
Jakarta
Nice updates to this mini...
anyway, im still using the original version firmware, and find it perfectly running through my days.

But is there anything new, you all pros can tell me on those new upgrades, especially regarding on that radio version which much talked about through the pages...

Up to the last pages, i found out that, the latest Radio version is 1.14 and what improvements are actually exist on this new radio version, also what's new with the latest firmware?

Is it like my mini can run faster or what?

What about a RAM upgrade? Any possible action on it?
I'd like to have a 128Mb RAM ^_^

thanks to all pros and friends...

bobeboston

Jul 23, 2008
I just finished upgrading from Qtek 1.11 WWE Big Storage ROM to T-Mob 1.13 WWE Big Storage (with 1.13 Radio). Since the information available on the forum is spread over many threads, I thought I would amalgamate everything here ...

NB: ampda_How_To_PPC_Upgrades_V1.pdf (attached) tells you how to use ALL the tools I mention ... thanks to ampda for this useful write-up!

Before you start:

a) Take full backup of your PPC on SD using Sprite Backup or any other 3rd party app.

b) Take copy of SD on PC

Now for the ROM upgrade ...

1. Take backup of existing ROM (mine was BigStorage 1.11) on SD using romupdate.exe (attached) - Sec. 4 in PDF

2. Convert ROM (now on SD after step 1) to PC using ntrw ver2.0 (attached) - Sec. 5in PDF

3. Install 1.13 T-Mob NL WWE ROM (from ftp ... ftp://xda:[email protected]/Magician/Shipped_ROMS/NL_11300_131_11200.exe) using MaUpgradeUt_noID (attached)

4. Follow on-screen instructions and reset device just before installing customisations (to make extended ROM accessible)

5. Copy Extended ROM to PC (for later use) using Windows Explorer

6. Install 1.13 Radio using MagicianRadio_1.13.00.zip from FTP (attached).

This will hard rerset again so make sure you press the reset before T-Mob customisation starts.

7. Repeat steps 3 and 4 to create an nb1 file of your new 1.13 ROM on PC

8. Open your new nb1 file with a Hex editor (download the latest FREE version from http://www.hhdsoftware.com/hexeditor.html), locate the 02 00 00 80 00 20 and change 80 00 to b8 01 (at 3 locations in this version of ROM - not just 2)

9. Transfer your new ROM to SD card using ntrw ver 2.0 - Step 7 in PDF

10. Dump your new Big Storage ROM onto your Magician - Step 8 in PDF

You will note that after step 10 your Magician will take a VEEEERY LONG time to boot the first time. This is normal.

Install any required Extended ROM programs from the folder created in step 5 above. To install these CAB files just copy them anywhere on your PPC and click once to install.

Enjoy!
Hello KTA,
I am a newbie and i don't know whether upgrading the ROM to the version you explained above will change the language of my German xda O2 device to English? I really want to change the language.

Secondly, I don't know whether this link you posted ftp://xda:[email protected]/Mag..._131_11200.exe is actually and English ROM, because i am looking for Ricardo's English Rom to change the language of my device from German to English.

I have looked everywhere, and all those rappidshare links don't work. Please can you upload some of those ROMs i can use to change my language of my device and still maintain an UNLOCKED SIM? Please i need it. Can anybody help me out here too?

Thank you guys in advance. I am in Cameroo and i need an universal sim phone.

kenji101

Jul 29, 2008
pls don't put your plain mail address on the board, consider a PM for sharing that kind of info.

The 1.13 rom I got on my 4Sahred is indeed WWE. You can download it if you like, link on the bottom of my signature.

Best regards,

M

thanks... downloading it now..

one question, how do i fix my imate jam, it hard reset every time i remove the battery or change sim..

Lucky_73

Jan 3, 2008
Roma
Italian's ROM

Sorry for my English ......
I installed on my Imate Jam your ROM, congratulations! excellent work!.
A question. You can get in Italian?
Thank you