[UPG]USPL for ELFIN - Only for the brave ones

Search This thread

djvw

Nov 29, 2005
Hi everybody,

I made up a new version of pof's USPL for ELFIN based on SPL 2.20.0000. You should be able to flash SPL in the third step now.
Why a new version? Because USPL v1 is only for ELF (64/128MB), but not for ELFIN (128/256MB). Flashing the old ELF SPL in step three on a new ELFIN used to brick your device.

EDIT:
You can find the working release in the following thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=1964159#post1964159

Thanks to everybody who was willing to test this!

Last edited:

Noonski

Inactive Recognized Developer / Moderator Emeritus
Apr 18, 2005
Amsterdam
noonski.nl
Tempting, tempting.

I still haven't reproduced that weird blue screen i once had on my ELF.

But like i just wrote i got's me an ELF.

Good luck finding resourcefull Gamblers.

If there's no luck just start a Donation round for a Bricked Device Garantee ;)

shael

Sep 13, 2007
Toronto
ummmmm i just used to use the old uspl v1 and exit after step 3 than flash my rom, if you guys are really keen on testing this my new elfin will be here today or on monday and i will try it with my old one just to piss of rogers

djvw

Nov 29, 2005
ummmmm i just used to use the old uspl v1 and exit after step 3 than flash my rom, if you guys are really keen on testing this my new elfin will be here today or on monday and i will try it with my old one just to piss of rogers

This is the kind of brave people we need ;-) Please test it and tell us if it's working as soon as you can. Thank you in advance!

jamezco

May 3, 2007
what ??? the UPSL 1.0 is for Elf only and not Elfin ??? what i dont understand is what do you guys mean quit at step 3 ??? I flashed my Elfin with UPSL 1.0 with all steps for more than 6 times so far and nothing has happen so far ... my SPL is the 2.20.2000 one ...

Bimme

Sep 11, 2007
Bad Dürkheim
@jamezco:
that´s wrong.
You flashed those roms containing the USPL (start.bat). They automaticly quit the 3rd step and go directly to the Rom Utility to flash the new ROM.

If you use POF´s USPL v1 and you don´t quit after step 3, the patched Bootloader will be flashed from your devices RAM to the ROM, and this wil brick your ELFin. If you have done this, your actual IPL or SPL would be 1.11.xxx...

STRAFALCIONE

Jan 22, 2008
Sorry: could someone explain me whether it is strictly needed to use the USPL unlock (the one are treated in this post) to flash the PDA?

I mean: the bootloader in the rom package is not able to do that?

Bimme

Sep 11, 2007
Bad Dürkheim
as far as i know this is not possible, cause you can´t access bootloader files...in bootloader mode.
same on pc, you can´t delete or replace files, which are open/inuse by another program...

Bimme

Sep 11, 2007
Bad Dürkheim
Sorry: could someone explain me whether it is strictly needed to use the USPL unlock (the one are treated in this post) to flash the PDA?

I mean: the bootloader in the rom package is not able to do that?

The Rom Packages u can get here don´t contain a bootloader...and even if they would, the bootloader or the rom would have to match your model ID for flashing it to your device....so yes, it´s stricktly needed to CID unlock to flash Custom ROMs or ROMs with other vendor IDs.

Last edited:

mb286

Dec 27, 2006
Hi all, not that i think myself insane but i have tried the USPL for my Elfin 128/256 Touch a few days ago :D. I have followed the steps and the screen turned white as mentioned by the installer after that it booted up fine again.

Everything seems to be working fine!

However, i have not seen any change to the device..

ciberus

Sep 14, 2006
Madrid
server3.foros.net
Hi all, not that i think myself insane but i have tried the USPL for my Elfin 128/256 Touch a few days ago :D. I have followed the steps and the screen turned white as mentioned by the installer after that it booted up fine again.

Everything seems to be working fine!

However, i have not seen any change to the device..

You don't see any change in the device.... but if USPL works you can flash ANY rom from bootloader directly executing RomUpdateUyility, you don`t need to boot windows, activesync and white screen (temporary SuperCID) to flash, try.....

Go to RUU directory and execute RomUpdateUtlity instead of RUN.bat and see if you can flash any rom without 3% (corrupted) error....

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone