Upgrade ATT LG G6 to pie

Search This thread

jolycu

Jun 15, 2008
I bought a used ATT LG G6 on Ebay to replace the LG G6 my husband is using. The only thing is, it's still on android 7, Nougat. My husband's current LG G6 is on Pie, and I would like to upgrade the new one to that, but OTA update says it is current and no update available. I tried to use LG Bridge and it says it can't check the software version. I found some instructions to use LG UP but it was something about using CDMA software and I know that won't work. I haven't found anything yet for GSM, so maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I guess we could leave it on nougat but there's some apps he uses that won't work on that software. I'm also leery about it being unsafe without some newer security patches.

TIA for anyone who can help me.

James101

Jan 4, 2013
I bought a used ATT LG G6 on Ebay to replace the LG G6 my husband is using. The only thing is, it's still on android 7, Nougat. My husband's current LG G6 is on Pie, and I would like to upgrade the new one to that, but OTA update says it is current and no update available. I tried to use LG Bridge and it says it can't check the software version. I found some instructions to use LG UP but it was something about using CDMA software and I know that won't work. I haven't found anything yet for GSM, so maybe I'm not looking in the right place. I'm hoping someone here can point me in the right direction. I guess we could leave it on nougat but there's some apps he uses that won't work on that software. I'm also leery about it being unsafe without some newer security patches.

TIA for anyone who can help me.
To get the update, you need an active att sim, borrow one, then update. If it tells you to wait 24hrs or something like that, then change the date forward in the settings.

jolycu

Jun 15, 2008
To get the update, you need an active att sim, borrow one, then update. If it tells you to wait 24hrs or something like that, then change the date forward in the settings.
Thanks James101. I tried it with an ATT prepaid sim and it wouldn't. work. It just says "your device is up-to-date."