How To Guide Upgrade Lenovo Xiaoxin P11 Pro 2021 to ZUI 14 via OTA (TB-J716F)

Search This thread

gabriel6891

Feb 20, 2018
Upgrade Lenovo Xiaoxin P11 Pro 2021 to ZUI 14 via OTA (TB-J716F)

!!! ATTENTION !!!
I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO THE DEVICE, USE AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Check list:
1. Have the tablet Lenovo Xiaoxin P11 Pro 2021 (TB-J716F)
2. Stock ROM
3. Bootloader locked
4. All available OTAs installed, if you don't have it you can use the VPN described below until you get to 14.0.127.

How to do it:
1. Install Returnees vpn app
2. Log in using google account in the app
3. Select a free server from the list and connect, I used ShangHai(free)
4. Open System Update and check for Updates, it should show the version 14.0.127
5. Start the download, after starting go back to the VPN and disconnect, so you will have your full speed for the download and won't consume the quota on the VPN app.
6. After finishing the Upgrade, Install Google Services Framework 12 (Android 12+) , so you will get back google services
7. If you don't have play store install through Lenovo App center that comes with the device.

Notes:
1. I didn't lose Widevine L1
2. I'm able now to connect into 5g networks
3. The tablet performance is much better

Thanks to @carlosfla21 and @titos88
Screenshot_20221123-063915.png

Screenshot_20221123-064243.png

Last edited:

devexa

Jan 29, 2016
Ya, I did it, but not working for me, I had flashed rom with erased all option (my misstake)
Man, you put me in doubt, I don't know if I selected the same option too .. How can I know ? Note that I never had to restore my SN, and it is still there. Does this mean that I did not do it ?

When I locked my bootloader I had L1 certificate. A week ago, I discovered that my widevine certificate downgraded to L3 and that the 'OEM CRYPTO API Version' moved to version 15 (it should be on v16) , so I tried to flash ZUI 14 thinking it would fix the problem but no it did not..
I then unlocked the bootloader downgraded back to ZUI 12 .211 , naturally the widevine certificate was still on L3 but the 'OEM CRYPTO API Version' upgraded back to v16 ! , I did all the manual updates up to ZUI13 .560 and I was still on v16. When I upgraded through OTA to ZUI 14 it downgraded back to v15. Locking the bootloader didn't fix the problem either ...

Reactions: thien.nm2905

JhonyJordan

Jan 6, 2023

!!! ATTENTION !!!

Check list:
2. Stock ROM
3. Bootloader locked
4. All available OTAs installed, if you don't have it you can use the VPN described below until you get to 14.0.127.

How to do it:
4. Open System Update and check for Updates, it should show the version 14.0.127
5. Start the download, after starting go back to the VPN and disconnect, so you will have your full speed for the download and won't consume the quota on the VPN app.
6. Depois de terminar a atualização, instale o Google Services Framework 12 (Android 12+) , assim você terá de volta os serviços do Google
7. Se você não tiver a Play Store, instale-a por meio do Lenovo App Center que acompanha o dispositivo.

Notas:
1. Não perdi Widevine L1
2. Agora posso me conectar a redes 5g
3. O desempenho do tablet é muito melhor

Obrigado a @carlosfla21 e @titos88
View attachment 5768251
View attachment 5768253
Poderia fazer o backup da sua ROM atualizada com o QFIL e fazer o upload?

JhonyJordan

Jan 6, 2023
Bom pessoal, consegui fazer a atualização via OTA para ZUI 14 mesmo com bootloader desbloqueado seguindo as instruções. A ZUI 14 é horrivel, você perderá varias funções atualizando para ela como o PC-MODE, a Melhor versão é ZUI 13.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

!!! ATTENTION !!!

Check list:
    2. Stock ROM
    3. Bootloader locked

How to do it:
    6. After finishing the Upgrade, Install Google Services Framework 12 (Android 12+) , so you will get back google services
    7. If you don't have play store install through Lenovo App center that comes with the device.

Notes:
    1. I didn't lose Widevine L1
    2. I'm able now to connect into 5g networks
    3. The tablet performance is much better

Thanks to @carlosfla21 and @titos88
    Screenshot_20221123-063915.png

Screenshot_20221123-064243.png
    Please, can anyone record us a video about Z14 on the TB-J716F ?
    Thank you in advance !!
    Can you share your fpinfo partition? I need yours to compare with mine
    Sure, I hope it helps.
    Does this wipe your internal storage?

It's an incremental update. So , No
    Ya, I did it, but not working for me, I had flashed rom with erased all option (my misstake)
    Man, you put me in doubt, I don't know if I selected the same option too .. How can I know ? Note that I never had to restore my SN, and it is still there. Does this mean that I did not do it ?

When I locked my bootloader I had L1 certificate. A week ago, I discovered that my widevine certificate downgraded to L3 and that the 'OEM CRYPTO API Version' moved to version 15 (it should be on v16) , so I tried to flash ZUI 14 thinking it would fix the problem but no it did not..
    I then unlocked the bootloader downgraded back to ZUI 12 .211 , naturally the widevine certificate was still on L3 but the 'OEM CRYPTO API Version' upgraded back to v16 ! , I did all the manual updates up to ZUI13 .560 and I was still on v16. When I upgraded through OTA to ZUI 14 it downgraded back to v15. Locking the bootloader didn't fix the problem either ...