Upgrade to Android Pie 9 beta rom now W/O unlocking bootloader

Search This thread

IMZihad21

Jul 5, 2014
Dhaka
IMPORTANT: First,you have to update to latest oreo beta rom first. Then updater app will ask to update to pie.

Yeah, you saw that right. we can upgrade to Android 9 pie right now but it's beta version. Although there is no problem I'm facing using it as a daily driver.
And i have locked bootloader.
Although,there is a catch. You might not able to rollback to stable version before Xiaomi release stable pie version because of ARB policy.
Here is the process:
First you must be updated to latest stable version.
Now follow the link below and download the latest Oreo 8.1 beta Recovery rom file:

https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/sakura/

Its important to chose right version between them, or else, it's not going to work.

Now open update from settings, tap on miui10 logo 10 times. You should see more options on three dot menu up right.

Select "Choose Update Package" and select the rom file and install that.
Note: Your all data will be wiped

After successful install, check for update and you should get latest PIE update.
Update it and you are done!
Note: You can't install pie rom directly from stable as Android version is different.

Enjoy latest Android pie in you awesome Redmi 6 Pro until it's stable version released. After release,you can change to stable pie by following same process. You'll get regular update in beta rom as beta rom releases weekly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-02-26-21-00-29-988_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-26-21-00-29-988_com.android.settings.png
    248.9 KB · Views: 796
  • Screenshot_2019-02-26-21-00-33-899_android.png
    Screenshot_2019-02-26-21-00-33-899_android.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 788
Last edited:

IMZihad21

Jul 5, 2014
Dhaka
I see. Maybe they don't allow to flash oreo beta build as it's way too old now.
Nothing to do if you don't unlock then.

IMZihad21

Jul 5, 2014
Dhaka
Here is the latest version running now.
And it's much stable and better than before.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-03-25-16-47-34-687_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-25-16-47-34-687_com.android.settings.png
    166.9 KB · Views: 144
  • Screenshot_2019-03-25-16-47-27-069_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-03-25-16-47-27-069_com.android.settings.png
    150.2 KB · Views: 144
Reactions: ananxd

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    IMPORTANT: First,you have to update to latest oreo beta rom first. Then updater app will ask to update to pie.

Yeah, you saw that right. we can upgrade to Android 9 pie right now but it's beta version. Although there is no problem I'm facing using it as a daily driver.
    And i have locked bootloader.
    Although,there is a catch. You might not able to rollback to stable version before Xiaomi release stable pie version because of ARB policy.
    Here is the process:
    First you must be updated to latest stable version.
    Now follow the link below and download the latest Oreo 8.1 beta Recovery rom file:

https://mirom.ezbox.idv.tw/en/phone/sakura/

Its important to chose right version between them, or else, it's not going to work.

Now open update from settings, tap on miui10 logo 10 times. You should see more options on three dot menu up right.

Select "Choose Update Package" and select the rom file and install that.
    Note: Your all data will be wiped

After successful install, check for update and you should get latest PIE update.
    Update it and you are done!
    Note: You can't install pie rom directly from stable as Android version is different.

Enjoy latest Android pie in you awesome Redmi 6 Pro until it's stable version released. After release,you can change to stable pie by following same process. You'll get regular update in beta rom as beta rom releases weekly.
    Bro it shows to flash by fastboot because android version is different from that of recovery package.

---------- Post added at 06:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:13 AM ----------

I meaning this : lower miui version have pie.
    No . 9 is the beta miui 10 version
    Here is the latest version running now.
    And it's much stable and better than before.
    I dont understand miui versions.

In miui 10.2.4 is oreo 8

In miui 9 is pie 9.

Why ?

Beta rom build number is given this way by xiaomi..
    Like 9.3.21 means
    9 for 2019
    3 for march &
    21 is the release date.

As far as I know