Upgrade to Android Wear 2.0

Search This thread

mattix_96

Nov 7, 2016
I'm very happy to notice ufficially that sony smartwatch 3 will recive Android Wear 2.0

this is the e-mail text..

Dear Matteo,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre, regarding your SmartWatch 3.

We can confirm that the Smartwatch 3 will receive Android Wear 2 update. However, Android Wear has been delayed into early 2017.

We hope that you find this information useful.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Andrew

Sony Xperia UK Customer Services

Contact Us | Legal
Copyright © 2012 Sony Mobile Communications Inc. All rights reserved

Sony Mobile - Make Believe

[THREAD ID:1-D2R405S]

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 05/11/2016 14:35:12
To: [email protected]
Subject: mail Question to support

Phone model:
IMEI:

Sony Smartwatch 3 will recive Android Wear 2.0?

KOAO

Oct 10, 2010
This is Great! I just picked up a Sony Smartwatch 3 not too long along.

DWULTIMATE

Apr 18, 2016
Sony Smart watch update

Hello. I emailed sony and they told me that they can't confirm whether the sony Smartwatch 3 will get Android wear.

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre.

We appreciate your interest in the android wear 2.0 update unfortunatly we currently do not have confirmation as to which smartware devices will be receiving this.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

If you require any further assistance then please do not hesitate to contact us again. Please use the below link for all our contact information.

Please be aware that should you not respond within 5 days of this email your query will be automatically closed. Any further communications will not reach our support and a new query will need to be raised.

Kind Regards,
Catherine

---------- Post added at 01:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 PM ----------

Hi. The post I put up earlier shows that Sony can't tell us whether they will update the smartwatch. Could someone find a way to confirm that the watch will be updated so that I could by one

sheridan2000

Dec 12, 2009
Unfortunately until it's officially confirmed individual emails from various members of customers services are likely to say different things.
Even official posts on Twitter or other social media site still do not guarantee android 2 on the swr50.
It's just a waiting game and fingers crossed...love my watch as it is now and yes aw2 would be nice but I did not buy it with that in mind....
What I also find suspicious is that aw2 is already out in preview mode for other watch phones yet nothing for swr50.
Not a good sign....But enjoy your watch now.

EximusCode

Dec 17, 2015
android central also posted the list, no AW2.0 for SW3..

http://www.androidcentral.com/these-are-smartwatches-will-get-android-wear-20

:crying:
oh well, time to save up for something else and move on. It's been great SW3, but it looks like your time on my wrist is almost at an end. Note to self - you're not buying a watch, you're buying a phone accessory, so expect to replace it as often as your phone.

On one hand. Getting AW2.0 would be good to keep the device alive. BUT... All or most of the AW2.0 Dev Previews were for ROUND devices and the UI looks to be made around that form factor. And the SWr50 is Square... I think AW1.5 better suits SWr50 more that AW2.0.

EximusCode

Dec 17, 2015
Yea, but square ZW2 are getting it.

Good point. Also, the sources that told you which devices are getting AW2.0 can't confirm anything... They can only go off what information they have. As Sony hasn't given anything, we just have to wait and see. Them not putting the SWr50 on the list is just lack of information for the time being.

sirrelevant

Nov 25, 2013
On one hand. Getting AW2.0 would be good to keep the device alive. BUT... All or most of the AW2.0 Dev Previews were for ROUND devices and the UI looks to be made around that form factor. And the SWr50 is Square... I think AW1.5 better suits SWr50 more that AW2.0.

No, they added round screen lists, they didn't take square away. Square watches won't have round menus.

Zen 2 and M600 are getting 2.0, anyway.

adakaya1994

Dec 30, 2010
İstanbul
Well..

Attachments

• Ada.png
    Ada.png
    103.5 KB · Views: 2,511

Menomis

Dec 23, 2016
I've just shared sony's reply about update as an attachment. Answer is not telling much anyway..

Yeah, I think it's best to get in contact with the technical department or something because I guess the people in charge of the commercial aspect (twitter/FB) will probably say something like that " Wait for the notification to appear " even tho they don't know much about current or future firmware developing of android wear.

nexus_ctOS

Jun 27, 2014
Yeah, I think it's best to get in contact with the technical department or something because I guess the people in charge of the commercial aspect (twitter/FB) will probably say something like that " Wait for the notification to appear " even tho they don't know much about current or future firmware developing of android wear.
Exactly

cjkiller

Apr 9, 2014
Just to add my thoughts.... The sony z3 had an android 7.0 beta but was never released with sony saying it couldn't because it did not meet googles hardware rules. Specifically support for opengl 3.0 or vulkon. I wonder if its the same for the smartwaches as they will be upgraded to 7.1. I know the sw3 has opengl 2.0 but not sure what each watch on the list has.(Apart from nixon and moto sport have opengl 3.0). Any way if its not that then maybe something similar.

bzamy

Dec 21, 2007
Android wear 2.0

Bonjour
Voici la réponse reçu par Sony France...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161223-110426_1_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20161223-110426_1_1.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 2,141
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There's a hope for us to get AW 2.0, the Source of AW 2.0 Preview 2 is there and device trees exist already for our devices so when I come back (in a Month maybe) I will try my best to make AW 2.0 possible for our devices as I've paid 170€ for it and won't let it die so easily

Let's see who's better Google ;)

This is the device tree, thanks Protodevan0 for that:
    https://github.com/PDesire/device_tree_sony_tetra

Missing are blobs, that's it, and Gapps I will use from Huawei Watch with same FW.

The blobs we can extract from Asteroid OS and self dump

Your PDesire
    I'm very happy to notice ufficially that sony smartwatch 3 will recive Android Wear 2.0

this is the e-mail text..

Dear Matteo,

Thank you for contacting the Sony Xperia support centre, regarding your SmartWatch 3.

We can confirm that the Smartwatch 3 will receive Android Wear 2 update. However, Android Wear has been delayed into early 2017.

We hope that you find this information useful.

For the latest news, information and product support please visit

Kind Regards,
    Andrew

Contact Us | Legal
    Copyright © 2012 Sony Mobile Communications Inc. All rights reserved

Sony Mobile - Make Believe

[THREAD ID:1-D2R405S]

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: 05/11/2016 14:35:12
    To: [email protected]

Phone model:
    IMEI:

Sony Smartwatch 3 will recive Android Wear 2.0?
    Here we can vote to make some presure on Sony to do something:

https://www.change.org/p/sony-andro...utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink

Best regards..
    There's a hope for us to get AW 2.0, the Source of AW 2.0 Preview 2 is there and device trees exist already for our devices so when I come back (in a Month maybe) I will try my best to make AW 2.0 possible for our devices as I've paid 170€ for it and won't let it die so easily

Missing are blobs, that's it, and Gapps I will use from Huawei Watch with same FW.

Your PDesire

Will soon start with the builds, but idk if I get it managed by my own so I need your help guys

First: I need the system image of Huawei Watch or any other watch based on AW2.0 preview 2

Second: I am not sure but maybe I will need help and a bit discussion about AW2.0 SW3 project so if you want to help me contact me on telegram here: https://t.me/PDesire

I hope I get some help because this is a very big project. We are doing something Google and Sony haven't made yet so help would be appreciated.

Your PDesire

Your PDesire
    Make it TWO developers working to port AW2.0
    well, if we are both free that is.