• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Upgraded to Android Pie and the Finder cannot search installed apps

Search This thread

otorabi

Feb 2, 2008
Hi
I installed a lot of apps and it is very hard to find it on the home screen.
So I normally use the Finder to find the apps for me. However, since upgrade to Pie, It does not work anymore. The installed not show in the result.

I tried to search and find the setting but no luck
Please help.
thank you in advance

Max_Terrible

Jun 10, 2009
Hi
So I normally use the Finder to find the apps for me. However, since upgrade to Pie, It does not work anymore. The installed not show in the result.

Please help.
thank you in advance

I use a third party launcher, and I don't have too many apps installed, so I can't relate to your situation. I'm just curious, what exactly is it you wanted us to help with? What are we supposed to do to make it work properly for you again? Let's say it was a feature that Samsung removed, like they did so many others; what were we supposed to do to make your life easier, again?

paulonpinheiro

Apr 25, 2007
If you are using a Samsung smartphone, you must install all 3 Bixby upgrades in Samsung/Galaxy Store in order to continue using Finder to find apps.

Fargn

Apr 5, 2019
If you are using a Samsung smartphone, you must install all 3 Bixby upgrades in Samsung/Galaxy Store in order to continue using Finder to find apps.

When I go to the Play Store, there are a lot more than three Bixby apps available. Which ones do I have to upgrade?

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

Hi

Please help.
thank you in advance

I've installed another launcher that has a working search. I may downgrade to Oreo, which always worked fine for me.

Chadydahc

Apr 28, 2017
Hi

Please help.
thank you in advance
Check to see if you hid it in the Samsung home launcher. That fixed it for me.

home screen settings > hide apps > remove hidden apps

Reactions: iceepyon

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi

Please help.
    thank you in advance
    Check to see if you hid it in the Samsung home launcher. That fixed it for me.

home screen settings > hide apps > remove hidden apps