Upgraded to STABLE Android 12 One UI 4? How's it going?

Search This thread

trveller72

Nov 2, 2009
Dublin
OnePlus X
Nokia 7 Plus
- Exynos
- Unbranded (OXM/ROM)
- Updated via OTA
- Dirty flash
- Issues: none, as far as I can tell in 24 hours
- What you like: can't see much difference, though I am using Nova launcher (prime). When my Pixel 4a updated to A12, the difference was massive, but on Samsung not much. Notifications seems to be smaller and neather and you get the new Google widgets.
I am not using many applications from Samsung so I cannot comment on those (gallery, notes, calendar, dialler, etc.)

emko7

Sep 5, 2010
I'm not enjoying it at all.

- Phone feels hot and slow
- A bunch of my app shortcuts disappeared from all of my home screens
- FX file explorer can no longer browse Android/data directory
- Dual messenger has completely stopped working for Facebook and Facebook messenger

Leon

Dec 31, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S9+
Redmi Note 9
I discovered what caused the hot temperature. Yesterday my phone hit 45C, without any heavy tasks. Turns out, the problem came when I used mobile data with 120HZ mode. When I stiched to 60HZ, the temperature settle to normal. I have already sent feedback on Samsung, but if anyone has the same issue, I think is better to report.

Reactions: ptko15

icem237

Aug 29, 2010
- Snapdragon
- Unlocked on Verizon
- Updated via OTA today 01/19/2022
- Issues: Everything seems smooth.

5g came back on it's own.

Last edited:

hayabusa1300cc

Jun 8, 2007
HOUSTON TEXAS
www.facebook.com
I have unlocked on TMO Sprint.
Weird issue started today. This morning phone showed the toast message that my SIM was changed and phone will be automatically restarted. Well it didn't, and I manually restarted.

Upon restart, I was connected to wifi, but not connected to TMO network until I disconnected from wifi. I was at the time texting and I called my sister before and after I restarted to make sure I had the same number. Even most of the day, dialing voicemail did not reach my voicemail.

Ever since, my phone has been periodically disconnecting from TMO.

I discovered what caused the hot temperature. Yesterday my phone hit 45C, without any heavy tasks. Turns out, the problem came when I used mobile data with 120HZ mode. When I stiched to 60HZ, the temperature settle to normal. I have already sent feedback on Samsung, but if anyone has the same issue, I think is better to report.
This was great to read and find out. I was thinking it was just me. I changed mine to 60Hz and it was almost immediate temperature change. Thanks!

Reactions: Leon

EliDevp

Jul 11, 2016
Hi can you help me with guidelines to upgrade to android 12? I'm using Note 20 ultra n985f/ds. It was previously a Live demo unit but is now fully functional on android 10. My csc is OXM WWD... looking forward to your help

Also I'd like to know which is better, should I just change my csc so I can receive the push for update via OTA or just follow a guideline for flashing with Odin, thanks in advance

EDIT: I've upgraded to android 12 via odin flash and currently using it.

Last edited:

[email protected]|-|oR

Sep 4, 2012
Šabac
HTC One X
HTC Desire
I'm curious to know from those who updated/flashed to the STABLE (NOT BETA, please!), how is your phone working so far? Do you have any issues? Were the issues from the BETA resolved?

Format: (So that it's easier for people to associate with their device)

- Model: Snapdragon/Exynos
- Openline or Branded
- Updated via OTA or Flashed
- Dirty flash or FULL reset?
- Issues:
- What do you like/dislike:

Your post will greatly help the community.
Exynos
Openline
OTA
Dirty flash

No issues at all. As a fact of the matter, I didn't notice any real changes in day-to-day use.

EliDevp

Jul 11, 2016
Found the solution for those with overheating after upgrading to android 12

You just have to uninstall the update of Google Play Services.

1) Settings>Security>Device Admin Apps>Deactivate Find my device app

2) Settings>Apps>See all apps>Google Play Services>click on right top corner>Uninstall updates

3) Settings>Security>Device Admin Apps>Activate Find my device app

Everything will work as desired right away.

It looks like the update of Google Play Services is making majority of Google apps unusable.

Hopefully Google Team will resolve this issue ASAP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    -Exynos
    -Unbranded
    -Flashed with Odin (Switzerland firmware)
    -No issues detected

I generally like the new animations, the new popup PiP design (rounded corner and possibility of resizing the window), battery life seems to be as good as before. The possiiblity of making AoD turn on when receiving a notification is nice and resembles the old Motorola active display feature. New Pro Mode layour for camera is better. I also enjoy the integration of the same animation for loading screen system wide, it's a nice touch even though I think the animation itself could be better. The gesture system from Google (Swipe from sides and bottom) now is usable with a 3rd party launcher, though it's still a bit clunky.
    The only thing I dislike is the brightness bar in the notification tray which is now "tall" all the time and takes more space.
    I must say that I didn't notice any particular difference coming from the second Beta (for Exynos there were only 2 beta releases), the first one was a bit clunky but the second was already well cooked. As far as I've seen there are no new issues introduced with this release, the 2 I knew of that were introducd with Android 11 still stand: Samsung gestures (swipe from bottom, the 3 way one) don't work as smoothly as in Android 10 because the recents gesture is not interactive and triggers only on finger release, the "currently playing" notification in the tray sometimes resets (when you reboot for instance it appears showing the last thing you were listening to).
    Overall I'm happy about the update, it's a minor one for sure but they succeeded in not screwing up.
    I'm curious to know from those who updated/flashed to the STABLE (NOT BETA, please!), how is your phone working so far? Do you have any issues? Were the issues from the BETA resolved?

Format: (So that it's easier for people to associate with their device)

- Model: Snapdragon/Exynos
    - Openline or Branded
    - Updated via OTA or Flashed
    - Dirty flash or FULL reset?
    - Issues:
    - What do you like/dislike:

Your post will greatly help the community.
    Hopefully carriers will start pushing the Android 12/One UI 4 update for the Note 20/Ultra OTA this upcoming week. The S21 on VZW pushed it OTA the same day as the European roll out, so maybe its not too far behind for US carrier branded Note models.
    -Exynos -Unbranded -Flashed with Odin (Switzerland firmware) -No issues detected I generally like the new animations, the new popup PiP design (rounded corner and possibility of resizing the window), battery life seems to be as good as before. The possiiblity of making AoD turn on when receiving a notification is nice and resembles the old Motorola active display feature. New Pro Mode layour for camera is better. I also enjoy the integration of the same animation for loading screen system wide, it's a nice touch even though I think the animation itself could be better. The gesture system from Google (Swipe from sides and bottom) now is usable with a 3rd party launcher, though it's still a bit clunky. The only thing I dislike is the brightness bar in the notification tray which is now "tall" all the time and takes more space. I must say that I didn't notice any particular difference coming from the second Beta (for Exynos there were only 2 beta releases), the first one was a bit clunky but the second was already well cooked. As far as I've seen there are no new issues introduced with this release, the 2 I knew of that were introducd with Android 11 still stand: Samsung gestures (swipe from bottom, the 3 way one) don't work as smoothly as in Android 10 because the recents gesture is not interactive and triggers only on finger release, the "currently playing" notification in the tray sometimes resets (when you reboot for instance it appears showing the last thing you were listening to). Overall I'm happy about the update, it's a minor one for sure but they succeeded in not screwing up.

I guess the Swiss version won't work with BTU?
    Awesome thank you. Next task to work on is how to root it. And get this bootloader unlocked officially.