upgrading 2.3.3 to 4.03

Search This thread

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Are you rooted? If not, you need to root first with the Advanced Ace Hack Kit by attn1 (it's not here; you will need to Google for it). More detailed instructions are in post #7 of the Ace Think Tank thread linked in my signature. If you are rooted with a custom recovery, just backup, full wipe, and flash it from recovery.

Reactions: JeromeSama

bananagranola

Jul 11, 2012
tuxreview.wordpress.com
Okay wait , so in order to upgrade to 4.0.4 i need to flash a rom and not like doing some stuff for it ?

What do you mean by doing some stuff for it? Sorry, I think I didn't originally grasp how in-depth of an explanation you wanted. In the terminology I understand, yes, you just need to flash a ROM.

1. Download the ROM of your choice; for non-Sense I like aospX from the Inspire 4G Dev forums. Save it in the sdcard in a place you remember.
2. Boot into recovery. You can do this by rebooting and holding power and volume-down, then navigating to recovery with the volume buttons and selecting it with the power button. Or, if you have it as an option when you long-press on the power button, just select recovery.
3. In your recovery, back up your current setup. Different recoveries differ in the exact settings, but find backup and do it.
4. In your recovery, find the wipe options. Wipe /system, /data, and /cache. Note that factory reset means to wipe data and cache only.
5. In your recovery, find the install/flash options. Navigate to the ROM you downloaded and select it. Wait for it to install.
6. Reboot.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Okay wait , so in order to upgrade to 4.0.4 i need to flash a rom and not like doing some stuff for it ?

What do you mean by doing some stuff for it? Sorry, I think I didn't originally grasp how in-depth of an explanation you wanted. In the terminology I understand, yes, you just need to flash a ROM.

1. Download the ROM of your choice; for non-Sense I like aospX from the Inspire 4G Dev forums. Save it in the sdcard in a place you remember.
    2. Boot into recovery. You can do this by rebooting and holding power and volume-down, then navigating to recovery with the volume buttons and selecting it with the power button. Or, if you have it as an option when you long-press on the power button, just select recovery.
    3. In your recovery, back up your current setup. Different recoveries differ in the exact settings, but find backup and do it.
    4. In your recovery, find the wipe options. Wipe /system, /data, and /cache. Note that factory reset means to wipe data and cache only.
    5. In your recovery, find the install/flash options. Navigate to the ROM you downloaded and select it. Wait for it to install.
    6. Reboot.
    Are you rooted? If not, you need to root first with the Advanced Ace Hack Kit by attn1 (it's not here; you will need to Google for it). More detailed instructions are in post #7 of the Ace Think Tank thread linked in my signature. If you are rooted with a custom recovery, just backup, full wipe, and flash it from recovery.
    Im really sorry about this .

i don't want to flash a new ROM , i want to upgrade my andriod version from 2.3.3 to .4.0.4
    But to upgrade, you need to flash a new ROM. The ROM is the upgrade. Since HTC does not have an official ICS for our phone, the only way to get it is by flashing a custom ROM.
    alright thanks alot ,and sorry if i did frustrate you in any way

No worries. We all start somewhere.
    EDIT: oh, and make sure you update your recovery.