Upgrading from older build to 10581?

Search This thread

loudog3114

Mar 1, 2007
I am on 10166, and I am stuck at 0% downloading. Anyone been able to upgrade to 10581 or is their 'upgrade bug' still there?

kennygza

Oct 29, 2015
Phone not updating to 10581

My phone has been 'updating' to 10581 for last two hours and is still on 0%
any ideas peeps?

x_orange90_x

Oct 28, 2011
The update downloaded okay for me, but it's been at 0% Preparing to install updates for a bit.. Should be fine though. Seems all of the builds have been plagued in some way when it comes to updating. I'm updating from 10536.

Edit: Right as I was writing this post the install failed. It said it couldn't install updates at this time. I rebooted and now it started downloading again. Way to go Microsoft, just like all the rest! ?

Last edited:

riksye

Oct 30, 2015
build 10572

Hi guys, I'm having trouble updating to build 10581 from build 10572, it downloads the udate fine, it takes a while but gets to 100% eventually, but at around 50% on the preparing to install update part it stops and says the update can't be installed at this time we will try again later, error code (0x80070538), I've rebooted and soft reset and also stopped all my background apps and still it's stopping at 50%, I've tried this about 10 times, can someone give me some advice please.

loudog3114

Mar 1, 2007
Hi guys, I'm having trouble updating to build 10581 from build 10572, it downloads the udate fine, it takes a while but gets to 100% eventually, but at around 50% on the preparing to install update part it stops and says the update can't be installed at this time we will try again later, error code (0x80070538), I've rebooted and soft reset and also stopped all my background apps and still it's stopping at 50%, I've tried this about 10 times, can someone give me some advice please.

In other words, they havent fixed the bug. OS sucks.

pvt_nemesis

Dec 23, 2010
Christchurch
MS say you need to use the Recovery Tool and go back to WP8. It is allegedly only occurring on phones originally released with WP8. HOWEVER numerous fellow Lumia 920 users report successful upgrade so I smell some BS in that story. My next step is back-up, hard reset, try to update. If that fails its borrow a PC and Recovery Tool time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Iggy80

souma_rox

Jan 6, 2015
delhi
Xiaomi Poco X3 Pro
Connect ur device to charger it may help
The update was smooth for me download time-45mins spinning gears-1hrs(ya its too long) migrating data and all other things-45 to 50 mins and now m phn is ready to go...... No need to hard reset this build is quite stable

x_orange90_x

Oct 28, 2011
Finally got it installed on my 640. I must say that it is lightening quick compared to 10536. I haven't even reset it yet. As I'm trying to type this though I'm noticing the Swype recognition is not working right. Almost every word it ignores and puts nothing, or it's changing to the wrong words. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: Swype seems to work fine in Messaging, but not In Edge or Facebook app..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MS say you need to use the Recovery Tool and go back to WP8. It is allegedly only occurring on phones originally released with WP8. HOWEVER numerous fellow Lumia 920 users report successful upgrade so I smell some BS in that story. My next step is back-up, hard reset, try to update. If that fails its borrow a PC and Recovery Tool time.