Upgrading Glory Star Nebula 21.5" Tablet to basic Android Rom

Search This thread

kcgo

Dec 5, 2022
Does anyone know why QZ does this after installing on the Echelon tablet? I was able to:

- install QZ on Bluestacks (via the Google Play store)
- extract the APK
- move it to the Echelon tablet
- install it
- update the Battery setting mentioned in earlier posts

The app still won't launch.

View attachment 5780347

I installed Amazon app store and bought the QZ app there and downloaded it directly to the tablet, it works

aaciii

Jan 18, 2022
I installed Amazon app store and bought the QZ app there and downloaded it directly to the tablet, it works
For whatever reason, Amazon appstore won't install for me (from Aptoide). It says installing and then just goes back to the screen wtih an Install button.

(I also paid for QZ already in both the IOS and Google Play store... trying to avoid paying AGAIN!)

aaciii

Jan 18, 2022
For whatever reason, Amazon appstore won't install for me (from Aptoide). It says installing and then just goes back to the screen wtih an Install button.

(I also paid for QZ already in both the IOS and Google Play store... trying to avoid paying AGAIN!)
Well I broke down and installed the Amazon Appstore directly from Amazon's site (rather than thru Aptoide), and forked over another $5 to buy QZ again... it's working now.

keeepinitgansta

May 15, 2007
I didn’t find a solution, but a workaround. I did a factory reset, unlocked the tablet with the usual procedure, then updated echelon. There’s one caveat with this procedure though: whenever you use the echelon app, it hides both the top and the navigation bars on Android, so you need to redo the adb commands to show them again. I was also never able to circumvent the admin script that blocks the wallpaper from being changed.

I couldn't change the wallpaper either despite trying everything so what I ended up doing was replacing the wallpaper with a live wallpaper instead which worked perfectly. This is the app I used to create my own live wallpaper

Reactions: kcgo

Rebel5744

Dec 10, 2022
Can someone please advise. I followed all the steps and code. I was able to remove "guest user" and have no trace of the previous echelon app or admin but I can't seem to download a different version without this error. I've factory reset and gone through the steps many times.

Attachments

• 20221209_203856.jpg
    20221209_203856.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 52
  • 20221209_203905.jpg
    20221209_203905.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 52

aaciii

Jan 18, 2022
Can someone please advise. I followed all the steps and code. I was able to remove "guest user" and have no trace of the previous echelon app or admin but I can't seem to download a different version without this error. I've factory reset and gone through the steps many times.
Read post 532.

Rebel5744

Dec 10, 2022
3. Obtain root access and re-mount the tablet as read/write:

adb root
adb remount

3. Open an ADB shell to the tablet:

adb shell

4. Uninstall the two Echelon pre-installed apps:

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.viatek.fitnation.echelon_android

5. Move the "left-over" files of the apps to a temp folder (this is key - if you don't, then any attempt to re-install a new version will fail):

cd /system
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet .
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet_updater .

None of this did anything for my 5-s-10

aaciii

Jan 18, 2022
3. Obtain root access and re-mount the tablet as read/write:

adb root
adb remount

3. Open an ADB shell to the tablet:

adb shell

4. Uninstall the two Echelon pre-installed apps:

pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater
pm uninstall -k --user 0 com.viatek.fitnation.echelon_android

5. Move the "left-over" files of the apps to a temp folder (this is key - if you don't, then any attempt to re-install a new version will fail):

cd /system
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet .
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet_updater .

None of this did anything for my 5-s-10
This is how you remove the existing Echelon apps so you can install replacement versions.

The reason you get the error you are getting is that the old apps’ files are still there.

Rebel5744

Dec 10, 2022
Post 532 outlines the steps I used to remove the old apps’ files. I had exactly the same issue you did; removing those files allows a new version of the app to then be installed.
I under that, "

cd /system
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet .
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet_updater ."

Doesn't work on ADB for me

aaciii

Jan 18, 2022
I under that, "

cd /system
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet .
mv ../app/ex5s_tablet_updater ."

Doesn't work on ADB for me
You have to execute those commands from a command shell.

aaciii

Jan 18, 2022
You got “read only file system” because you didn’t do all the steps exactly as listed in post 532.

In step 3, you have to get root access and Re-mount the tablet as a read-write file system:

adb root
adb remount

Only THEN should you start the shell, and execute all the commands (pm, etc)

If you are trying to do this from a phone (Samsung) I would advise doing it from a PC or Mac with the command-line ADB tools — the Samsung “adb shell” app likely doesn’t give you all the abilities you need.

Last edited:

kcgo

Dec 5, 2022
Just wanna thank this thread again 👍, finally got everything I need on this Echelon tablet working perfectly including the wallpaper 😁

IMG_1334.jpg

IMG_1336.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

kraulerson

Apr 20, 2010
Was wondering if anyone could help me out for the ex5-s 22" bike I just bought used. I've been able to get into admin mode and have seen that the system is still using android 7.1, and its the rk3288 model. Is there anywhere I can grab a compiled Android 9 ROM to upgrade this to so that I can run some of the apps on there. I've tried requesting support from Glory Star with no response so I'm hoping I can find some help here.

pim42

Oct 13, 2007
Thanks everyone for this awesome thread. I have gone through it and have my bike mostly setup. I have a few questions though:

I have QZ working. I cannot however change any settings. When I am in the app and I click on a setting I don't get a keyboard. The keyboard is popping up as expected in other apps. Any idea how to fix this?

How do I get echBT stats loaded onto the tablet? It is only available in the Google Play store. I don't mind paying for it. I assume I need to download it somewhere where I have the play store, backup the apk, and then copy the apk to the tablet? Any generic guides on how to do this?

I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, Plex, and Youtube (revanced) working. Hulu however won't work. It won't let me login. I see others in this thread have it working. Any tips?

Thanks!

Rebel5744

Dec 10, 2022
You got “read only file system” because you didn’t do all the steps exactly as listed in post 532.

In step 3, you have to get root access and Re-mount the tablet as a read-write file system:

adb root
adb remount

Only THEN should you start the shell, and execute all the commands (pm, etc)

If you are trying to do this from a phone (Samsung) I would advise doing it from a PC or Mac with the command-line ADB tools — the Samsung “adb shell” app likely doesn’t give you all the abilities you need.
okay friend, i got ahold of a computer and it worked. thanks for you patience with me!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    (6174) I FIGURED OUT THE NEW EXIT CODE (6174)

As we all know, the old 1085 code stopped working some time ago, requiring a factory reset in order to exit the stock Echelon app. Well, I decided I was going to reverse engineer my way to figuring out the code for the latest updated version. For any and all who are interested, the new code is...

p.s. if they change it again, it should take me about 10 minutes to find the new code if anybody can provide me with the new .apk
    How do you manage to get to the apk without first getting into the system?
    Or are you saying that the apk published on the Play store has the new code?
    If you boot into recovery, you can access ADB through the OTG USB port on the tablet if you have a USB A-A cable. If you choose to mount system from the tablet menu, you can then connect over ADB, become root (just with su), and mount all the partitions. I mounted the data partition, pulled the installed Echelon APK, and reversed it far enough to find the code.
    I recently purchased an echelon sport-s bike and was able to follow most of the instructions to side-load Peloton but i cant seem to get QZ qdomyos-zwift to work. when the app opens, I get a message saying the app encountered a fatal error, and can't continue. I purchased qdomyos-zwift from the Google Play Store on my phone, then used APK Extractor to transfer the apk to a usb and install in it in the tablet. I'd appreciate any help you guys may be able to provide, thanks.
    I used the amazon app store apk on the tablet and got qz from there instead. It was cheaper in price and it installed and worked flawlessly. You should be able to get a refund from google and purchase it from amazon instead.
    I have a few struggles with the Costco EX-4s+ version of the bike I need a hand with. Also a few observations I thought were worth sharing. A huge thank you to the endless number of helpful posts I've read from you awesome people!

1. The Peloton app randomly freezes in the middle of a ride. I could be 20 minutes into a ride and it just freezes. Other times it works just fine. My wifi signal seems fine. I can't resync the peloton ride up with QZ on my phone (I'm just using my phone) so I basically can't resume the ride which is frustrating. Has anyone else faced Peloton freezing up?

2. Since I get 1 free year of Echelon I've decided to keep Echelon app installed. It keeps asking me to update the software. Is there a downside to me updating this knowing I want to both do Peloton and Echelon and have a choice of which I feel like that day? I kept reading people saying to not do the update for Echelon but I didn't see why that's a problem.

3. I use bluetooth headphones and occasionally I have to go into the settings of android to repair the headphones. Sometimes it works without doing this and other times I have to re-pair. Why is this? I think it might be because I have been pulling the plug from the bike vs. powering off the bike via the tablet buttons/screen. Has anyone else faced this?

4. For some reason my tablet doesn't have any navigation controls. I installed the side swiping app to navigate and that seems to work just fine but it would be nice to have the normal Android navigation on the bottom of the screen. The physical buttons just turn volume up and down and power off but it seems other people use these buttons to navigate? Is there something I can do to improve this?

5. Just wanted to call out that I prefer having QZ on my phone instead of doing split screen. Others seem to want the split screen but I like having a more immersive experience on the bike screen. My phone also rests perfect on the bike handlebars without interfering w/ usage of the bike. In other words, I didn't have to buy something to attach the phone.

6. It seems that some peloton classes don't sync up automatically with QZ. For example the greatest showman themed ride didn't auto-prompt to sync up with the bike. That's the only one I've seen like this and I don't know why. My theory is that it's because it's an older class but that could be incorrect.
    For the sake of anyone else who is new to this thread I thought I'd add some of my experiences doing this recently.

1) Leave yourself a lot of time to do this. You might be a lot better/faster than I was but working through issues and looking up details took several hours of time to get this fully set.

2) Tapping in the bottom right corner (to get to where you can exit Kiosk mode) sometimes only worked after I saw the screen where you choose the bike or the rower and clicked on one (I clicked bike) then I could click in the bottom right. The thing that seemed to indicate if it would work was if you hear a clicking noise when you tap. If it's silent, it wasn't working and then clicking on the bike image, then clicking 5 times in the bottom right corner worked.

3) Until you get the nav buttons back (later in the tutorial) I found the only way to switch apps was to reboot. This wasn't a huge issue but I kept wondering if I was missing something. Turns out I wasn't, there is just a lot of rebooting you will do till you get that part done.

4) The developer options show up in system setting vs about so I had to know to go there.

5) Accessing APKmirror wouldn't work (CloudFlare verification that I was human went in a loop and never let me in) this was a browser issue, I was able to get there later after I had FireFox on the tablet but at that point Aptoid was already installed. I recommend using Aptoid as it makes this easier.

6) After downloading the APKs from Aptoid, I couldn't swipe down to install so I had to use the files app.

7) Accessing the files app was tricky, you needed to go into settings, then select Storage and look down to the option called "files" with a file folder next to it. Tapping on that option brings up the fiels app that you can then select the downloads folder and see the APKs that were downloaded.

8) I used USB with ADB and only the second USB pot worked for me on that (the first one, labeled OTG would not work)

9) When using the ABD commands over USB, you need to add "Shell" so it look like adb devices, get the device number, then "adb -s {device #} shell" and then the commands listed.

10) When using ADB for the return of the nav buttons, the commands for ADB are a little different. The asb -s {device #} part is the same but then you don't put shell after it. For thee commands, there is no response from the bike acknowledging the success of the commands. They do work after the described reboot though.

11) Installing an app to force landscape mode was helpful with some apps (echelon app for login for instance). I used the Rotation Control app and then set it to "Landscape (Sensor)" since my Ex4s+ have a screen that can turn over to do floor and weight work and I didn't want that to show up upside down.

12) I got EchBT, Netflix, Plex, and Peloton to all work (as well as the Echenlon app). Zwift and qdomyos-zwift didn't work. I also used Nova Launcher and I can't install my nova launcher prime unlock as that (as well a zwift) require Google License checks which don't work with no Gapps on the bike/tablet).

13) After everything was done, the bike still prompts me for which launcher I want when it is rebooted. I can choose between Nova Launcher (I chose this vs Lawnchair 2 but both would be fine I'm sure) or Quickstep (a default Google Android launcher). Even selecting the "use this every time" option still has me getting this question with each reboot.

One thing I'm still curious about is if there is a Gapps package that could be installed to make the play store and google apps run. I saw a few posts about people trying but not a lot of details about what happened (other than YouTube not working as a native app).

All said and done I"m happy with the outcome and got my first ride in on the newly accessible bike. Thanks to everyone here for their help!
    (6174) I FIGURED OUT THE NEW EXIT CODE (6174)

As we all know, the old 1085 code stopped working some time ago, requiring a factory reset in order to exit the stock Echelon app. Well, I decided I was going to reverse engineer my way to figuring out the code for the latest updated version. For any and all who are interested, the new code is...

p.s. if they change it again, it should take me about 10 minutes to find the new code if anybody can provide me with the new .apk
    Side-load Peloton / Qdomyos Zwift on Echelon EX-4S+ Bike from Costco

First of all a VERY BIG thank you to everyone in this thread that made possible what I am about to re-post. It took me two days to go through this data, time and again to gather all of the great bits of information I needed to modify my Echelon EX-4S+ from Costco. As of last night, complete success on all fronts. I am re-posting everything I read previously and thanks must go to the gurus in the post who actually researched and created most of the information.

This post is to consolidate the data in a concise format for those who come after me seeking to achieve the same goal. (If there are any corrections or modifications, please do not hesitate to comment).

These instructions do not have to be followed to the letter. There are optional methods, applications defaults, tools and hardware differences that can be used to achieve the same end-result. Read through this entire post if you would like to review the alternatives. This was just my way of doing things.

THANKS AGAIN!

Hardware:
    EX-4S+ Echelon Bike (Costco Exclusive)
    Glorystar Nebula Tablet 15.6” (1920x1080 res)
    MacBook quad-core i7, 16G RAM, running Apple iOS

Software
    Android OS Ver # 9
    Kiosk Lock App: Startos XXX
    MacOS Monterey v12.2.1

How to:
    Over-ride kiosk lock app for Echelon and side-load Peloton App, Qdomyos Zwift, Netflix etc

Qdomyos Zwift App is able to communicate via bluetooth with the bike and with Peloton Account via wifi/software to provide integration to both Apps with feedback on cadence, resistance and Peloton adjusted resistance

Admin Control of the Tablet
    1- On first boot, allow Echelon App to load, configure wifi (you will be prompted to do so)
    2- Do NOT allow Echelon software upgrade to run (Choose “NO” once option is automatically presented during boot)
    3- Once wifi is connected (via your configuration), within the Echelon App, Tap on the bottom, right corner of the screen fiver (5) times, you will be prompted to entire a password. Enter password “1085” and click “Okay”. This will take you into the Android Home Menu.

New Boot System
    5- Next we'll want to replace the Home app that is currently in your Default app setup. This configuration previously launched the Echelon app at startup.
    6- Go to “About Tablet” and click on the build number 5 times to enable your Dev options. (You will see a confirmation pop-up at the bottom of the screen indicating that you are in Dev mode). Using this menu, you'll need to allow installs from unknown sources, USB debugging, etc.
    7- Go to About Tablet > Android Version . Click on "Android Security Patch Level". This will launch a browser window.

Installing new Home App
    8- You will need to download a new Home App to boot the tablet. Using the browser go to the Aptoide website, search for Lawnchair 2 App and install the APK.
    9- Once you have successfully installed Lawnchair 2, go to App Notifications > Default Apps > Home App and choose Lawnchair 2 as your default boot App. Once you click this icon, it will launch your new HOME screen. From here you can use the default browser (Lightning) continue installing additional apps.
    10- Using your Lightening browser, head back to the Aptoide website to install the Aptoide App so that you can download future APKs using the installed APP interface. (An alternative website for APKs is APKMirror).

Booting directly to Lawnchair 2
    11- In order for the tablet to boot directly into Lawnchair 2 on the next reboot, you will have to uninstall the Echelon App. Go into Settings > Apps, click on the Echelon Fit App and uninstall it. (The app cannot be open or running in the background prior to uninstall).
    12- Using the Aptoide App, Download and Install Peloton App, Netflix App, Wifi ADB (as needed)
    13- Reboot the Tablet

Installing Domydos Zwift for Peloton and Echelon Bike integration
    14- To install QDomydos Zwift on Lawnchair 2 we will have to use a work-around as it will not run if downloaded from the Amazon App Store App or via APK download.

Installing Android EMU on Mac iOS (My personal choice. Android devices, Windows with EMU can be used as an alternative)
    15- From a MacBook Laptop, use your browser to go to the Bluestack website and install Bluestack so that you have a suitable Android emulator on your laptop to work with. Alternatively you can use an Adroid device to perform the same functions below.
    16- Using the Google PlayStore App found in Bluestack, Purchase, download and install QDomydos Zwift within the emulator. You will need to use a legitimate Google account with associated payment option (PayPal). (App cost ~ USD $6.00)
    17- Next using the Google PlayStore App, download and install APK extractor app
    18- Use the APK extractor app to create an APK file based on your previously installed QDomydos Zwift. Move/Copy this file from the emulator to your Download directory on your MacBook. Now you have a suitable APK that you can transfer to the Echelon tablet that will install properly on Lawnchair 2.
    19- We will use X-Plore WiFi Server installed on the Echelon Tablet and accessed through web browser on the MacBook to transfer the QDomydos APK to the tablet.

Configuring Transfer App (X-Plore Wifi Server) on Tablet
    20- Now on the Echelon Tablet, use the web browser to locate the Aurora Store App. Install the Aurora app and use this to locate and install the X-Plore Apk.
    21- Run the X-Plore app and start a new wifi server. Copy the IP address and port of the server.

MacBook File Transfer
    22- Going back to the MacBook and using a web browser, enter the Tablet’s X-plore IP address/port in the URL tab. Once connected, transfer the QDomydos APK file from your MacBook download folder to the tablet. Save in the downloads folder on the tablet. (You will be prompted at this point to pay for the X-Plore App you installed on the tablet. (Cost ~ USD $4.00 - $6.00 and paid through the Amazon account on the Tablet).
    23- Going back to the tablet, Find QDomydos APK on the tablet and install it.
    24 - In Settings>Apps and Notifications>QDomydos App, ensure Battery optimization is turned off, as the default setting will cause the App to behave unpredictably (crashes etc).
    25- You can configure which “Tiles” you would like displayed on the QDomydos App screen also for Cadence, Resistance, Heart rate etc.
    26- In the QDomydos settings menu, find the section on Peloton account information and enter your Peloton user name and password. Click the OK button on each menu item to confirm.
    27- Restart the QDomydos app for changes to take effect.

Running Peloton App and QDomydos App in Split screen mode
    28- You will need to activate resizable Apps mode in the Android Tablet in order to enable Split-screen for the Peloton and Qdomyos Zwift Apps. Using the “Settings” App in Lawnchair 2, go into > System > Developer Options section, scroll to the bottom of the list and enable "Force activities to be resizable”.

Removing Tablet Admin Control pre-configured by Echelon
    29- Start by removing Admin control for the tablet. Echelon installed an Echelon 21 Updater App that has to be deleted. It has admin rights which limits functionality/management over the tablet. It cannot be uninstalled by default.
    30- On the tablet, run WiFi ADB which you previously installed. Copy the IP address/Port. You will need this to remotely connect to the Tablet from your MacBook.
    31- On your MacBook run the Bluestacks EMU.
    32- Download and install the Remote ADB app using the Google store (Its free)
    33- Run the App and enter the IP address/port for Wifi ADB on your tablet to execute Admin commands remotely
    34- To allow for removal of the Echelon 21 Updater App, type the following commands in Remote ADB

dpm remove-active-admin --user current com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater/.DevAdminReceiver <ENTER>

35- You should receive the response. “Success: Admin removed ComponentInfo{com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater/com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater.DevAdminReceiver}”

36- Next use the tablet to uninstall the Echelon 21 Updater App. using the Android Settings > Apps in the Settings menu. (You will see that the Uninstall option is no longer greyed out).
    37- Reboot the Tablet for changes to take effect

Menu Button, Nav Bar Re-activation for Split Screen
    38- With this version of the bike (EX-4S+ / Costco), Top dropdown menu and Menu button options (Home button, Back Button etc) have all been removed from the Tablet and must be re-activated in order for you to properly interface with the Tablet and to utilize split screen
    39- On the Tablet, run WiFi ADB which you previously installed. Copy the IP address/port so that you can control the Tablet remotely from your MacBook.
    40- On your MacBook run the Bluestacks EMU.
    41- Run Remote ADB again, connect to the Tablet (Wifi ADB) and enter the following commands

su <ENTER>
    settings put global policy_control null* <ENTER>
    settings --user 0 put secure user_setup_complete 1 <ENTER>

42- Reboot the Tablet for the changes to take effect.
    43- In the Settings menu of the Tablet, go to > display > statusbar/navbar switch to "open”. You should now have your dropdown menu and Nav bar buttons at the bottom of the screen enabled

Split Screen Mode - Peloton / QDomydos
    To use Pelaton and QDomydos Swift Apps in split screen mode

44- Run QDomydos App first
    45- Click Square button on bottom menu bar of the Tablet to QDomydos minimize App
    46- Run Peloton App
    47- Click Square button on bottom menu bar of the tablet to minimize Peloton App
    48- Click the Peloton logo at the top, middle of the Peloton app to bring up split-screen menu dropdown option. Click to enable it
    49- Re-size Peloton screen as you see fit (drag app screen from the right-middle of the App)
    50- Click on running QDomydos App to bring it into active split screen mode
    51- Ensure the Blue LED on the Bike is solid (not blinking), the Bluetooth icon on the App is solid (not greyed-out) and that you are seeing readings on the QDomydos App tile sections
    52- Start your exercise video on the Peloton App
    53- A popup screen will appear on the QDomydos App asking to activate Peloton sync. Wait until the video on Peloton App goes to 00:00 time to start, then click yes at the same time on the QDomydos App
    54- click on Peloton app to control volume if required

Now Ride! :)
    Following Post #355 for my EX4s+ I seem to be having trouble launching the Qdomyos-zwift any insights appreciated.

I purchased the app on my android phone and did the apk extractor from the phone and moved it to tablet using x-plor. I can install it on the tablet however, when I go to run it I get the error "your application encountered a fatal error and cannot continue". I did change the battery settings to be not optimized, so I'm not sure what is causing the crash. I will be trying to do it via another apk extractor app, then the Mac laptop route.

I will update the post as I attempt these but if anyone else experienced this or knows the issue/solution I'm all ears.

Thanks for all of the legwork everyone this was a tedious read but super helpful nonetheless.
    For those who paid QZ on Google Play, but don't want to pay it again on Amazon, here's my solution.
    The QZ app on Android is using split apk, meaning you have to extract multiple apks for it to work.
    Unfortunately most of our Android phones are based on arm-v8 architecture, but the Echelon tablet (RK3288) is arm-v7. The workaround:

1. On a Windows PC, install BlueStacks.
    2. Follow the steps here and create an instance of ARM-32 bit.
    3. Open the instance (Android simulator) you just created.
    4. Login to Google Play Store, pay the QZ app (if haven't already), install.
    5. You'll need an apk extractor with split apk support, such as "Apk Extractor Fastest & Suppor"
    6. Extract the QZ app.
    7. In Bluestacks - system apps - media manager, find extracted apks. There is a "Export to windows" function.
    8. Move your extracted apks to the Echelon (RK3288) tablet. (I used bluetooth transfer)
    * you should have three files - base.apk; split_config.armeabi_v7a.apk; and split_config.hdpi.apk.
    9. On the tablet, download "Split APKs Installer (SAI)" to install the QZ apks.
    10. All done! Use your QZ app on the Echleon tablet.
    Recently purchased a new in box EX-5S.
    Assembled bike - powered on - entered code 1085 in the menu and got to the about tablet screen screen. Bike runs 9.02 android.

When I turned on the bike it asked me to update , I declined… should I allow the update or does it block access to these menus?

Next, I want to install Qdomyos Zwift and Peloton to operate in split screen on the tablet. I would also like to try to get zwift working on tablet(or at least zwift companion). Can someone kindly right up a concise step by step on how to do this with the cleanest method currently available? I would like to keep echelon. I did read the thread but there is conflicting information about using Nova, lawnchair 2, etc. Need some guidance.

Thanks everyone for all your time and help.
    Setting up your Access.
    1. Go to About Tablet and click on the build number 5 times to enable your Dev options. In this menu, you'll need to allow installs from unknown sources, USB debugging, etc.

2. Next we'll want to replace the Home app that is currently in your Default app setup. This is what launches the Echelon app at startup.

3. Go to About Tablet > Android Version . Click on "Android Security Patch Level". This should launch a browser window.

4. Download Lawnchair 2 from Aptoide (Ensure all 3 buttons on the bottom work)

Because QDomydos wouldn't work from amazon store, we had to do this workaround:
    5. Download MyBackupPro from Amazon store (I had to purchase mybackuppro from amazon store and google play)

6. On an android device (If you only have IOS, you can utilize an emulator like Bluestack to do this), download Qdomydos and mybackuppro and backup Qdomydos to it.

7. Restore the backup app on the tablet. You should have Qdomydos now.

8. Download pelaton (I think I think this from aptoide)

9. Activate force activities to be re-sizable option: I believe you go to settings -> systems -> developer options -> scroll all the way to the bottom to click to activate

10. Now you should be able to hold the square button to have both Qdomydos and Pelaton to be in split screen
    I'm no help with the code not working, try factory reset and if that doesnt work than start trying different combinations :(

I gave up on getting qdomyos for a moment thinking i want to hack this this as much as possible to get stock android experience. So on a development front, I figured that if we can remove the admin control over the tablet we'd have more flexibility to do things? Echelon 21 Updater has admin and i believe is limiting functionality/management over the tablet. You can't change that/uninstall it. So I figured that out, hopefully this gets us further ahead (this was on the ex4s+ with android v9)....
    1) On the tablet download and install "Wifi ADB" - https://m.apkpure.com/wifi-adb-debug-over-air/com.ttxapps.wifiadb
    2) Connect adb via your favorite method (PC or phone) to the tablet
    3) Type in the command "adb shell"
    4) Then type in "dpm remove-active-admin --user current com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater/.DevAdminReceiver"
    You should get
    Success: Admin removed ComponentInfo{com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater/com.echelonfit.echelon_21_updater.DevAdminReceiver}

Now you can uninstall Echlon 21 Updater (I used titanium backup to disable/uninstall it instead of completely uninstalling it).
    This app no longer boots on reboot and no longer has control over the tablet!

My hope was/is we can start restoring some stock android things like getting the buttons to work and getting google on there but I'm not sure how/where to go from here.

Also found that we have arm v7a and zwift only runs on v8a so that's probably never going to work?