• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Upgrading Samsung SM-T113 E Lite to Lollipop

Search This thread

fretman_2

Jul 28, 2017
My Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite is currently on Kitkat 4.4.4 and I'd like to put Lollipop on it to be able to run Dronedeploy.

A couple of questions...
Can the tablet handle Lollipop ok, and what's the best procedure to use to get Lollipop on it?

Thanks for the help!

jnelson33

Dec 16, 2018
My Samsung Galaxy Tab E Lite is currently on Kitkat 4.4.4 and I'd like to put Lollipop on it to be able to run Dronedeploy.

A couple of questions...
Can the tablet handle Lollipop ok, and what's the best procedure to use to get Lollipop on it?

Thanks for the help!

I have not found much on this tablet yet for some reason. I wish I know what Root was safe with this device.

The procedure generally works like this:

• Research Roots
  • Find applicable Root.
  • Root device.
  • Install applicable ROM.

It's been a while since I've used an Android, but I forgot just how god awful they were before 5.0/6.0.

Anyone know if they have the ability to do this? I'd be willing to compensate monetarily if need be. Why isn't this tablet attractive enough for people to mess with?

rjsjr1993

Dec 9, 2020
I have this very tablet I've never found much on it myself as two routing or upgrading to 5.0 and I think that's only because it's a Wi-Fi only tablet. If this were standard tablet with Wi-Fi and Cellular connections you'd probably find stuff about it all over the place but it's not it's a Wi-Fi only tablet therefore there's not a lot of information out there on them. However if somebody were to Port Android 5.1 out there from the sm-t110 which is the closest model to this one it would probably work just fine

rjsjr1993

Dec 9, 2020
If somebody could look up the sm-t113 on Wikipedia and using files for the sm-t110 Port those to the sm-t113 I think it would work however I don't really porting to say for certain. And I do believe the only reason there is nothing on the sm-t113 and you can find all kinds of information on the 110 is because the sm-t113 is a Wi-Fi only sister version to the 110.

validiscool

Aug 1, 2021
If somebody could look up the sm-t113 on Wikipedia and using files for the sm-t110 Port those to the sm-t113 I think it would work however I don't really porting to say for certain. And I do believe the only reason there is nothing on the sm-t113 and you can find all kinds of information on the 110 is because the sm-t113 is a Wi-Fi only sister version to the 110.
Me too. although I have actually found a root for this device https://iosddl.net/daffc40a72a3c980/Galaxy_Tab_3_Lite_7.0_Root_Files.zip (flash with Odin 3.07 (PDA))