UpToDate 17.3 working on WM 6.5.5! Now XDA_UC compatible!

Search This thread

Neet

Jun 2, 2009
UpToDate is a medical software which, in my opinion, is indispensible.
I faced a lot of problems in trying to run it on lots of WM 6.5.5 ROMs on my Raphael aka Touch Pro owing to which i had to stick to WM 6.1 ROMs!
But finally I found that the solution for this existed in fragments on XDA itself.
So I thought it would be great if it is compiled at one place so that everyone who is looking for it finds it.

DrTom's fix works on Energy Rom Leo 26 Feb WM 6.5.5 Sense 2.5.2012 build 23541 on My HTC Touch Pro!
Here is what I did:
1. Installed DrTom's Uptodate fix in device (see attachment).

2. Device prompts for soft reset-> say yes.

3. Make following registry changes using any registry editor like Sktools:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{8856F961-340A-11D0-A96B-00C04FD705A2}\InprocServer32]
default="shdocvw2.dll"
"ThreadingModel"="both"

Or if you have started using the new XDA_UC then
Download uptodate fix.txt from attachments in this post ----> rename it to uptodate fix.reg ---->copy and paste the uptodate fix.reg in \StorageCard\XDA_UC\SD folder ----> sit n njoy :)

Note you have to number both the files so that DrTom's fix installs before registry changes. I did it by renaming them to 01_DrTom UpToDate fix.cab and 02_UpTodate fix.reg!

4. Uptodate 17.3 works perfectly like it used to work on WM 6.1 ROMs!

5. Njoy and thanks a ton to DrTom for his wonderful fix!

P.S.: Internet explorer does not works with this fix but Opera works! So all surfing via Opera!:)

Last edited:

nurseav

Jan 25, 2010
i want treat ....help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Uptodate 17.3 the drug database doesn´t work. When pressing Headings it freezes to :( how to treat for me <MY phone HTC HD2>

thank

muaydum

Sep 12, 2009
Working well with my OmniaII using GC lite rom(6.5.5). So great!!!, thank a million to you(DrTom). Now my problem with Uptodate have solved.:)

Last edited:

perramaja

Mar 29, 2010
Hi, my mobile is LG GM750 arena with WM 6.5. When i press the article tittle in uptodate 17.3 it freezes. I installed dr. tom and changed registry.

doctorasgr

Oct 25, 2009
Nottingham
Hi, my mobile is LG GM750 arena with WM 6.5. When i press the article tittle in uptodate 17.3 it freezes. I installed dr. tom and changed registry.
After the 1st of April UpToDate v17.3 stopped working. I should change the date of my phone(before the 1st of April) in order to make it work. It says some sh**s about expiration. Any fix???

Mularovsky

Jun 5, 2009
My uptodate 17.3 also expires. But i had the solution. Actually i found it incidentally. What i did is i went to the original 2577 folder in the iso dvd file , copy the cab file of the pocketpc sub folder, then paste it to pocketpc subfolder of 2577 folder in my pocket pc replacing the cab which i have taken from uptodate 17.2 to install the 17.3 to prevent card activation notification(which i think you have already done). Install the cab file agian on top of the previous installation.Open uptodate again. it works for me. I dont know how!!!!

by shaheen27

mb3

Jan 20, 2008
Easy Peezy

Dudes. You might consider the following totally useless text I wrote while playing with MortScript 4.3 for PPC.

#Basic script to set a system state while a program is running then reset it when program exits\

#Read registry setting
GetTime ( h, min, sec, d, mon, y )

#Set registry settings
SetDate ( 31, 03, 2010 )

#Path of application to run goes here
RunWait ("\Storage Card\Program Files\Favorite Prog Folder\FavoriteProg.exe" )

#Sets registry settings back to saved values when above program exits
SetDate ( d, mon, y )

Now, this could theoretically be useful for lots of stuff. Especially if one uses Total Commander to create a shortcut for the above script in \Windows\Start Menu\Programs\. :rolleyes:

jackise

May 4, 2010
hello! I tried all these and when i press the article tittle it brings white screen! i have the greek windows mobile 6.5 professional! any help?

tuberculosis

May 30, 2010
With the help from Dr Tom. It seem to be execllent, but I soon recognised that it can not work if i set the current time :(/ Anyone can help me to fix the problem.? Hepl me much. I promise to uninstall others else if Uptodate 17.3 work well.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone