• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Urgent! Help with the MSM tool (stuck in Param preload)

Search This thread

ma7ammad

Jul 8, 2018
although I had identical error "param preload failed" with a different model (nord n10 5g), i am posting the solution that worked for me after couple of days troubleshooting, because i hope it could help someone else desperately looking for a possible solution in any xda-page like I was.
I have downloaded the drivers from multiple sources on internet:
1. fe241eb3-d71f-4f86-9143-c6935c203e12_fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d
2. 20855130_dae427ffe0a2d6268aa209d782d05ea874aad0dc
3. drivers auto-install tool:
4. and the ones on this thread
none worked for me, but I could not find the 9008 drivers in any of the above. I ended up uninstalling all drivers by flashing twrp recovery permanently through fastboot, then using twrp to boot into edl, then quickly clicking enum then start on the msm tool which result in the error message 'param preload failed' this keeps the edl active and prevents rebooting into fastboot after few sec. this gave me the time to uninstall the drivers one by one (from device manager).
when all drivers were uninstalled (9008 + 90e ... ) I got the following screen on the device manager:
1630859093162.png

from here i launched windows update, then searched for updates then viewed the optional-updates: in there a Qualcomm driver was listed (dated 2016) I installed that, and from there the msm tool worked successfully and the error 'param preload failed' did not appear. My phone has now the stock rom and I am out of the bootloop caused by trying to flash an OS using twrp.

I believe the problem was that I installed multiple qualcomm usb drivers without uninstalling the previous ones.
I had to restart windows sometimes, but i can not remember whether that was related to this solution or something else i was trying out.

Reactions: Rayan

Android33

Mar 14, 2014
Finally got it to work. Turns out the vast majority of problems people encounter while trying the MSM Tool is with the Qualcomm drivers.

I found the correct (and latest version) drivers.

Just unzip the CAB file, uninstall any old Qualcomm drivers you have tried, and then install this one. It should work!

Let me know if you need any assistance.
Hey i could really use your help i got the file extracted, but how do i install them as a whole i dont see an execution file or application to do it sorry i've been trying to fix it for over 15hrs now

Rayan

Feb 24, 2004
Baja
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hey i could really use your help i got the file extracted, but how do i install them as a whole i dont see an execution file or application to do it sorry i've been trying to fix it for over 15hrs now

Check this tutorial out. It's the same under windows 10.

Let me know if this helps you! 👍

Android33

Mar 14, 2014
Check this tutorial out. It's the same under windows 10.

Let me know if this helps you! 👍

Awesome tutorial def did help but im still getting the same param image doesnt match error i even went in and looked to see if they were proper and they are and updated my pc reads the phone in edl mode just not sure what im doing wrong ive tried a few different drivers and rebooting my pc

tmaniac

Oct 22, 2006
Utrecht
Finally got it to work. Turns out the vast majority of problems people encounter while trying the MSM Tool is with the Qualcomm drivers.

Just unzip the CAB file, uninstall any old Qualcomm drivers you have tried, and then install this one. It should work!

Dude, you saved me as well!

Thanks for finding these drivers and sharing them on the board!

Th3D0ctor

Oct 15, 2021
Fulda

Oh my god, dude!

You did literally saved my ass!

Many thanks!

costelo123

Oct 17, 2013

Please accept my deepest gratitude.

Got the phone working again, you are an example of heroes not always wearing capes, my man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks a lot! You saved my night :D 11pm here ^^.

1630035520050.png
    Are you making sure you are uninstalling any other drivers? You should only have installed the correct version.
    Yup. First uninstalled the other driver and installed this one again. Will give it one more go and share the outcome. But its very strange to me how confusing all this is. Can't get my head around why on Earth its not working. Am literally sick of not getting update. Badly want to flash the international rom to my Sprint OnePlus.

thank you! this really work.
    although I had identical error "param preload failed" with a different model (nord n10 5g), i am posting the solution that worked for me after couple of days troubleshooting, because i hope it could help someone else desperately looking for a possible solution in any xda-page like I was.
    I have downloaded the drivers from multiple sources on internet:
    1. fe241eb3-d71f-4f86-9143-c6935c203e12_fba473728483260906ba044af3c063e309e6259d
    2. 20855130_dae427ffe0a2d6268aa209d782d05ea874aad0dc
    3. drivers auto-install tool:
    4. and the ones on this thread
    none worked for me, but I could not find the 9008 drivers in any of the above. I ended up uninstalling all drivers by flashing twrp recovery permanently through fastboot, then using twrp to boot into edl, then quickly clicking enum then start on the msm tool which result in the error message 'param preload failed' this keeps the edl active and prevents rebooting into fastboot after few sec. this gave me the time to uninstall the drivers one by one (from device manager).
    when all drivers were uninstalled (9008 + 90e ... ) I got the following screen on the device manager:
    1630859093162.png

from here i launched windows update, then searched for updates then viewed the optional-updates: in there a Qualcomm driver was listed (dated 2016) I installed that, and from there the msm tool worked successfully and the error 'param preload failed' did not appear. My phone has now the stock rom and I am out of the bootloop caused by trying to flash an OS using twrp.

I believe the problem was that I installed multiple qualcomm usb drivers without uninstalling the previous ones.
    I had to restart windows sometimes, but i can not remember whether that was related to this solution or something else i was trying out.