- Nov 27, 2010
This is new Android distribution based on Linux, Android and Archos stock os, using SDE from Archos.
- Easy install method for external (SDcard) and Internal storage
- EXT4 (much faster than ext3, can store files >4GB comparing to FAT32)
- Full read/write access to every part of system
- root (su + superuser.apk) out of the box
- new services like: samba, sshd, vpnc, openvpn, dvbt, nfs4
- 3G/usb tether support
- Possibility to remove some google/Archos apps
- Swap memory in RAM (CompCache) or on disk by default or when you need it
- No 300MB limit for apps (and no faulty app2sd required)
- You can have SD card Class 8/10 - that can be much faster than internal flash (check this thread)
- Many new new kernel modules (usbserial, ntfs, 3G modems, nfs4, cifs, hfs, iptables etc.)
- DVB-T support for selected tuners
- updated modules, firmware (like WiFi)
- User friendly UrukConfig application
- ... and much, much more - to much to mention all here - please read changelog
Since 1.0 release main documentation source for UrukDroid is on it's WiKi. Please use it as a first and primary information source for UD.
Link to project (googlecode) page is: http://code.google.com/p/urukdroid
Since code.google.com is no longer working (read only for limited time) - here are working links to latest (and final) release of UrukDroid: Dropbox,
I hope that new, much more detailed and complete documentation will help you use UrukDroid at it's full potential.