[FONT="]URWsoft BareBone Cleaner
Features & Benefits
- Free Rom choice: Choose any Samsung Touchwiz Lollipop Rom and cleans it down to a core level. This way you can choose a Rom which fits your personal liking and requirements and clean it down to your comfort level.
- Reduced to the Max: Reduce Rom A full blown Samsung Rom comes with about 300 apps which can be brought down to about 75 core apps
- Faster Rom: After a full clean you will have about 1.1 GB free RAM available which is about 300-400 MB more compared to a full blown Samsung Rom. This increase the performance.
- Individual Cleaning Definitions: The BareBone Cleaner provides you with plenty of options to customize the cleaning process and make sure you prevent apps you want to keep from cleaning.
- Compatible: Several user feedbacks confirm that the BareBone Cleaner works with odexed and deodexed as well as Samsung based Lollipop and KitKat roms on all kind of S5 variants.
- Saved Profiles:
- Ones you have defined your individual profile it will be saved as an editable text file on your SDcard (URWsoft folder) and next time you flash a Rom you can run this profile with the exact same settings with no additional effort.
- You will have predefined profiles for one click cleaning available. One save Default Profile and an Extrem BareBone Cleaning Profile.
- You can reset your profile to default setting anytime and start to define a new profile.
- You have a Bypass option available which will keep you defined profile and just present you with a complete unselected profile. This will help you to just select one or more apps for addition cleaning or select one of the Install options
- Multi Window Operation: On the first customization window you can select which further menus you want to enable. Only these windows will be presented.
- Alternative Apps and Tweaks: You might want to get rid of the S5 stock keyboard, or the TouchWiz Launcher. As an alternative you can select the S6 keyboard or Nova Launcher etc. from the Install Apps menu and be able to remove the stock apps without being left with an unusable rom.
- Rom Specifics Menu: Most of the rom chefs implement different kind of apps to their roms which are additional to the Samsung standard Rom content. In order to give you the opportunity to get rid of specific unwanted apps which I started this new section. This will grow on the go and you tell me what you would like to see here as additional cleaning options.
- Users Selection Menu: Some users requested me to clean even more content which I either didn’t test sufficiently yet or might remove rom functionality which is required for a seamless rom operation. These requests can be found in the Users Menu. If you tested these selections please let us know your experience is with it. If everything works fine for daily use these cleanings could be easily shifted into the standard cleaning options.
- Additional Features: The BareBone Cleaner will further grow on the go and you tell me what you would like to see here as additional cleaning options. The profiles will help already to combine a feature rich utility with ease of use and fast track profile executions.
[FONT="]URWsoft BareBone Cleaner Project
I’m not a developer but I’m flashing ROMs since quite some years and today I’m experienced enough for this project.
The BareBone Cleaner is an Aroma Installer based tool which will debloat your TouchWiz Lollipop rom up to a core minimum in order to increase available ram and get rid of performance wasting apps and services which are not mandatory.
So get rid of all the Samsung crap, bloatware, the annoying “check cover” warning or other apps which you could easily add again to your personal liking from the Google Playstore.
I’m sure many of you was looking for this kind of solution in order to choose any rom fitting your personal liking.
Background of this Project
The original kick-off for this project was a longer temporary absence of Edgarf28 who provides us with his awesome XtreStoLite rom. I used his rom since the very first day on my S5 and even I tried tons of other roms, for some reasons I always returned to XtreStoLite.
Therefore I started to develop the BareBone Cleaner to be able to choose any TouchWiz Lollipop rom and clean it down to the same level as Edgar is doing with his rom. Short after I decided to share my BareBone Cleaner in this thread Edgar returned and provided an updated rom version.
As I enjoy this project and got several motivating feedbacks from users who would like to clean the rom of their choice, I decided to continue the development of my BareBone Cleaner and bring it to the next level by porting the cleaner logic to a user friendly Aroma Installer. Now users can individually choose what they would like to clean and I will step by step add more options now.
The most important factors for me, beside the combination of performance and battery life is the fact the I’m able to run the original TouchWiz rom but maximum debloated to a core minimum in order to increase available ram and get rid of performance wasting apps and services which are not mandatory.
So what happens if you use my script?
The script deletes all kind of apps from your installed rom based on your selections down to a core level what is required for a stable operation. From that level you can add any desired app from the Google Playstore to satisfy your personal requirements and style.
The BareBone Cleaner is designed to clean TouchWiz Lollipop 5.0.x roms running on the S5 G900F which are either odexed or deodexed.
Currently I’m not planning to support other rom types. I’m happy to get your feedback if you tried it successfully on other roms as well so other users can benefit from that information as well.
Best use is running the BareBone Cleaner from recovery right after flashing a new rom but you can also make use of it if you want to clean your existing installation. In this case you might experience that apps like Google maps, Youtube etc. will be gone. In this case just load them again from Google Playstore.
! Flash this Script at your own Risk !
!! - I don't take any responsibility for any Damage - !!
Create a Nandroid-Backup before flashing the script!
Here you will find my "xXx No Limits ROM" and all respective Bootloaders and Modems for G900F
In Post #166 you will find my Best Practise Guide for "Flash addicted users"
In Post #167 you will find my "Step by Step Guide for some common flash Use Case Scenarios"
In Post #234 you will find my "Guide for my Audio Boost & Quality enhancement Mod"
This is a fixed folder link and will provide you with a list of all available versions. Just choose your prefered version.
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT="][FONT="]Removed my init.d script to update the profile in the URWsoft folder and implemented new reliable profile update method.
Added new item “ANT HAL Service” under category “Miscellaneous”
Added new item “Android Setup Wizard” under category “Miscellaneous”
Added new item “S5 - Remove Check Cover Popups” under category “Miscellaneous”
Added new item “AllShare, WiFi-Direct, Screen-Mirroring, S-Beam” under category “Samsung Apps”
Added new item “Samsung Photo-Video Editing” under category “Samsung Apps”
Change the reboot option on the last page to not reboot to be compatible with FlashFire.
Fixed some cleaning options[/FONT][/FONT]
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT="][FONT="]Added a new category “S7 Rom Specials”
Updated and added several cleaning options in order to better support Android 6.x roms and specifically the new S7[/FONT][/FONT]
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24369303960687070[/FONT][FONT="][FONT="]Bugfix – Fixed issue where Polaris viewer crashed.
New Option – added “Samsung Text-to-Speech” which was cleaned with Barebone cleaning before.[/FONT][/FONT]
Bugfix – Fixed issues with the backup app which was removed even if not selected.
New Option – added “S Finder & Quick Connect Button” removal under Miscellaneous section.
New Option – added “Android M – Bootanimation” on the “Install Apps & Tweaks” menu screen.
Update – NovaLauncher and Google Messenger are on latest version now.
New Rom Support – Full support for the “PopWiz Telstra v5.1 Marshmallow”.
New Rom Support – Full support for “SIXPERIENCE 5.1”.
Update – Google Messenger updated to latest version.
New Rom Support – Full support for the “Epsilon Project”.
New Rom Support – Updated support for the “S6 Revolution v3”.
New Option – added “Active Application Widget”.under “Samsung Apps” section.
Update – NovaLauncher and Google Messenger are on latest version now.
Update - some Audio Mod settings[/FONT]
New Option – added “VPN System” Now you can select if you want to keep the VPN related services.
New Option – added “Polaris Viewer”.
New Feature – under “Install Apps & Tweaks” you will find the option “Audio Boost & Quality enhancements” which enhanced the compilation mod with Dolby ATMOS thanks to @worstenbrood.[/FONT]
Guide for the Audio Boost & Quality enhancement Mod
Bug Fix – Wifi issues like forgetting password and connecting are solved thanks to @nip_miniw
Bug Fix – S-Voice FC fixed.
Update – Support for SIXPERIENCE 2.0
New Option – added “Sensor Calibration / Sam Test Apps” under “Optional Cleaning”. Keep all stuff to be able to enter hidden menus using “Secret Codes”.[/FONT]
New Feature – under “Install Apps & Tweaks” you will find new option “Audio Boost & Quality enhancements”
This Audio Mod will replace Sound Alive Services with DSP+ EQ by @noskojv and eXtremeBeats by @Ben Feutrill for the best audio experiences and usability.
Update – Nova Launcher updated to latest version
Bug Fix - Samsung Account will not be cleaned with Barebonhe Cleaning anymore [/FONT][FONT="][FONT="]to ensure full Theme functionallity on S6 type roms. Cleaning this is now an option in the Samsung Apps submenu
Bug Fix: Removed "Google Webview cleaning option as this forced certain apps to fc.[/FONT][/FONT]
New Rom Support – Supports Sixperience S6 Rom now.[/FONT]
New Rom Support – Supports Darklord S6 Rom now.
Update for latest Google Messenger version.
New Options – If you use S6 type roms from ambasadii or scholz123 you have several new cleaning options in the “Optional Cleaning – Menu” under section “S6 Rom Specials”.
Bug Fix – Stock File Manager was always cleaned independent from selection.
Bug Fix – FC of Google Maps when “Sound Alive Service” was cleaned.[/FONT]
Bug Fix – In some cases the Google Play Store closed right after starting.
New Option – Now it’s possible to exclude the Stock File Manager from cleaning.[/FONT]
Bug Fix – Kids Mode was not working correctly even it was excluded from cleaning.
Bug Fix – Parts of Google TTS, Stock Video Player and SBrowser was always cleaned even it was excluded from cleaning.[/FONT]
[/FONT]New Feature - One Hand Mode added to Optional Cleaning Menu.
Bug Fix – Weather Widget didn't work after cleaning even when unchecked to not be cleaned.
Bug Fix - Saved Profile on sdcard was not properly updated after each cleaning session.
Bug Fix – not being able to edit saved profiles on sdcard in URWsoft soft folder is resolved after the next execution of the Barebone Cleaner.
Selection items for addition menus in main menu are highlighted in blue color now for a better overview.
Implemented saved Profiles to save individual settings and provide fast track profile executions (see info’s above under features & benefits)
Additional and more detailed cleaning options
New Rom Specifics Menu to be able to remove specific and non-stock apps as well.
New menu structure with multi window operation for better selective cleaning operation.
Fixed bug: urwsoft folder on sdcard was not recognized as a folder.
@amarullz for the aroma installer framework
@edgarf28 for the S6 Keyboard and System Fonts
@daxgirl for his 6thGear Extended reboot menu
@noskojv for his DSP+ audio mod
@Ben Feutrill for his eXtremeBeats™ audio mod
@klenamenis for his build.prop updater script
@worstenbrood for his Dolby ATMOS audio mod
I hope everybody else enjoys this tool as I do.
If you like the BareBone Cleaner don’t forget to hit “Thanks”