US and Canadian TF700 Owners: ASUS delaying OTA until early next week.

Search This thread

Dysoncube

Sep 6, 2012
:(

...I'll accept the delay I guess...as long as they resolve issues. :fingers-crossed:

Consider this - JB on the TF700 will not be bug free. While we wait, we'll likely see the rest of the internet freaking out about various apps not working optimally. Then we can judge whether we should update, or wait for the subsequent JB patch.

Reactions: johnlgalt

okantomi

Feb 20, 2011
Boston, MA
Consider this - JB on the TF700 will not be bug free. While we wait, we'll likely see the rest of the internet freaking out about various apps not working optimally. Then we can judge whether we should update, or wait for the subsequent JB patch.
That's a good way to look at it. As an earlier poster said, let the TF201 do our beta testing. ;^)

Reactions: johnlgalt

johnlgalt

Nov 16, 2009
Atlanta
androidforums.com
Heh - I also own a Motorola Droid BIONIC, and the Motorola Droid RAZR owners were our beta testers - which is (one of) the primary reason(s) we still don't have ICS on our phones over 1 year after release date.

I'll just sit back and wait and see. Though, I'm such a chronic beta tester as soon as I see it on my Infinity I'm probably gonna pull the trigger lol

jjdevega

Jan 3, 2011
Bothell, Washington
And if you look at their thread they are already struggling with issues.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app

Many of those issues stem from rooted and unlocked bootloaders with modified build.props and deleted bloatware. Also from members that carelessly and frantically try to restore their tablets to stock and end up soft brick/brick their devices. A small report of updates, bricking their Primes. For the most part JB was a success, that includes my tf201. Its not without its bugs but overall much improved from ICS. I am excited for when JB hits our tf700!

Edit:I won't be surprised to see similar issues popping up for when Jelly Bean lands at our tf700 shores.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: okantomi

Vo01985

Jan 13, 2011
Many of those issues stem from rooted and unlocked bootloaders with modified build.props and deleted bloatware. Also from members that carelessly and frantically try to restore their tablets to stock and end up soft brick/brick their devices. A small report of updates, bricking their Primes. For the most part JB was a success, that includes my tf201. Its not without its bugs but overall much improved from ICS. I am excited for when JB hits our tf700!

Edit:I won't be surprised to see similar issues popping up for when Jelly Bean lands at our tf700 shores.
Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using xda app-developers app

Glad I kept mine fully stock until now after reading that!

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T

chriskwarren

Aug 8, 2009
Bowmanville
Yeah I only got my Infinity a couple of weeks ago and since I figured JB was due to arrive soon, I would wait to for the JB roms to get stable before messing with the tablet (also need to make sure my Infinity is a good one).

If JB shows up as promised next week then it will probably be a month or two and I'll see what roms are there that are best for me and I'll root and flash then. A stable experience is more important to me than being first on a rom.

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone