[US BETA 3][ZSL5] Official Android 10/UI 2 BETA for the US unlocked Note 10+ (N975U)

Search This thread
My lack of patience and frustration with beta 1 got to me and downgraded to 9 over the weekend. However I did not deregistered for the beta just in case I want to try future betas. The one most frustrating for me was audio output going from car to phone and vice versa when using android auto. I did report it so maybe it will get addressed in beta 3.

I haven't installed beta 2 yet, but I don't use Android Auto, so I wasn't aware of that issue.

I dislocated my knee over the weekend, and couldn't make up the three flights of stairs to my apartment, so I'm staying with my parents at their house. Their wifi is pretty slow, so downloading the new beta will take awhile. Plus i don't have access to my PC to fix anything if beta 2 is a dud.

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I haven't installed beta 2 yet, but I don't use Android Auto, so I wasn't aware of that issue.

I dislocated my knee over the weekend, and couldn't make up the three flights of stairs to my apartment, so I'm staying with my parents at their house. Their wifi is pretty slow, so downloading the new beta will take awhile. Plus i don't have access to my PC to fix anything if beta 2 is a dud.

Wow sorry to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery! I'll be monitoring this thread to see if beta 2 is worthy.

apascual89

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jan 17, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Hey those that downloaded and flashed beta 2, are the full screen gestures back to being Samsung? I don't see the Android 10 options.

Edit fixed..... Never mind, the more options setting is greyed out on third party launchers it seems. Bummer that I can't use the Android 10 navigation gestures with Lawnchair launcher

Last edited:

Iain_S

Apr 19, 2018
Calgary
Hey those that downloaded and flashed beta 2, are the full screen gestures back to being Samsung? I don't see the Android 10 options.

Edit fixed..... Never mind, the more options setting is greyed out on third party launchers it seems. Bummer that I can't use the Android 10 navigation gestures with Lawnchair launcher

yes third party launchers are not yet supported on one ui 2, hopefully they will add it as google did with the pixels.

Reactions: apascual89
Wow sorry to hear that. Hoping for a speedy recovery! I'll be monitoring this thread to see if beta 2 is worthy.

Decided to go ahead and download it. Figured u has nothing better to do. And it downloaded on their WiFi a lot faster than I thought it would.

Beta 2 is a big improvement. So far only bug I've found in the last few hours is Samsung pay can no longer be activated with a swipe up from home or lock screen. I've made sure the option is turned on, but nothing.

New gestures work much better from the homescreen as well.

Decided to go ahead and download it. Figured u has nothing better to do. And it downloaded on their WiFi a lot faster than I thought it would.

Beta 2 is a big improvement. So far only bug I've found in the last few hours is Samsung pay can no longer be activated with a swipe up from home or lock screen. I've made sure the option is turned on, but nothing.

New gestures work much better from the homescreen as well.

Nevermind. The Samsung pay swipe up is now working from home and lock screen. Not sure what fixed it or why it wasn't working earlier.

Reactions: aznmode

rizzo269

Jan 16, 2011
MI
Battery life is good so far. Overnight the phone sat for 8 hours and only lost 5% which is pretty solid for any device. I haven't came across any bugs yet on beta 2 besides an occasional stutter/pause when changing apps or returning to home but that's been pretty infrequent.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Mr. Orange 645
Anyone try Android Auto on your car on beta 2 yet?
I used Android Auto twice today and everything worked for me ('19 PP2 Mustang GT w/Sync 3). Amazon HD and Tidal HiFi music played without issue, Maps worked and phone calls worked too. (FYI, my device is an ATT Note 10+, flashed to U1 (unlocked) firmware and then manually flashed to beta 1 and then beta 2. I also flashed the ATT CSC device to retain ATT features (VoLTE, WiFi and Video calling)).

Last edited:
Reactions: aznmode

ricohz

Mar 6, 2011
Ok this is what I got
How can I get to UI2 beta?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191129-195840_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20191129-195840_Settings.jpg
    232.8 KB · Views: 473
Last edited:

Geekser

May 18, 2017
Milwaukee
ShimmeringGlass.com
Thanks
I had to down grade and I got it from firmware science

I am currently on ATT's latest firmware and wanted to try the Beta - I believe I heard that you can't sign up in the Samsung Members app any more so you have to download from Firmware Science.

What I need to know is - in order to use the Update zip from Firmware science, which firmware do I need to be on ? I don't suppose I can run Udate Zip while still running N975U firmware, so I must have to use Odin to go to N975U1 - but does it matter which one? The latest version I can find from Samfirm is N975U1OYM2ASJC - so if I flash that firmware in ODIN can I move to the beta by flashing the Update Zip from Firmware Science?

I thought I would try to do the update zip from firmware science but when I did, I got a Status 7 Error - which I think is a compatibility error - so the update I was attempting to use was not compatible with the update zip. I need to find the correct version to be on in order to flash the update zip - anyone know exactly which one I need to have? And where to get it?

Last edited:

ricohz

Mar 6, 2011
i am currently on att's latest firmware and wanted to try the beta - i believe i heard that you can't sign up in the samsung members app any more so you have to download from firmware science.

What i need to know is - in order to use the update zip from firmware science, which firmware do i need to be on ? I don't suppose i can run udate zip while still running n975u firmware, so i must have to use odin to go to n975u1 - but does it matter which one? The latest version i can find from samfirm is n975u1oym2asjc - so if i flash that firmware in odin can i move to the beta by flashing the update zip from firmware science?

Your help is appreciated.

n975u1ues2asj8
I also was on n975u1oym2asjc i had to downgrade to n975u1ues2asj8 for the beta to take in recovery
i got both beta (1 and 2)from firmware scince
I got n975u1ues2asj8 from sanmobile

Last edited:

Geekser

May 18, 2017
Milwaukee
ShimmeringGlass.com
n975u1ues2asj8
I also was on n975u1oym2asjc i had to downgrade to n975u1ues2asj8 for the beta to take in recovery
i got both beta (1 and 2)from firmware scince
I got n975u1ues2asj8 from sanmobile

Ok, I am on J8 - I downloaded the files I needed and when I attempted to use the first update zip, I got an error message that said something like "unable to use the Meta data to install the partition or something close to that.

When I first started the UPdate zip in Recovery, it looked like it was going to fininish but then failed at the end. Not sure why I got that error.

Any suggestions?

ricohz

Mar 6, 2011
Ok, I am on J8 - I downloaded the files I needed and when I attempted to use the first update zip, I got an error message that said something like "unable to use the Meta data to install the partition or something close to that.

When I first started the UPdate zip in Recovery, it looked like it was going to fininish but then failed at the end. Not sure why I got that error.

Any suggestions?

That happened to me when I was on j8 carrier
I had to Odin j8 unlocked

Reactions: Geekser

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 2 has been released

I awoke to a notification that beta 2 was released. Below is the changeling from Samsung.

[ Beta Software Update )
    :l S/W Version
    - ZSKH
    :l Bug Fix
    - The screen flickers
    - When returning from some app to the home screen the
    background can appear to be blurred
    - The status bar disappears when turning the screen off,
    /vhile some app is opened
    - When taking a screenshot, and opening Recent window
    after that, the screenshot of recent window is captured
    - Keybaord is cut at the bottom
    - Keyboard can't be resized
    - Two contacts app display after update
    - Application that has been removed from the folder and
    laced on Home Screen disappears
    - After update, app shape changed to Android app shape
    - AOD doesn't appear while charging
    - A Noise can be heard when connecting a Bluetooth device
    - Improved gestures interactions, some problems have been

axed.
    :l Known Issues
    - No scrolling in widget state.

- The Fingerprint icon stays on the screen after unlocking the
    device.
    : Disappears when unlocking with fingerprint icon displayed
    )n lock screen
    ZSL5 is available to download now

nice, was just gonna say... does feel like we in the US been lagging a bit in terms of beta releases... they didn't even do it for carrier phones this time.
    ZSL5 is available to download now
    I'm still not understanding why the T-Mobile Note 10 5g has android 10 stable out the box but the note 10+ is still going through the beta. Then only difference in hardware is the 5G chip. I can't imagine there would be much difference in the builds other than the 5G radio stuff. :confused:

They were late to the 5g game.. prolly figured to just release with Q instead of pie then being late to update it to q lol
    What he said that. You will see that error if you are on carrier j8 or have flashed carrier j8 csc while on unlocked firmware.