[US BETA 3][ZSL5] Official Android 10/UI 2 BETA for the US unlocked Note 10+ (N975U)

Search This thread

Geekser

May 18, 2017
Milwaukee
ShimmeringGlass.com
I used Android Auto twice today and everything worked for me ('19 PP2 Mustang GT w/Sync 3). Amazon HD and Tidal HiFi music played without issue, Maps worked and phone calls worked too. (FYI, my device is an ATT Note 10+, flashed to U1 (unlocked) firmware and then manually flashed to beta 1 and then beta 2. I also flashed the ATT CSC device to retain ATT features (VoLTE, WiFi and Video calling)).

So, I flashed the CSC (home) from the J8 firmware for N975U - on reboot, I was able to get WiFi calling again - thanks for the tip - it worked perfectly.

I was a little nervous, I didn't know I could flash CSC from the previous android 9 firmware on the Android 10 Beta - but it did work - no issues as of yet. Thanks Again.

Last edited:

dottat

Retired Forum Moderator
Jan 10, 2011
york, pa
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
So, I flashed the CSC (home) from the J8 firmware for N975U - on reboot, I was able to get WiFi calling again - thanks for the tip - it worked perfectly.

I was a little nervous, I didn't know I could flash CSC from the previous android 9 firmware on the Android 10 Beta - but it did work - no issues as of yet. Thanks Again.
Remember it will be the same deal when the next ota arrives. You won't be able to flash it for the same reason and will have to downgrade to j8 and flash all the ota zips and then when done that flash your csc again.

Reactions: Geekser

aznmode

Jun 23, 2007
I used Android Auto twice today and everything worked for me ('19 PP2 Mustang GT w/Sync 3). Amazon HD and Tidal HiFi music played without issue, Maps worked and phone calls worked too. (FYI, my device is an ATT Note 10+, flashed to U1 (unlocked) firmware and then manually flashed to beta 1 and then beta 2. I also flashed the ATT CSC device to retain ATT features (VoLTE, WiFi and Video calling)).

On beta 1 my audio was going back and forth between car and phone. So I downgraded back to pie. I use android auto a lot.

Edu616

Jul 20, 2011
Greetings,

Anyone could point me in the right direction to get the beta update if I'm nota member? I have used Odin before plus used to do sideloading but it has been years since I have done anything I have the N975U1 Version. Thanks!

Last edited:

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
I've been away for a while ... I have an Unlocked U1 device that is currently on U1 ZSK3 firmware. Seems like that when I flashed that there wasn't something available or something ...

Bottom line as an ATT user would you guys recommend switching to U firmware so I can update to the latest ZSKL firmware ? I guess I see that it is a pain in the fanny and that the device has to be downgraded to J8 for each update if I have flashed the carrier CSC form J8 to get ATT calling features ??

AllTheWay

Retired Senior Moderator
Apr 3, 2007
Folsom, California
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3
Greetings,

Anyone could point me in the right direction to get the beta update if I'm nota member? I have used Odin before plus used to do sideloading but it has been years since I have done anything I have the N975U1 Version. Thanks!
Which software build number are you on right now. You have to be on ASJ8 in order to flash the Android 10 update. Have you tried signing up for there beta in the Samsung members app yet?

Please stay on topic. As I stated in the OP there is already a thread for HOW to get on the beta program or install the beta build. It's linked in the OP.

This thread is for those of us already on the beta to discuss new features, track bugs, fixes, workarounds, etc.

Thank you!

Remember. Read the OP first before posting! But once you get it loaded up. Please come back her to share your thoughts on it!!

Reactions: aznmode

Edu616

Jul 20, 2011
Which software build number are you on right now. You have to be on ASJ8 in order to flash the Android 10 update. Have you tried signing up for there beta in the Samsung members app yet?

Greetings,

I never got the message on the Samsung Member app. So I installed SJ8 via Odin and then side loaded via adb the beta updates. Sorry like I said I have not been in Android for years now so I was a little rusty. Thanks for your reply and sorry for asking for this on this thread which now I know it was the wrong thing to do so I apologize.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Please stay on topic. As I stated in the OP there is already a thread for HOW to get on the beta program or install the beta build. It's linked in the OP.

This thread is for those of us already on the beta to discuss new features, track bugs, fixes, workarounds, etc.

Thank you!

Remember. Read the OP first before posting! But once you get it loaded up. Please come back her to share your thoughts on it!!

Sorry I have not been in the community for years now and I'm a little rusty. I will make sure to stay on topic next time sorry again!

Greetings,

I never got the message on the Samsung Member app. So I installed SJ8 via Odin and then side loaded via adb the beta updates. Sorry like I said I have not been in Android for years now so I was a little rusty. Thanks for your reply and sorry for asking for this on this thread which now I know it was the wrong thing to do so I apologize.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

Sorry I have not been in the community for years now and I'm a little rusty. I will make sure to stay on topic next time sorry again!

No problem. Just trying to keep the thread from getting muddled.

justinxfan

May 4, 2015
Vancouver
Having an interesting issue on beta 2.

I keep getting a notification that "Facebook Feature" is updating, but it never completes. Facebook shows an update available in the Play Store, but it errors out.

Has anyone else had the issue I posted earlier about app icons in the app drawer disappearing?

I have the exact same problem. I believe it is a bug with android 10 actually as I saw a similar report of the same thing happening on a MIUI phone running android 10. I disabled facebook and downloaded facebook lite and while i'm not getting the notification as frequently, I am still getting it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/help/updating-feature-facebook-t3978871

I have the exact same problem. I believe it is a bug with android 10 actually as I saw a similar report of the same thing happening on a MIUI phone running android 10. I disabled facebook and downloaded facebook lite and while i'm not getting the notification as frequently, I am still getting it.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/k20-pro/help/updating-feature-facebook-t3978871

Interesting. It's not that big of a deal, I'm more concerned about impact to battery life with it trying to download something that doesn't exist.

My battery life has definitely gone to **** since I updated so this may be the cash. I'm struggling to make it through the afternoon these days.

I honestly can't determine if my battery life is better or worse. I dislocated my knee cap and have been off work and can't really get around. So I've spent a LOT more time on my phone than usual. I've got nothing else to do, LOL.

I live on the third floor, so I've been staying with family who live in a house (no stairs) so I can't even get to my gaming consoles. So it's been all Facebook and streaming movies. It seems to hold up pretty well to that I guess.

justinxfan

May 4, 2015
Vancouver
I honestly can't determine if my battery life is better or worse. I dislocated my knee cap and have been off work and can't really get around. So I've spent a LOT more time on my phone than usual. I've got nothing else to do, LOL.

I live on the third floor, so I've been staying with family who live in a house (no stairs) so I can't even get to my gaming consoles. So it's been all Facebook and streaming movies. It seems to hold up pretty well to that I guess.

Aw man that really sucks. Streaming videos is generally less taxing on the battery and it's not a really good measure of realistic battery usage. You don't play any video games on your phone?
Since you live in American I'm guessing you have more serious things to worry about at the moment like your medical bill haha. Maybe you could try inviting friends over or something if you're bored?

Aw man that really sucks. Streaming videos is generally less taxing on the battery and it's not a really good measure of realistic battery usage. You don't play any video games on your phone?
Since you live in American I'm guessing you have more serious things to worry about at the moment like your medical bill haha. Maybe you could try inviting friends over or something if you're bored?

I do some gaming on my phone, but not much. I'm a console guy. I've got Project xCloud, but my parents' internet service is achingly slow. About 4 Mbps, LOL.

Oh well, my wife is taking me back to the apartment this weekend. I'll crawl up the stairs if I have to, LOL.

As far as medical bills, I have insurance and a health savings account. The rest I'll take care of with payments. It could be worse.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Beta 2 has been released

I awoke to a notification that beta 2 was released. Below is the changeling from Samsung.

[ Beta Software Update )
    :l S/W Version
    - ZSKH
    :l Bug Fix
    - The screen flickers
    - When returning from some app to the home screen the
    background can appear to be blurred
    - The status bar disappears when turning the screen off,
    /vhile some app is opened
    - When taking a screenshot, and opening Recent window
    after that, the screenshot of recent window is captured
    - Keybaord is cut at the bottom
    - Keyboard can't be resized
    - Two contacts app display after update
    - Application that has been removed from the folder and
    laced on Home Screen disappears
    - After update, app shape changed to Android app shape
    - AOD doesn't appear while charging
    - A Noise can be heard when connecting a Bluetooth device
    - Improved gestures interactions, some problems have been

axed.
    :l Known Issues
    - No scrolling in widget state.

- The Fingerprint icon stays on the screen after unlocking the
    device.
    : Disappears when unlocking with fingerprint icon displayed
    )n lock screen
    ZSL5 is available to download now

nice, was just gonna say... does feel like we in the US been lagging a bit in terms of beta releases... they didn't even do it for carrier phones this time.
    ZSL5 is available to download now
    I'm still not understanding why the T-Mobile Note 10 5g has android 10 stable out the box but the note 10+ is still going through the beta. Then only difference in hardware is the 5G chip. I can't imagine there would be much difference in the builds other than the 5G radio stuff. :confused:

They were late to the 5g game.. prolly figured to just release with Q instead of pie then being late to update it to q lol
    What he said that. You will see that error if you are on carrier j8 or have flashed carrier j8 csc while on unlocked firmware.