• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

US dialing format with latest UK JF 1.5 build

Search This thread

chrisjc

Apr 13, 2008
Hello,

I have got a really small but extremely annoying problem with my G1. I upgraded to an ADP build of 1.5 a month or so ago which I had some problems installing, so had to wipe all my apps and data. On that build, I accepted that I would have the american dialing format, with all the masses of dashes included. I then updated to the latest (at the time) JF 1.5 ADP build but kept my data intact. I have recently updated to the JK UK build of 1.5 in the hope that it would give me the UK dialing format, but unfortunatly it still seems fixed to the US format :(. I would really love to change this but I really don't want to wipe my phone again. Any suggestions anyone can give?

Thanks in advance

Chris

remixme

May 4, 2005
Personally I find it pretty annoying. Its enough to stop me using a build as it makes it harder to memorise numbers.

If we could get some information on how to change it ourselves as a lot of rom builders are not from the uk and are not likely to provide custom builds.

PaulFen

Mar 10, 2009
I had the same problem. I just went into settings -> Locale & Text -> Select Locale -> English. This removed all the dashes from the numbers expect for the numbers of contacts I added while running ADP1.5.