[US Unlocked Fire Phone] 4.6.1 update bin file

Search This thread

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
For those of you who have flashed the wrong firmware on your phone and you are stuck now, or if you just want to get the bin file to the 4.6.1 upgrade for US unlocked version, here it is:

Try
https://mega.nz/#!Ul9GjJYa!XX8Ev0XkHeROwGvm_L_jWklgketsBL-iIqU_T3k9ah0
Or
https://mega.co.nz/#!Ul9GjJYa!XX8Ev0XkHeROwGvm_L_jWklgketsBL-iIqU_T3k9ah0

Note that after the upgrade your bootloader is updated and you cannot downgrade to an earlier version. Any problems after the flashing can be fixed with a factory reset.

Enjoy.

Last edited:

ddarkraven

Sep 15, 2008
For those of you who have flashed the wrong firmware on your phone and you are stuck now, or if you just want to get the bin file to the 4.6.1 upgrade for US unlocked version, here it is:

https://mega.co.nz/#!8lkhjQRS!XX8Ev0XkHeROwGvm_L_jWklgketsBL-iIqU_T3k9ah0

Note that after the upgrade your bootloader is updated and you cannot downgrade to an earlier version. Any problems after the flashing can be fixed with a factory reset.

Enjoy.

Worked! My services updated and its still working! Thank you very much.

ease_the_pain

Aug 31, 2009

Enjoy.

Thank you very much. Is this the newer than german bin file? 461013320 ?
Update;
Yes it seems like the newer than 3320 because I didn't get the 'newer file installed on your phone' software version is 461013820 now.
Clean install no AT&T hotspot service or app in the menu.
It is running flawlessly until now.
Thank you again.

Last edited:

hl4gkf

Feb 16, 2015
during few days , I looking for this file.. Thanks very much najoor.
my phone ( especially google play service problem is solved) is working well.
few weeks ago, I was update with 4.6.1 - 461013320 O2 carrier version.
But I have trouble with google play service. ( gmail, gps working, play store etc.)
I think this version is solve that problem.

Thanks again. :good:

aoleg

Jan 8, 2015
Many many thanks for the update .bin! Updated my Unlocked GSM device from previously flashed 4.6.1 AT&T firmware. Google Services now fully work!

gthomley

Oct 25, 2009
Great update, solved all the little issues from the German update including Google Play and Google Settings (I had been unable to disable OK Google before to save battery).
Thansk!

ulises.rodriguez

Sep 28, 2011

Enjoy.

1000Thanks najoor for uploading the new .bin file, for the Fire-Phone USA Unlocked!!

As some users here, I also has noticed that this new file have a more recent number, than the versions for the UK and Germany...

I also has noticed that with this USA Unlocked update, all Fire-Phone users here, have reported that now the Google-Play-Store and the Google-Play-Services APPs are working flawlessly again!!...

Could it be that Amazon has fixed something, to make the Google-Play-Store work again?...

Since the USB OTG Function is available in the Fire-Phone and only have to be enabled by software, I would appreciate if someone please could check if the USB OTG function is now working with the latest update?

Does anyone have noticed any other additions, fixes or changes??

Last edited:

najoor

Mar 11, 2014
Los Angeles
1000Thanks najoor for uploading the new .bin file, for the Fire-Phone USA Unlocked!!

As some users here, I also has noticed that this new file have a more recent number, than the versions for the UK and Germany...

I also has noticed that with this USA Unlocked update, all Fire-Phone users here, have reported that now the Google-Play-Store and the Google-Play-Services APPs are working flawlessly again!!...

Could it be that Amazon has fixed something, to make the Google-Play-Store work again?...

Since the USB OTG Function is available in the Fire-Phone and only have to be enabled by software, I would appreciate if someone please could check if the USB OTG function is now working with the latest update?

You are welcome.

I don't think amazon has intentionally fixed Google play store. It is not in their interest anyway for the users to use play store because amazon has its own competing store. My guess is that they have fixed a big that affected many things including play store.

My observation of this update is that it is superior to previous versions in terms of speed and battery life. Another great advantage of this update is that now you can disable many of the apps, including the amazon native and system apps. It makes one think that you almost don't need root...

Another interesting point is that depending on what Sim card you put in the phone it loads a different mobile network menu. For example if you put an AT&T sim you will get a menu item called search for AT&T small cell or something like that. There are also a number of additional features some of which I don't necessarily need; changing wallpaper, miracast, find your phone, disable 4G etc.

Reactions: sapps

ulises.rodriguez

Sep 28, 2011
You are welcome.

I don't think amazon has intentionally fixed Google play store. It is not in their interest anyway for the users to use play store because amazon has its own competing store. My guess is that they have fixed a big that affected many things including play store.

My observation of this update is that it is superior to previous versions in terms of speed and battery life. Another great advantage of this update is that now you can disable many of the apps, including the amazon native and system apps. It makes one think that you almost don't need root...

Another interesting point is that depending on what Sim card you put in the phone it loads a different mobile network menu. For example if you put an AT&T sim you will get a menu item called search for AT&T small cell or something like that. There are also a number of additional features some of which I don't necessarily need; changing wallpaper, miracast, find your phone, disable 4G etc.
100% Agree najoor, when you said:

"I don't think amazon has intentionally fixed Google play store. It is not in their interest anyway for the users to use play store because amazon has its own competing store. My guess is that they have fixed a big that affected many things including play store. "

That's what I meaned, that Amazon has fixed something, that has made the Google-Play-Store started to work again...

Do you has tested the new Bluetooth 4 and if the USB OTG Function works?

spdracer5g

Mar 4, 2014
Thanks to the OP for this link.

I installed on my US Market, Unlocked 32GB Fire Phone this afternoon, and everything is working great, including Google Play and Hangouts. I have not noticed any problems at all so far, and have restarted the phone a few times just to be sure.

egglexda

Jan 19, 2011
thank you

used it to update my US unlocked phone from the O2 UK version of 4.6.1
working great !
did those who installed the Play Store use the original pack of 4 files , or that latest set recently listed here ?

Reactions: BjornBear

chalx

Jan 16, 2007
Used it to update my German Telecom phone, inlocked with code from telecom. Everything went fine. After update I had to change wifi channels to US on my router to be able to have wifi connection. Wifi is ok now. I noticed that with this build I have quick reply delete option in email notification in dropdown statusbar.

egglexda

Jan 19, 2011
Play Store works

just to add to this thread that new package of the 4 latest Play Store files work perfectly with this version of 4.6.1 :D

Reactions: radang

LNRrgB

Aug 1, 2013
usb otg

I see no evidence of OTG functionality. I hooked up multiple usb devices, and nothing was recognized.
.I know the OTG cable is fine.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Try
    https://mega.nz/#!Ul9GjJYa!XX8Ev0XkHeROwGvm_L_jWklgketsBL-iIqU_T3k9ah0
    Or
    https://mega.co.nz/#!Ul9GjJYa!XX8Ev0XkHeROwGvm_L_jWklgketsBL-iIqU_T3k9ah0

Enjoy.
    The Mega upload link is for 'update-kindle-juniper-35.4.6.1_user_461013820.bin' is that correct? Could someone post an MD5 hash?

It is the correct file, despite the name. That is how amazon named the file on their servers but it is in fact for the fire phone. If I find time later today I will add the MD5 to the OP.

You are welcome.

thank you

used it to update my US unlocked phone from the O2 UK version of 4.6.1
    working great !
    did those who installed the Play Store use the original pack of 4 files , or that latest set recently listed here ?
    Play Store works

just to add to this thread that new package of the 4 latest Play Store files work perfectly with this version of 4.6.1 :D